DJI go 4 -- No 4k?
2011 3 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James L.
lvl.2
United States

So I usually do the edits on FCP, but I was with my family for Christmas and shot some cool short footages with them. Thought it would be cool to share some videos quickly using the DJI go 4 app to make something. However, I quickly found out that videos recorded in 4k can't be edited in the app.

Is there a way to convert the 4k to 1080 within the app?

I would never record anything in 1080 with the Mavic because the detail is not there.

Any ideas around this?

I guess I won't be able to share anything with my family until I get home, but man, it would've been very nice if the DJI app can edit the 4k videos or at least convert to 1080.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry James, you cannot convert the video resolution via DJI GO app.
But you can enable "cache during video shooting", then you can share the cache video instead.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry James, you cannot convert the video resolution via DJI GO app.
But you can enable "cache during video shooting", then you can share the cache video instead.
2016-12-27
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I highly doubt your phone would have the capability to edit 4k footage anyway, at least not in a way you'd be happy. Plenty of people can't even do that with their computers. Also the amount of space that would take up on your phone if your project is any kind of length.  
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules