Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJO GO works on SONY Xperia Z Ultra
1662 6 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Since my Sammy Galaxy Note Edge (= Note 4) is housed in a flip-cover and is my professional companion everyday I didn´t want to uncover it everytime I fly my Mavic. I had to somehow squeeze it tight to the clamp-bars. Very unsatisfying .............

Now I reactivated my old SONY Xperia Z Ultra, cleaned it from 90% of apps and installed DJO GO 3 and DJI GO 4. So far in 4 test-flights DJO GO 3 works flawless  on the Z Ultra. Will proceed testing DJI GO 4 ..........

Furthermore I was quite happy with my original DJI transport-bag but since there are no straps to wear it as back-pack it´s not convenient to bring it along when riding motorcycle or skiing etc. So I just use my bike´s tank-bag for my Mavic on the go.

Xperia Z Ultra inserted

Xperia Z Ultra inserted

bike tank-pack

bike tank-pack

bike-tank-pack replaced DJI-bag

bike-tank-pack replaced DJI-bag
2016-12-26
Use props
roniel12017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182336 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm planning to buy a dedicated tablet on my mavic pro and I think z ultra is good size for this... any update on testing DJI GO 4
2017-4-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

roniel12017 Posted at 2017-4-17 03:45
I'm planning to buy a dedicated tablet on my mavic pro and I think z ultra is good size for this... any update on testing DJI GO 4

The more updates of DJI GO 4 i receive the more crashes .................  {:4_154:}  Problem is: I can´t tell You ANY phone (even the "official phones" like my Galaxy Note 4) that does NOT crash once in a while. Although I never ever would buy Apple-stuff, maybe You would be better off with an iPad mini ?
2017-4-17
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft
Belgium

I've been using the Sony Z Ultra with my Mavic for a few months as my Note 4 just crashes every time with DJI Go 4, initially the Z Ultra wasn't great as it had the occasional crash but I then wiped it and only installed the DJI software and hasn't crashed or had any issues since.  

That said even though the Sony is an ideal size for the Mavic I wouldn't recommend it as Android devices just seem too inconsistent, even for the same model some people have their phones working well but for others it's unusable.  Even though I dislike Apple if I was to buy a device specifically for the Mavic it would be an iPad Mini 4 as that seems to work consistently well.

2017-4-17
Use props
roniel12017
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Thanks for the recommendation guys... I was eyeing for the z ultra because its already cheap in the market and I'm not a fan of apple. But you're right, for performance consistency I think ipad mini 4 is worth it.
2017-4-18
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft
Belgium

How cheap have you seen it?
2017-4-18
Use props
roniel12017
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Here in UAE it's only $148USD compared to Ipad Mini 4 it's $433USD.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules