Order Inspire 2 w/ Licenses or Drone will be "Worthless" (Clarified)
3172 19 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

Be careful to order the drone WITH the license. We were informed that you CANNOT add Pro Res or DNG to any Inspire 2 drones that aren't shipped from the factory with the license already pre-installed. We had to cancel our "bare" Inspire 2 order and re-order the premium bundle accordingly. This was confirmed by both the Enterprise team and the regular consumer side. This might change down the road, but for now be careful.

There should be a very big notice on every 3rd party website and DJI stating that you cannot add the license if it doesn't come directly pre-installed. There are plenty of people on this forum and others that have ordered the drone and x4s that plan to upgrade down the road as well as people who ordered the barebones setup with plans to add the X5S, SSD, etc down the road.

It is misleading since there is a "store page" dedicated to each license, but no ability to add to the cart as it isn't like a CD Key that unlocks the formats. Again, you HAVE to order the license with the drone or you WILL NOT have the ability to use these formats down the road.

2016-12-24
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh boy!  Need the Moderator to confirm this.
2016-12-24
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hope this is not the case,

No good, needs confirmation.
2016-12-24
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh this will stir up the pie if correct.
2016-12-24
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

After checking on DJI website I find this very hard to belive since the have a guide how to purchase and install the license keys. As the OP indicated it can be found in the store, and my thinking is that it will be available after preorders are done. Still needs confirmation.

http://www.dji.com/service/inspire-2-license-key/guide
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13337 ft
Hong Kong

Don·t worry,It won·t be a problem! you can purchase any License you like and activate
2016-12-25
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Here's a useless thread - Just spreading FUD.
Something that an email or phone call would have sorted out in a few minutes.
2016-12-25
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

Here is a copy of the email thread. I can pull out the chat from the consumer side as well. There is a reason you CANNOT buy the license through the DJI Store.
20161225_131014.png
2016-12-25
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

I was shocked myself and immediately reached out to the online chat support and after they looked into it further, they also confirmed that you can't buy the drone only and then get the licenses after.
2016-12-25
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Fragenstein198 Posted at 2016-12-25 17:11
Here is a copy of the email thread. I can pull out the chat from the consumer side as well. There is a reason you CANNOT buy the license through the DJI Store.

Think you need a camera before buying license, seems you only purchased a craft? Am sure you can get the lisence at later date.
2016-12-25
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

We bought the Inspire 2 and then on a separate order we were ready to get the the X5S and only the DNG license, but we were informed that you cannot add any licenses unless it's pre-installed by the factory. The support chat window confirmed that users who got the "entry" setup of an X4S would be able to upgrade the camera, but not the codec.

Keep in mind this is the situation TODAY. I doubt they're installing an additional codec chip to the pcb so I'm sure eventually it'll be like a cd key route....or at least we hope. Any way it doesn't matter for us because we picked up the premium bundle right after we found out, but consumers should be aware.
2016-12-25
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

That's why you can't add a license to the cart. You can't add a license with the camera either. The only time we can add Pro or DNG is when you're ordering the craft. Hence why people should load up the software regardless of the camera they choose and then you're "future proofed". Hopefully a firmware update will solve this issue.
2016-12-25
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Fragenstein198 Posted at 2016-12-25 19:54
We bought the Inspire 2 and then on a separate order we were ready to get the the X5S and only the DNG license, but we were informed that you cannot add any licenses unless it's pre-installed by the factory. The support chat window confirmed that users who got the "entry" setup of an X4S would be able to upgrade the camera, but not the codec.

Keep in mind this is the situation TODAY. I doubt they're installing an additional codec chip to the pcb so I'm sure eventually it'll be like a cd key route....or at least we hope. Any way it doesn't matter for us because we picked up the premium bundle right after we found out, but consumers should be aware.

Think the issue you are having is that this is a "Pre-Order", If you want a license you have to buy the combo. Regardless you need a camera first and the license is tied to the craft. If you choose to buy the craft & camera only I am sure that you can pick any of the two or booth licenses once "Pre-Order" is over.
2016-12-25
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

Why would they say cancel the entire order and you can't get the license separately? Wouldn't it make sense for DJI to say say sure keep the Inspire 2 and then place an order for the X5S and after pre order add the license? Instead they told us that you can't add the license after and you should cancel the order asap and re-order.
2016-12-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Sounds fishy as they show the licenses for sale on their website, but cannot purchase them just yet.

http://store.dji.com/product/cinemadng-license-key#/?_k=qu4zza
http://store.dji.com/product/cin ... nse-key#/?_k=x5eb0b

This "Must buy the license now" may be only for the pre-sale units going to individuals before they begin selling to stores.  I can wait as I don't plan to be a beta tester on the first run of them until they hit the stores where I can return it for another quickly should I find defects.

2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi All, sorry for any confusion caused.
To make it clear, if you purchase the Inspire 2 (only aircraft), you can also purchase the license respectively, then activate it.
The reason why you cannot add it to your cart is that it's not available recently on our DJI online store, while it will be available in near future.

Besides, there are three tips for you:
1. You can use it directly if you order the combo from DJI store.
2. If you order aircraft, gimbal camera and license (such as CinemaDNG) together, then you need activate it via Assistant 2 with the verification code.
3. If you order an aircraft only, then purchase the license, you need bind the Cinecore code and activate it via Assistant 2 with the verification code.
2016-12-25
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for clearing that up, so once the pre-orders are done, the licenses will go live. So for now don't split up the craft and license if you can't wait 2 months for the soft launch to be over. Thank you again!
2016-12-26
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fragenstein198 Posted at 2016-12-26 11:51
Thank you for clearing that up, so once the pre-orders are done, the licenses will go live. So for now don't split up the craft and license if you can't wait 2 months for the soft launch to be over. Thank you again!

Checking this morning (Dec 29th), the DJI Store has now updated the sale of the various I2 codec licenses ->
Click here to purchase the DJI Inspire 2 License Keys
As stated, the purchase requires linking the key to an Inspire 2 aircraft serial number at the time of purchase.
2016-12-29
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Be happy if anyone you buy from makes such a mistake hiding some facts. Its a sure refund thing even after many months of usage. Let amazon, Paypal, ebay, your credit card company,.. ..... take your money back from the dealer later

I got a 100% FREE camera (not DJI) from amazon last year in a similar case where amazon granted a full refund though I only asked for a price reduction. As I never offered a cancellation of the contract obviousely the camera was not returned - however the dealer could sue amazon and let a court settle a fair price reduction on his cost.

Dont make THEIR problems YOUR problems! You CAN ask for fulfillment or price reduction no one can force you to cancel the contract though many try to make you believe this.

Some item description wrong? Cannot do what they promised? Dont be sad instead make an airjump and give a high five you won!
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Fragenstein198 Posted at 2016-12-26 11:51

Hey, just letting you know I just added to your title that the situation was simply clarified.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules