So I crashed my drone, quick question
1037 7 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justin2310
lvl.1
United States

So I got my drone December 9th at Best Buy, and have been flying it reguarly since, I was at my friends house tonight and had it in sports mode and didn't see it went into a tree, I thought I was above it. Basically the blades caught a branch and it took a decent fall. Blades snapped which is ok, a couple piece broke off the legs that hide the wires it looks like. But my question is what is the procedure to make sure its not internally damaged?

I looked into DJI Care and DJI Refresh. I couldn't really figure out the different between them. But would I have to buy that in order to get a replacement IF it is broken?

I used the spare blades it comes with and it took off fine and landed fine so I think it may just be missing some parts. I would still like to get it looked at just in case.

Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing what I need to do.

Thanks DJI team!
2016-12-25
Use props
Justin2310
lvl.1
United States

I could post pictures if needed to determine if I need to buy DJI Care
2016-12-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, send dji a email and tell them that you need to send it in for repairs, or DJI will normally respond here to  your thread with the info you need.
2016-12-25
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Can't buy DJI Care or Refresh AFTER a crash, have to be able to demonstrate that the drone is intact and flying. This is an operator induced failure, i.e.= customer pay. By the sounds of the leg descriptions at least the compass setup will be fubar as the compass wires go down into the legs.
2016-12-25
Use props
Justin2310
lvl.1
United States

Yeah it takes off fine and flies fine but there is some dirt stuck in between the plastic and what not, I re-calibrated it and it takes off and lands good, from the looks of it. I'll send them an email though. Thanks!
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash.
What's your aircraft model? As mentioned, you cannot but Care or Refresh after a crash now.
We do suggest you send it in for evaluation, you can submit here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2016-12-26
Use props
Justin2310
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 18:22
Sorry to hear about the crash.
What's your aircraft model? As mentioned, you cannot but Care or Refresh after a crash now.
We do suggest you send it in for evaluation, you can submit here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Its a Phantom 4, I sent it out today. I hope all is well once it arrives to DJI.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Justin2310 Posted at 2016-12-27 13:21
Its a Phantom 4, I sent it out today. I hope all is well once it arrives to DJI.

You'll be up and running again in no time.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules