Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings,

My P4P is consitently losing the image transmission signal for a few seconds every time I attempt to take a photo. In addition, when I get to my computer to transfer the photos off the card, there are no photos. Only video. I am using a Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you are using? both RC and AC are up to date? how about the APP version?
The problem occurs only when you attempt to take photos, right?
How about the performance with the original SD card? please format the SD card or change another one to have a try.
2016-12-25
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello and thank you for the reply. RC and AC are up to date. Updated app to latest version just before flight. Yes - the problem only occurs when attempting to take photos. Formatting didn't work with the Sandisk SD.
I'll try the card that came with the AC again, and leave an update.

2016-12-25
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-25 16:20
May I know what mobile device you are using? both RC and AC are up to date? how about the APP version?
How about the performance with the original SD card? please format the SD card or change another one to have a try.

I'm usiing an IPad Mini 2. Tried the card that came with the AC. Put it in and the same thing happened. After removing it and putting it back in a few times, turning the aircraft on and off a few times, and repeated reformats, it worked - Until I turned the AC on the next day.

I also notice that I cannot bring up the photo settings in the app. Only the video settings. The Photo settings temporarily are seen when I attempt to take a photo. ie - When the shutter releases, video transmission signal is lost and the camera settings (Photo size, RAW, JPG, etc) appear for about 1 second.
2016-12-27
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-25 16:20

Hello - In addition, when I plug the AC into DJI Assistant (PC) I get a "Cannot Load Firmware List" message.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2016-12-28 05:31
I'm usiing an IPad Mini 2. Tried the card that came with the AC. Put it in and the same thing happened. After removing it and putting it back in a few times, turning the aircraft on and off a few times, and repeated reformats, it worked - Until I turned the AC on the next day.

I also notice that I cannot bring up the photo settings in the app. Only the video settings. The Photo settings temporarily are seen when I attempt to take a photo. ie - When the shutter releases, video transmission signal is lost and the camera settings (Photo size, RAW, JPG, etc) appear for about 1 second.

Thanks for the details, I've transferred this case to our engineers for evaluation, will let you know for any news, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For the second question, restarting aircraft makes no sense, right?

2016-12-27
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 15:23
Thanks for the details, I've transferred this case to our engineers for evaluation, will let you know for any news, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For the second question, restarting aircraft makes no sense, right?

Definitely tried restarting a few times and it had no definitive effect. The one time it was corrected seemed really random, and I couldn't attribute it to any it to any one thing, or combination of things I did.

I sincerely appreciate the help, and look forward to a solution.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

There is no issue for video recording, which means the SD card is working fine.
To locate this problem, please help confirm the following information:
1. Make a short video for your flight showing the issue you mentioned.
2. Upload a screenshot of the firmware version on "About" page through APP.
2016-12-29
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the reply. I'll get that done asap.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

HI Mycypher,
1. whether you have connected the USB to the Drone?
2. when you can't do the capture successfully, could you show us the capture parameters (please show the screenshot)?
2016-12-30
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Image transmission error when taking photos

App, AC, and RC info

App, AC, and RC info
2017-1-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 00:10
There is no issue for video recording, which means the SD card is working fine.
To locate this problem, please help confirm the following information:
1. Make a short video for your flight showing the issue you mentioned.

Here is a link to a video showing the image transmission drop out when attempting to take a photoLost image transmission signal
20170103_131957.jpg
2017-1-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-25 00:20

Here's a better video showing the image transmission loss when attempting to take a photo, as well as the temporary appearance of the camera settings only when releasing the shutter. Temporary image transmission loss
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-1-3 16:23
Here's a better video showing the image transmission loss when attempting to take a photo, as well as the temporary appearance of the camera settings only when releasing the shutter. Temporary image transmission loss

The aircraft firmware version shows unknown here, have you tried again to upgrade it through Assistant 2? It can be upgraded to the latest or not?
Besides, please change the settings to JPEG, then try to take photos again and let us know the results, thanks.

2017-1-4
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-4 00:25
The aircraft firmware version shows unknown here, have you tried again to upgrade it through Assistant 2? It can be upgraded to the latest or not?
Besides, please change the settings to JPEG, then try to take photos again and let us know the results, thanks.

When I plug the AC into to DJI Assistant 2 via PC, I get a message saying that "Firmware version unavailable". I will change settings to jpg and see what happens.
2017-1-4
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-4 00:25

Switched camera settings to jpg when settings temporarily came up during shutter release. Camera took photos without losing image signal. Then immediately switched back to RAW, and camera again took photos without loss of image signal.

Plugged AC back into DJI Assistant, and message reads "Cannot load firmware list. Retry" next to a blue "Factory Reset" button.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-1-4 12:30
Switched camera settings to jpg when settings temporarily came up during shutter release. Camera took photos without losing image signal. Then immediately switched back to RAW, and camera again took photos without loss of image signal.

Plugged AC back into DJI Assistant, and message reads "Cannot load firmware list. Retry" next to a blue "Factory Reset" button.

Glad to hear the improvement, it's working fine with photo taken now, the only problem is that it cannot detect the firmware version, right?
2017-1-5
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-5 00:40
Glad to hear the improvement, it's working fine with photo taken now, the only problem is that it cannot detect the firmware version, right?

Hello - Not really. After another flight and reinserting another card, the issue repeated. It was corrected after taking the same steps. I'm guessing that this isn't shouldn't be a normal thing - but we'll see how the next few flights go.

And yes - Firmware version is still not being displayed or detected. Also noticed that the flight path (green line following the red triangle) isn't being displayed in the window at the bottom right of the app screen. Not sure if this is related or not.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-1-5 15:22
Hello - Not really. After another flight and reinserting another card, the issue repeated. It was corrected after taking the same steps. I'm guessing that this isn't shouldn't be a normal thing - but we'll see how the next few flights go.

And yes - Firmware version is still not being displayed or detected. Also noticed that the flight path (green line following the red triangle) isn't being displayed in the window at the bottom right of the app screen. Not sure if this is related or not.

Sorry to hear about that, in that case, we'd suggest you send it in, our engineers will take care of your case and help you fix it.
You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Please provide me your case number, I'll follow up your case, thanks.
2017-1-5
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-5 19:30
Sorry to hear about that, in that case, we'd suggest you send it in, our engineers will take care of your case and help you fix it.
You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Thank you. I appreciate the help.
2017-1-6
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Here is my case #:
CAS-397117-K6J8S2

Thank you
2017-1-6
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 796289 ft
United States

I had the exact same issue as in your video and sent it in. They couldn't recreate the problem so thy sent a new drone and controller. The new drone has no issues. Link to my thread. Link
2017-1-6
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skywalker91 Posted at 2017-1-6 20:14
I had the exact same issue as in your video and sent it in. They couldn't recreate the problem so thy sent a new drone and controller. The new drone has no issues. Link to my thread. Link

Good to know it's not just me and something I'm overlooking. Thanks for sharing your experience.
2017-1-8
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello - I sent the AC in to be looked at, but one slight thing changed just before I packed it up and I didn't know who to send the updated info to.
Just before I packed it up, I did a factory reset from DJI Assistant to see what would happen. The AC firmware version is still not showing when linked to DJI Assistant, but it did show in the app.  Unfortunately the camera and photo taking problem still remained after the reset.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-1-9 18:17
Hello - I sent the AC in to be looked at, but one slight thing changed just before I packed it up and I didn't know who to send the updated info to.
Just before I packed it up, I did a factory reset from DJI Assistant to see what would happen. The AC firmware version is still not showing when linked to DJI Assistant, but it did show in the app.  Unfortunately the camera and photo taking problem still remained after the reset.

We'll help you evaluate the unit once we receive it,  thanks for your supporting again!
2017-1-9
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No - Thank you!
2017-1-10
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello Natalia,

So I got my P4P back a few days ago from repair, and one issue seems to still exist: When I connect the AC to DJI Assistant I still get a message saying "Cannot load firmware list". I took it out for a test flight after receiving it from repair, and I got a message on the DJI Go app before take-off stating the firmware needed to be updated. Brought it back home plugged it into DJI Assistant and the "Cannot load firmware list" message appeared. Tried linking the AC for update through the DJI Go 4 app, and realized that the AC and remote were now not connecting at all.  My frustration with this unit is waning and I'm ready to send it back for a refund as I still have time to do so. I'm assuming that when I plug into the DJI Assistant app, I should be seeing what firmware is currently on my AC, and if it needs updating, I'll get a message. This isn't happening. Please tell me - Did I get bad unit, or is there is a simple fix?
2017-1-21
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just an update: I think the issue may be with my wifi and/or internet connection not being able to connect with DJI's servers. I did a factory reset, and the firmware showed up, where as it did not before. After doing a  reset, I linked the AC with the app and remote, and I was then able to update. In short it seems as though my AC will not update via DJI Assistant, and the firmware cannot be read by DJI assistant, but when linked through my IPad, everything seems to work as it should. However, just to be sure, I'm hoping someone reads this and can confirm that my guess is correct.
And by the way - From sending the AC in for repair of the camera to getting it back in my hands took a total of 7 days. And I'm in Hawai'i! Amazing service.
2017-1-24
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

Just a thought: have you tried DJI Assistant on another PC? Maybe your antivirus or firewall is blocking the connection to the server, disabling temporarily might work.
2017-1-24
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Turning off the firewall actually didn't work. I'm actually hoping and thinking that it's my very outdated router, as I have a few other devices that seem to have trouble connecting to certain service servers.  A new one will be arriving Monday, so we'll see what happens then. Thank you for the suggestion.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules