3514 20 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingasd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31089 ft
Italy

I'm so sad.

My mavic pro is a fantastic piece of hardware, with a plenty of functions. But, damn, the only problems i founded was with DJI GO 4.0 and my Nexus 5X.
Oh yes, I KNOW, it's not a supported smartphone, but only 15 cellphone are supported by DJI.

The problem is always the same. The app works fine for a while, about 10 minutes... then the video stream freeze and after few seconds the app freeze.
For god sakes the controller works good and "return home" button always works fine, but it's frustrating.

Maybe DJI must support more than 15 models of phone...

(Sorry for my english...)
2016-12-25
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a lg v20 and dji go 4 app constantly closes so no long flights until this gets fixed. I just got this phone and can't exchange it so I'm hoping for fixes to this android compatibility and if DJI can get this phone added to the approved list.
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried to use the DJI GO v3.1.1? Please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.
2016-12-25
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.3

United States

I got my Mavic Oct 30, i updated it when i flew the first time, and haven't updated anything since, not the app or the firmware for drone or controller. Everything works perfect! I've done this with my P3 Pro, and P4. I don't update them!! I'm using the Note 5 for my Mavic.
2016-12-25
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

I have installed the 3.1.1 version and i Will try It.
But custom sticks doesn't works (same as 4.0), they invert the settings i made. I set mode 1 but i usually use inverted axis for altitude.
2016-12-26
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Do you have to have the latest DJIgo app to update firmware or can you use djigo 3.1 to update firmware
2016-12-26
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

I have the last firmware (26 dec) updated today via dji app 3.1.1
2016-12-26
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

were are release notes so you can see what its diff between the latest version and the 3.1.1 version?
2016-12-26
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

I use the note 4 and it crashed every time and causes reboots even when not using the app. remove the app and everything is back to normal. install it and use it once, reboots!!!! this is an approved device????
2016-12-26
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

Set your phone to airplane mode before you connect to the RC controller. This worked for my unsupported Droid Maxx 2.

FYI I switched to a Ipad Mini 2 and so much better. Got it at Target for $189 NICE
2016-12-26
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew a little while ago with my lg v20 and app crashed a couple times. I've got a holder on order so I can try my nvidia shield which I've never had a problem with my p3p. I've got an asus z8 tablet also. Only other option is to wait for a fix.
2016-12-26
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

@dji mindy 3.1.1 works Pretty well on my Nexus 5x!
No freeze or crash for the First time!
Just a Little problem with the auto return at home. When the procedure started, i've already Landed. Only in that moment i got the ok or cancel prompt, but i was not able to choose
2017-1-1
Use props
fans681ac1c1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

"The app works fine for a while, about 10 minutes... then the video stream freeze and after few seconds the app freeze.
For god sakes the controller works good and "return home" button always works fine, but it's frustrating."

Same problem with my Nvidia Shield K1 and DJI Go 4. It was working like a charm with my P3A and former DJI Go app. I saw on this forum that this problem is very frequent even with "supported devices". Is it a problem with the app or with the Mavic?! We are looking for a clear answer from DJI....
2017-1-1
Use props
Dangerousdaveki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-25 19:19
Have you tried to use the DJI GO v3.1.1? Please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.

I also have a new LG V20 and using the DJI GO 4 app today (second flight) it turned off 4 times.  Now the Mavic will keep flying but still nervous flying with out the DJI GO 4 app especially if you are in one of the active flight features.

QUESTION: Can we use the DJI Go app for the Mavic and what are the differences please...

Other than that, the Mavic is by far the best drone I have ever had. Can't wait for a vacation....
2017-1-1
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i have Motorola play X  ( bit too thick, but i removed one of the two rubber grips on the right side )  and it has been behaving much better on Go 4  since making sure there are NO background apps running and in "Airplane" mode before starting the Go4 app,  i have also been power cycling before running Go 4 ,  after flight i MUST ensure the GO 4 app is killed too !  or it will flatten my phone battery in very short time, the GO 4 app appears to be MASSIVELY power hungry!   with Go4 app running in the background and my phone hooked to the charger,  it still slowly discharges !  so the charger cant keep up with the power draw !  WOW.
2017-1-2
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

Try the 3.1.1. It's lighter, Faster, and IMHO more stable.
2017-1-4
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Thank you, I was at the point of shopping for a Nexus 5X phone that I can use only for flying but now Im leaning towards to iPad mini.
EDIT: Now DJI has app called Ground Station Pro for iOS devices.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-78851-1-1.html
2017-1-4
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Sorry to hear, but I have a Samsung S7 Edge and DJI GO 4 fails to load too.  Updated to Android 7 and hoped for an improvement.  NO.  Failure again!  
2017-2-22
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595157 ft
Canada

I'm having similar issues with the DJI Go 4 app and my Nexus 6P (Huawei) running Android 7.1.1

It was very frustrating at first as the app would crash on start up every time until I learned to start while holding the phone in portrait mode.

Now I get the app freezing up part way through flight. If I hover and relaunch the app everything continues to work, it's just very frustrating and a bit unnerving.

I'll experiment more with phone settings to see if that helps. The first thing I'll try is to disable battery optimization for the DJI Go app in the advanced battery settings.
2017-2-22
Use props
SupraLB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Oddly, my LG V20 does not crash on GO 4.   I think its maybe because I use the joysticks for flying and not the app to control it.   I only use the app to adjust the camera and to see where i'm at.   

On the original GO app, it crashed once on my initial flight, when I was using the app to take off.  
2017-2-22
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

eyeg4et1956 Posted at 2017-2-22 05:02
Sorry to hear, but I have a Samsung S7 Edge and DJI GO 4 fails to load too.  Updated to Android 7 and hoped for an improvement.  NO.  Failure again!

Android 7 is not getting along very well with GO 4, hopefully they will fix it soon.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules