latest firmware release 2016-11-29 update failed. Help
1165 7 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

Hi everyone, I got my first drone 2 days ago and when I start setting it up, it asks for update.  The RC updated through the app which is ok but the batteries and aircraft which I have problem with.  I spend so much time going through forum and forum looking for answer and try many way but still not success.  Don't know how many time I have to format the SD on PC or in the aircraft with usb cable and try 3 different sd card, also using all different version available on dji download site.

Problem with mine is its running the update fine for the first 3-5 mins then after that the gimbal indicator light stay on red and making long sound like the harddrive running.  I try to leave it on like that for 10-15 mins sometime and still nothing change except the gimbal is getting hot so I have to turn it off.  So now no matter what I try, that red indicator light will come on have have that harddrive sound after 3-5 mins update.  I have also include the log so if anyone know what happen please help or I have to return and getting a new one instead.  Thanks

I also should note that when I first receive the drone and connect it, I have no video diplay on my phone and have a red box said no connection.  This is a reason I have it update when the app asked, and from here everything went wrong.  
David

phantom 3 log.pdf

112.08 KB, Down times: 10

log file

2016-12-25
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

I'm assuming that since you're saying the 11/29 update you have a P3 Advanced or Pro? Are you updating the correct way via having the firmware update on the SD card?  10-15 minutes may be too short, I've seen them take 30. Firmware update is done when the LED on the gimbal base stops fluctuating between red and green. You do not need the controller cable connected, you don't even need a cable or the RC to update a P3A/P.
2016-12-25
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

You do not use the USB cable for the updates. You need to watch or read the instructions before doing these updates. They have to be done correctly or you can brick the quads mainboard. Try doing the process all over again putting the correct BIN file on the root of the SD card.
If you cut it off in the middle of an update, you will probably have to send it in to DJI and have them fix it.
2016-12-25
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Canada

CCrew Posted at 2016-12-26 12:20
I'm assuming that since you're saying the 11/29 update you have a P3 Advanced or Pro? Are you updating the correct way via having the firmware update on the SD card?  10-15 minutes may be too short, I've seen them take 30. Firmware update is done when the LED on the gimbal base stops fluctuating between red and green. You do not need the controller cable connected, you don't even need a cable or the RC to update a P3A/P.

I am having P3 pro and yes I have watching lots of video and reading a lot and so far couldn't find the fix.  When the update ran the gimbal light suppose to blink from green and red and shouldn't stay in red only.  Mine it stuck in red light and doing nothing even I leave it on for longer then 40mins.  Really the step to put the Bin in the sd card and format is not that hard it is the internal update that we have no control of and who know what happen during the update.
2016-12-26
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Canada

HWCM Posted at 2016-12-26 15:46
You do not use the USB cable for the updates. You need to watch or read the instructions before doing these updates. They have to be done correctly or you can brick the quads mainboard. Try doing the process all over again putting the correct BIN file on the root of the SD card.
If you cut it off in the middle of an update, you will probably have to send it in to DJI and have them fix it.

As I have mention, I have try every method that is out there and hoping for something that work but so far none work.  I really want to get it flying rather then sent it back and forth for them to fix.  I hope someone can understand my log and give me advice as the procedure to update is not hard and I do not turn off power during update.  Only turn off when its stuck on red and giving error.  Once the sd card is in and the update begin it is the software take over and who know what happen during the update as this is a software issue.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I've checked the upgrading log, it shows "device not detected" for 0800 and 1500 modules, it needs to be send in for evaluation, and our engineers will help you fix it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support via support.us@dji.com, our support will help you create a case to send it in.
2016-12-26
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 18:30
I've checked the upgrading log, it shows "device not detected" for 0800 and 1500 modules, it needs to be send in for evaluation, and our engineers will help you fix it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support via , our support will help you create a case to send it in.

THanks that answer all my question.  
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hondas3000 Posted at 2016-12-27 04:52
THanks that answer all my question.

No problem. Our engineers will help you evaluate and get it fixed soon once they receive your unit.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules