Google map randomly pops up?
1005 7 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

As we are all here complaining about the Here map. Today after I took off my mavic, I notice instead of getting the usual here map, Google map popped up with working satitlite view! Unfortunately it was short lived as my app crasbed shortly after and the here map came back.
Weirdly the map tracking mode was still working!

Wonder is there a glitch to make Google map to work...

I'm running Android 6- OnePlus 3
DJI Go 4 4.01
http://Google map!
Screenshot_20161224-182954.png
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello lildevilx, could you please find the crash log by below path:
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2016-12-26
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Canada

PM'd, Thanks!
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI GO Android
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

We are looking for the cause of the problem, I'm sorry for the trouble you've caused.
2017-1-2
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Canada

DJI GO Android Posted at 2017-1-2 19:18
We are looking for the cause of the problem, I'm sorry for the trouble you've caused.

Great thanks!
2017-1-3
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

DJI GO Android Posted at 2017-1-2 19:18

Why do I get the impression you are barking up the wrong tree?

Sounds like you are apologising for inconvenience caused to OP by temporarily imposing Google Maps on him - Whilst OP appears to be saying ....maybe their is a loophole here we can actually leverage to get Google Maps back which is what 99% of people around here want.

The real problem is the lack of Google Maps - not their temporary, unexpected & tantalising return!
2017-1-3
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Logger Posted at 2017-1-3 11:58

Sounds like you are apologising for inconvenience caused to OP by temporarily imposing Google Maps on him - Whilst OP appears to be saying ....maybe their is a loophole here we can actually leverage to get Google Maps back which is what 99% of people around here want.

I've seen google maps briefly appear on first reboot after firmware updates - twice now.
This suggests the app might default to google if Here was somehow blocked.
2017-1-3
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Canada

Logger Posted at 2017-1-3 11:58

i'm hoping they are referring to the app crashing... hopefully...
However would be nice if there were some software people around that might be able to tell us if there is a loophole to get google map 100% of the time
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules