Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AF Screwed Up After Firmware Upgrade Today
1716 24 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojopig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44334 ft
Hong Kong

Anyone experiencing the same issue as mine, after upgrading firmware today, AF had gone completely messed up in both video/photo mode.

I tried both day/night time shooting and all footage was blurred as hell...

**My videos/photos taken yesterday before the firmware upgrade were completely crystal clear

Example: (Resized smaller to upload here, completely out of focus)
DJI_0034.JPG
2016-12-26
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

I think I notice that today but didn't think it was the update until now that u mention it
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just tested and the continuous auto focus is working fine and refocusing as I fly around.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

edwarde21 Posted at 2016-12-26 09:57
I think I notice that today but didn't think it was the update until now that u mention it

Are you not hearing the refocusing beep and the camera refocuses?It's also working correctly when I manually refocus.
2016-12-26
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 01:10
I just tested and the continuous auto focus is working fine and refocusing as I fly around.

Ken thanks for looking into it. Let me give you more details.

Saturday I was out for hiking and flew the drone, Go 4 App told me there's an update available but I had no wifi in the field so I ignored it and flew my drone. All pictures and videos were crystal clear.

Sunday morning, I update the firmware before I left home, update successful and flew the mavic nearby. Noticeably thru the iphone picture was a bit blur, tried focusing near and far objects, no improvement at all. Took several shots and videos and head back, checked it in the mac all footages appeared as blur as you could see earlier.

So the only thing happened in between was the firmware upgrade, no crash, no drop, nothing else. Ken, can you please check with the developer if they had touched any codes on the AF in the newest firmware? Tks vm.
2016-12-26
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hkotemp.png

To address on the possibility of condensation in/out of the lens, here's the temp and rel. humidity
I flew it at around 12:30 and 23:30, not a dry day but definitely not a wet day either, bright sunshine at midday

Saturday had even higher relative humidity when the AF worked fine, it was a bit misty on the mountain top when photos/videos were very sharp.

Not likely a condensation problem for me I guess.
2016-12-26
Use props
fanse66a3bf6
lvl.3
Spain

jojopig Posted at 2016-12-26 19:57
[view_image]

To address on the possibility of condensation in/out of the lens, here's the temp and rel. humidity

I had this focus issue because of condensation.
After drying the camara it's fine.
Look at
http://forum.dji.com/thread-77579-1-1.html
2016-12-26
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Hong Kong

fanse66a3bf6 Posted at 2016-12-27 03:20
I had this focus issue because of condensation.
After drying the camara it's fine.
Look at

You saw your issue that's why I bring up the weather condition when I flew, but I don't think it's likely the reason though...
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jojopig Posted at 2016-12-26 11:41
Ken thanks for looking into it. Let me give you more details.

Saturday I was out for hiking and flew the drone, Go 4 App told me there's an update available but I had no wifi in the field so I ignored it and flew my drone. All pictures and videos were crystal clear.

Thanks for the report, I'll check with them and post after I hear back from them.
2016-12-26
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried to reset the camera settings to default. A while back someone had a similar issue with focusing and this helped as it gives the camera a little kick when it resets.
2016-12-26
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

Is AF IOS only or available for Android? Cannot find it.
Thanks.
2016-12-26
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-12-26 18:56
Is AF IOS only or available for Android? Cannot find it.
Thanks.

I don't think there is a setting for auto-focus.  It just does it with current firmware and dji go 4.
2016-12-26
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

There is an absolute issue with focus after a Go update.  I have had sharp and clear as of Friday.  Friday's update hosed my focus.

2016-12-26
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

Mine doesn't auto focus. I'm on latest Fw and Dji go 4 on Android. I have only tap to focus or fully manual choices.
2016-12-26
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've upgraded everything and only tap to focus is working.
2016-12-26
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Ok here's what I will test today:
Upgrade firmware for all 3 batteries I have for sake of consistency (Think I have only upgraded firmware under 1 battery)
Reset camera setting
Fly again today (Weather is even nicer today, less haze, less humidity)
2016-12-26
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Result: AF is back to normal, seems "Reset Camera Settings" did the trick
So the unsolved mystery is what happened after the firmware upgrade....
2016-12-26
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

jojopig Posted at 2016-12-27 03:31
Result: AF is back to normal, seems "Reset Camera Settings" did the trick
So the unsolved mystery is what happened after the firmware upgrade....

Great! Had a feeling it would work! :-) Have fun out there!
2016-12-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

How do you upgrade battery firmware i have 3 batteries and never got any firmware update message for any
2016-12-27
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

boostedford Posted at 2016-12-28 04:00
How do you upgrade battery firmware i have 3 batteries and never got any firmware update message for any

It will prompt you on the fist page of the app if the battery needs the update. No prompt means the battery is up to date. Hit the DJI icon in the top right of the camera view page to go back to the main page. You can always connect it up via Assistant 2 and force a f/w update if you are not convinced that they do not need one :-)
2016-12-28
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

chippie Posted at 2016-12-28 07:10
It will prompt you on the fist page of the app if the battery needs the update. No prompt means the battery is up to date. Hit the DJI icon in the top right of the camera view page to go back to the main page. You can always connect it up via Assistant 2 and force a f/w update if you are not convinced that they do not need one :-)

^ Thanks! So i I flew today with the new update i think I'm having this problem too and I tried resetting the camera setting when I tested it in the house after updating focusing was fine I tested it at different depth of fields to make sure and it focused just fine but when I went out the fly and review the footage (and I know for a fact I tap to focus a few times because I do not see it automatically focusing) I noticed that in the footage it was not as focused as it used to be could it be that temperature plays a role? I believe it was about 40 degrees Fahrenheit
2016-12-28
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

I think i also have a focus issue since update. Will try camera reset when possible. Conditions were not optimal though: 5 deg celcius at ground level, flew @ 500' , bit hazy.  Whatever it is, sure if reset does not fix it the next firmware will
So happy with this little critter so far!
2016-12-28
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

no auto focus for me after update. even after resetting camera
2016-12-28
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hm so more and more of you getting this issue. Ken have you heard from the dev-team yet?

Footage after camera reset:
IMG_6027.JPG
IMG_6034.JPG
IMG_6044.JPG
2016-12-28
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Id like to add: the dji do4 never "told" me to update go. Check for updates said  no updates available. When i went to google play the update button appeared. Got the current version now but too cold to fly.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules