Battery Issue - 2 Middle LEDs and on button permanetely flashing
1394 12 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

Hi.   Got my Phantom 4 today.   Plugged the ipad into the remote controller and fired up the DJI Go app.   It asked to do a firmware upgrade.   I though that it would just download the firmware.  However while it was downloading the Battery on the Phantom had it's 2 middle leds on permanently.  I did not have the Phantom plugged into the remote.     I was able to upgrade the Firmware because I had a second battery.   I now have a battery that has the 2 middle leds on permanently.   Is there any was I can fix this?

2016-12-24
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Are you sure the battery  didnt accidently turn on?
2016-12-24
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

The battery was in the Phantom 4 and may have been on.   The Phantom 4 was not plugged into the DJI Go app.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello JohnnyD34, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI assistant. Let me know if this helps.
2016-12-24
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,  I tried connecting it to DJI  Assistsnt.  I get an error message indicating the battery need to be at least 50% charged.   Is there any way I can charge the battery?
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JohnnyD34 Posted at 2016-12-25 14:28
Hi,  I tried connecting it to DJI  Assistsnt.  I get an error message indicating the battery need to be at least 50% charged.   Is there any way I can charge the battery?

You can try to charge the batter then check whether you can start aircraft, if so, please upgrade the aircraft again, it should be fine.
2016-12-25
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

I tried to charge the battery for an hour.  It doesn't appear to be charging and the LEDs are still on.   I put the battery in the Phantom 4 and it powers the P4.  When I connect using DJI assistant and try to upgrade software  I get an error saying battery needs to be over 50% charged.  The LEDs are still permanentely on even after a full day.  Will the LEDs go off when the battery eventually discharge?  Should I put it in the P4 to fully discharge the battery?
2016-12-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

JohnnyD34 Posted at 2016-12-25 21:02
I tried to charge the battery for an hour.  It doesn't appear to be charging and the LEDs are still on.   I put the battery in the Phantom 4 and it powers the P4.  When I connect using DJI assistant and try to upgrade software  I get an error saying battery needs to be over 50% charged.  The LEDs are still permanentely on even after a full day.  Will the LEDs go off when the battery eventually discharge?  Should I put it in the P4 to fully discharge the battery?

Turn your battery on, then put it on charge, to see if that makes any difference when trying to charge it.
To turn on the battery push the button,then push and hold the button to turn it on, (same as you would to start the aircraft)  
2016-12-25
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

I can't switch the battery off . It on all the time.   Nothing changes when I put it on the charger.
2016-12-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JohnnyD34 Posted at 2016-12-26 09:36
I can't switch the battery off . It on all the time.   Nothing changes when I put it on the charger.

From memory, the two middle LEDs flash when Assistant is upgrading the battery firmware during a craft upgrade. If they are stuck on then my bet is that the firmware was corrupted on application - hence the LEDs are stuck on. I'm thinking your best bet is to let it discharge in the hope that that resets the battery completely, then go for a full charge and try to re-apply the latest craft firmware with it inside afterwards. You need to somehow get the firmware successfully applied.
Again, just my $0.02
2016-12-25
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

How long will it take to fully discharge? It's been sitting there for almost 2 days and the LED's are still on.  Will it discharge faster if I put it in the P4?
2016-12-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - you can deplete it from use.. Or, you set the number of days for it to auto discharge in the GO App. I think the default is 10 days (if you don't touch it)
2016-12-25
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

I finally took it back to the retailer where I purchased it.   They replaced the battery and the charger with one from a new Phantom 4 box.    I also asked if they had a price guarantee as I saw the Phantom 4 discounted after Christmas at another store.  They were happy to match the price if it was within a 2 week period and therefore refunded me $150.    I'm happy now.   
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules