Main Controller Data Error
1658 11 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

When I go to calibrate IMU, it stops at 1% and says 'unknown error occurred; recalibration required.' But, when I go to recalibrate it again gets stuck at 1% and displays the same message.

Yes, I crashed, into a tree, near the top, caught by branches. Took me a while to find it, and I had to climb up into the tree and even then use a long loose branch to reach up and slip the branch through the landing skid to get it. No outward appearance of damage. When powering up, the camera/gimbal does its normal routine, the camera works fine. Cables seem intact. But, something is wrong. Any suggestions?? Thanks. -Ken

2016-12-25
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

The IMU may be stuck. I've seen that fixed but it involves breaking open the shell.
2016-12-25
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for that; I'll give it a try (need to get the proper tools first)
2016-12-25
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-26 15:10
Thank you for that; I'll give it a try (need to get the proper tools first)

Yes, make sure of that before you begin. Good luck.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kenwae, sorry to hear about the crash, to ensure safety, it would be best to send it in for further evaluation.
You can submit a case here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2016-12-26
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

I would like to thank Betamace for posting that video tutorial. I was able to fix the problem! It cost me $18 in tools, about an hour worth of time, and I learned something useful in terms of maintenance should this occur again.
2016-12-26
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-27 04:01
I would like to thank Betamace for posting that video tutorial. I was able to fix the problem! It cost me $18 in tools, about an hour worth of time, and I learned something useful in terms of maintenance should this occur again.

Yes indeed, I'm glad you were successful !
2016-12-26
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

Still no problem?
2016-12-28
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Took it out and flew it a couple of times since the fix and all seems good. I tested the return to home feature, and it seemed to work right, it went up to about 3oo feet, where I set it, moved closer to landing area, but it started to come down and land maybe 20-30 feet from where it took off. I think that might be due to the proximity; that is, it wasn't really that far away from the take off point. When I first got it, the same thing happened. It was too close to take off point for return to home to be accurate enough. I'll test it again when it's a thousand feet away. I'm still rather incredulous that I was able to find the bird in the tree, and fix it! Thank you again for that tutorial....
2016-12-28
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the update and thanks to Betamace for putting up that video it is going to come in useful for when I crash.
2016-12-28
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-29 03:26
Took it out and flew it a couple of times since the fix and all seems good. I tested the return to home feature, and it seemed to work right, it went up to about 3oo feet, where I set it, moved closer to landing area, but it started to come down and land maybe 20-30 feet from where it took off. I think that might be due to the proximity; that is, it wasn't really that far away from the take off point. When I first got it, the same thing happened. It was too close to take off point for return to home to be accurate enough. I'll test it again when it's a thousand feet away. I'm still rather incredulous that I was able to find the bird in the tree, and fix it! Thank you again for that tutorial....

Really, it depends on how many satellites are acquired. At first I was shocked when my typical RTH averaged 15-22 feet. I was accustomed to 18-24 inches from home point accuracy with my dual compass X380 but the whole idea is to have the drone come back close enough so you can regain control. Yet, 20-30 feet accuracy can land your drone up on a roof or into a tree if you allow it.   
2016-12-28
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-28 10:43
Really, it depends on how many satellites are acquired. At first I was shocked when my typical RTH averaged 15-22 feet. I was accustomed to 18-24 inches from home point accuracy with my dual compass X380 but the whole idea is to have the drone come back close enough so you can regain control. Yet, 20-30 feet accuracy can land your drone up on a roof or into a tree if you allow it.

Yeah, and when I have used RTH, once I see it, I shift back to manual. When I have used RTH when the bird is way out there, it does come pretty much right overhead, and then I take control; it may well be number of satellites. But, that aside, it's flies great. In fact, it seems to boot up and ready to fly faster than before!

2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules