Mavic Gimbal overload after minor crash
4315 5 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

I received my mavic two days back and on the second day i had a minor crash to wall. After the crash mavic is showing 'Gimbal overload error' and the camera is pointing inwards after starting the mavic. The frame under gimbal is still attached to the bands and the frame is inside the hook. I tried recalibrating but it didnt help. I wanted to check if someone can help me with this or do i need to send back the mavic.Here is the video link.

Thanks in advance.
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.
I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
You can create a case via this link : https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2016-12-26
Use props
jayf05
New

Australia

i had the same issue, looks like the gimbal ribbon cable has broken.

I checked local repair centres and no one has parts yet so looks like I'll be sending back to DJI  
Hopefully it doesn't take too long, can't wait to be back in the air!

2016-12-27
Use props
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

I sent my device for repair yesterday. Its really heartbreaking when it happens on the second day of receiving it. Hoping to hear back soon from repair team.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

I just wanted to thank DJI for the quick turnaround time on my repair.

My shipment was received at CA,US repair center on Jan 4.
On 5th i received email notification from DJI saying the device was received.
In a matter of few hours the repair cost was assessed and repair had begun. The issue was with Gimbal control board and the repair was done free of cost.
On 6th i received notification saying repair is complete.

The turn around time was really quick considering this would be a busy time for them due to holidays.

2017-1-6
Use props
fansdc3a1957
lvl.1

United States

Same issue, mine does the same thing.  It went out of control hovering.  Hit the wall slid down the wall approximately 3 feet to carpet.  1 flight 3 feet 30  seconds.  Could be my fault idk, just disappointed is all waiting 2 months get it it's -10 degrees out.  I don't think I'll fly indoors anymore.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules