P3S jello problems
1279 20 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asparuh Nestoro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195456 ft
Bulgaria

Hello guys, I bought a phantom 3 standard a week ago but I think I have a jello issue. I updated the firmware, calibrated everything, balanced propellers etc and the jello remains. I have previous experience with DIY 450 quadcopter and cheap (50$) gimbal where I did all the tricks to reduce jello but did not expect such a thing from a phantom and do not know what to do.

Here is a clip. Watch it full screen

Can you please share your opinion is that too much jello and what should I do. Does anybody have experience with such a problem?

2016-12-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is a bit of a problem here, you posted 3 videos and they are quite long. One would be enough to demonstrate your problem, keep it short and say what time on the video it is noticeable. I looked at the last one and could not really see any jello at all, but you may be seeing something different. Have you checked the anti-drop pins? Have you got all four pins fitted? You should only have two on diagonal corners of the gimbal.
2016-12-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I don't see jello - but slight CMOS interference in first video for very short instances ..... they are the horizontal lines ... they are indistinct which usually means a vibration or out of balance item when power applied. This is most likely one or more props.

It can be lack of calibration - so first calibrate everything ! Then fly .... check video ..... if you think still there .... swap props .... fly and check again.

Generally all I see is occasional tiny movement of whole frame - which is model in the air ... we cannot expect perfect station.

Nigel
2016-12-24
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

I couldn't see Jello either but what I did see is the light reflecting through the props that cosi just see a lil prot a little warble
2016-12-24
Use props
Asparuh Nestoro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

I cut the most noticeable jello in one short clip and put it in the fist post. You have to watch it full screen. I have just 2 pins in place and everything is balanced and calibrated.
2016-12-25
Use props
francisowen449
lvl.1

Philippines

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH MY PHANTOM 3 STANDARD AFTER LATEST UPDATE IT SAYS BARROMETER ERROR.,HOW TO FIX THIS?
2016-12-25
Use props
berkay
lvl.2

United States

Asparuh Nestoro Posted at 2016-12-25 04:36
I cut the most noticeable jello in one short clip and put it in the fist post. You have to watch it full screen. I have just 2 pins in place and everything is balanced and calibrated.

Could you share your camera settings when you were shooting those? Were you shooting in auto mode?

If you're shooting 30fps 2.7K give a try to switching to manual and setting your shutter to 60 and adjust your ISO properly.

You might benefit from those settings. By the way your footage looks sharp. I wouldn't call this a P3S if it wasn't under the P3S forum.
2016-12-25
Use props
fans7337b3bd
New

Portugal

Hello, i have a similar problem, in muito phone i see lines like in photo, anyone can help me
Thanks
2016-12-25
Use props
fans7337b3bd
New

Portugal

fans7337b3bd Posted at 2016-12-26 02:45
Hello, i have a similar problem, in muito phone i see lines like in photo, anyone can help me
Thanks

Hello,
I have similar problems, i see vertical lines on phone image. Someone can help me?
2016-12-25
Use props
Asparuh Nestoro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

berkay Posted at 2016-12-25 20:10
Could you share your camera settings when you were shooting those? Were you shooting in auto mode?

If you're shooting 30fps 2.7K give a try to switching to manual and setting your shutter to 60 and adjust your ISO properly.

Yes it is 2.7k 30 fps However those shots are ISO 100 shutter 400. I can not lower the shutter further
2016-12-25
Use props
berkay
lvl.2

United States

Asparuh Nestoro Posted at 2016-12-25 14:02
Yes it is 2.7k 30 fps However those shots are ISO 100 shutter 400. I can not lower the shutter further

You should be able to switch to manual shooting mode (not manual flying mode) and able to adjust your shutter speed.

Any chance to post a screen shot of your settings?
2016-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans7337b3bd Posted at 2016-12-26 05:45
Thanks

Do not hijack someone elses' thread. Start your own.
2016-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The horizontal ines in the first clip are prop shadow, that occurs when you shoot toweards the sun and it is shining down through the props onto the front of the lens. The only way to avoid that is to not shoot into the sun.

As for jello, now I can see some jello in certain shots. Jello is only caused by one thing, vibration in the camera. And adjusting settings has almost no effect of jello, the only real cure is to eliminate the camera vibration. Try hovering the aircraft in front of you and see if you can see it vibrating. It may be caused by a torn or missing rubber suspension unit on the gimbal, or by unbalanced propellers.

Geberally speaking the DJI props are usually quite well balanced, but when I got my aircraft there were slight imbalances, so I purchased a Dubro balancer and balanced all the props and this got rid of the problem.

2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Zebra stripes are from over exposure.

You can turn them off in the app, or use the right front wheel on the RC to change exposure.

Enjoy them new drones guys. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-25
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

fans7337b3bd Posted at 2016-12-26 02:47
Hello,
I have similar problems, i see vertical lines on phone image. Someone can help me?

You can expect to see lines of interference in the phone image. Wifi is going to be noisy particularly while the drone is moving.
2016-12-25
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-26 05:00
Zebra stripes are from over exposure.

You can turn them off in the app, or use the right front wheel on the RC to change exposure.

Standard has no right front wheel on RC.

Nigel
2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2016-12-25 15:14
Standard has no right front wheel on RC.

Nigel

Oh Yeah, that darn undergraduate device... I hate that shortcoming. ;-$

Go into the app camera settings and turn it off, that is if you like.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-26 09:59
Oh Yeah, that darn undergraduate device... I hate that shortcoming. ;-$

Go into the app camera settings and turn it off, that is if you like.

Let's not get too fussed about this, that post is from someone who is hijacking the thread.
2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-25 16:16
Let's not get too fussed about this, that post is from someone who is hijacking the thread.

Yeah, I think there are soon to be a lot more new posts and hijacked threads. Very soon in fact... Ha

But if you think it's busy here, multiply that times a few dozen, for the 12 other drone manufacturers forums.
Not to mentio gazillions of help request letters to Santa and his helping elves.
So many drones, to a bunch of too true new pilots. Haha

Half of them in Nnorth America where it's mostly nasty winter RC flying weather. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-25
Use props
Asparuh Nestoro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

When I look the clips on my 23" monitor jello is well obvious.  The main question now is should I return the drone if it is a malfunction or try to fight the jello on my own.
2016-12-26
Use props
Asparuh Nestoro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

I sent it back to DJI. Their support confirm it should not film like that.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules