Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Status Tracking (App Feature Request)
2885 11 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I'm aware of the "live" battery status available in the DJI Go 4 app.  It shows overall voltage, cell voltage, temps, etc.  It also shows how many charge cycles and overall "life" status for the battery installed in the drone when powered on.
However, for someone who has more than one battery (most of us over time), there is no way to quickly see what the status is of all of our batteries.  Canon cameras have a feature where they store the last charge level seen and overall life of the battery when it was last installed in the camera.  This information is available even if the battery is not installed.

So, I have an App Feature Request:  Please include a place in the app to look at battery status when "off-line" (No RC or Mavic connected).  Please display a Serial Number and/or Nickname (for simplifying our personal tracking of each battery like "#1" "Batt 1", etc.), Number of charge cycles, last used date and overall health of the battery the last time it was installed in the drone.  Perhaps even the "discharge time" (1-10 days) for each battery.

This would make it a LOT easier to maintain batteries without neglecting them.  I'd love to be able to pull up the app and see what battery in my inventory needs to be flown most or if one is about to enter a discharge cycle.  Even those in long-term storage could be noted and pulled for a quick flight to maintain them better.  I've invested over $400 in batteries and it would be nice to make them last.  Tracking 5 batteries manually is a royal PITA!

If this exists somewhere in the DJI software and I'm unaware, please let me know.  This should be a DJI app feature... we shouldn't have to subscribe to a thrid-party service for smething so simple.

Thanks in advance!

Gaery
2016-12-26
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Good idea! I number my batteries but its easy to loose track.
2016-12-26
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-26 16:02
Good idea! I number my batteries but its easy to loose track.

Amen!  

I have 1-5, but did I fly 4 last time or 3?  When was that again, anyway?  Oh, I bought # 5 a couple weeks later... do I have the same number of cycles on it?  Etc., etc., etc.  
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That would be great value instead of having to install each battery and powering up to see where that battery stands.
I don't know if it would ever get implemented in the GO app, I would think they would have done it long ago.
2016-12-26
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 16:32
That would be great value instead of having to install each battery and powering up to see where that battery stands.
I don't know if it would ever get implemented in the GO app, I would think they would have done it long ago.

Well, it's always worth asking.  And, given the DJI Go 4 app is for the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 2, perhaps adding it would appeal to the "professionals" as well.  Given that most of them have a dozen batteries or more when they go out to shoot.  It's a feature that could really pay dividends for DJI's customers.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-26 16:35
Well, it's always worth asking.  And, given the DJI Go 4 app is for the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 2, perhaps adding it would appeal to the "professionals" as well.  Given that most of them have a dozen batteries or more when they go out to shoot.  It's a feature that could really pay dividends for DJI's customers.

I've sent a message requesting it, that's all I can do.
Maybe with the SDK, someone will create an app that will so this.
2016-12-26
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 07:41

Thank you sir!
2016-12-27
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

Upload your flight logs to http://healthydrones.com and you'll have all the battery info you need.

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem at all, have a great week.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hypnotist Posted at 2016-12-27 11:42
Upload your flight logs to http://healthydrones.com and you'll have all the battery info you need.

[view_image]

DJI does not rely on 3rd party sites like Healthy Drones, they cannot correctly decode all the data.
Also, they say a major cell deviation is .07, I would call that a minor deviation.
2016-12-27
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

hypnotist Posted at 2016-12-27 13:42

[view_image]

...and as much as  appreciate pointing that out, I don't want to rely (or PAY) for a third-party option.  There is no reason (other than desire to add the feature by DJI) that the option can't be built into the app and sync'd along with all of your flight info.  That way updates to the app will not blow away your battery history.  Of course, if the history is stored in the Intelligent Battery, then there is no fear of losing the history anyway.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans08476c4e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 488881 ft
Malaysia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 15:41

Hey, following up on this, would we see this in DJI Fly anytime soon?
Or what would be the rough ETA?
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules