Atomos Ninja Fire
2677 7 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

I have a chance t buy one very very cheap and I just don't know enough about it to justify buying it
Any input from photographers would be great

Thank you
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You may want to get in contact with a dealer to get a better idea. When Googling that name, it pops up on a few  dealer websites that sell DJI product as well. You can probably work with them to see if it's something you want to use with your Inspire.
2016-12-26
Use props
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-26 19:34
You may want to get in contact with a dealer to get a better idea. When Googling that name, it pops up on a few  dealer websites that sell DJI product as well. You can probably work with them to see if it's something you want to use with your Inspire.

OK im still trying to figure out some specs to see if this will benefit me

Is the remote HDMI output 1080P?

Im wondering if there is any benefit not recording using the camera and just recording from from the remote with the Ninja Fire, Is this way going to give me any better quality by saving some processing power in the camera?

Or is the transmission of the video signal compressed when being sent to the remote
2016-12-27
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Inspire flyer Posted at 2016-12-27 15:48

In short, you will get better quality, recording straight to SD card in the camera. Apart from all the other factors, any radio interference between your drone and the monitor will show up on the recording. This looks like a great monitor but unless it is an Android or IOS device, you will not be able to run the app on it so will only be good for a second monitor, maybe for camera operator on second remote or fixed to a tripod. Still a decent piece of kit and no doubt better in direct sunlight than most, if not all our devices.
If you do get it be sure to post a review for the rest of us, I'd love to find out more.

Mark G.
2016-12-28
Use props
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-28 08:27
In short, you will get better quality, recording straight to SD card in the camera. Apart from all the other factors, any radio interference between your drone and the monitor will show up on the recording. This looks like a great monitor but unless it is an Android or IOS device, you will not be able to run the app on it so will only be good for a second monitor, maybe for camera operator on second remote or fixed to a tripod. Still a decent piece of kit and no doubt better in direct sunlight than most, if not all our devices.
If you do get it be sure to post a review for the rest of us, I'd love to find out more.

Thanks for the input Mark
This monitor is nice and bright on a sunny day you don't need a hood for it at all but its about the size of a Ipad mini and the older i get the larger i need to see
I just cant see any benefit for drone use besides a extra monitor
1 benefit i can see is the monitor has a solid state hard drive 1TB that is removable and you can record straight from the remote so you can have a great backup of what ever your shooting.
I have been running a X3 and for Xmas i bought a X5 and a person very close to me told me when I  master the X5 i can have this Atomos unit and dropped it on my lap so i have been just racking my brain to figure out how i can use it, If anybody has any kind of ideas what can be done with it i will try it.

here in Michigan its cold and crappy outside so there is little flying i can do so im waiting for my X5 and praying for a warmer day so i can fly
2016-12-28
Use props
fans4f850386
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16076 ft
Norway

You can have a look at this one. http://forum.dji.com/thread-66599-1-1.html
2016-12-28
Use props
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

fans4f850386 Posted at 2016-12-28 09:40
You can have a look at this one. http://forum.dji.com/thread-66599-1-1.html

Thanks Fans
I like the idea of having a second monitor so i can see and correct the color etc...
on sunny days the I-Pad has its limits and when shooting the customer sometimes wants to see whats going on so i have to tilt everything so he can see it and that's a pain sometimes.

now I'm have to come up with some kind of mount
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Inspire flyer Posted at 2016-12-27 23:48

In addition to Mark's answers, the HDMI output quality from the RC is at 720p for your reference.
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules