Assistant 2 behavior, firmware downloads and installation
2489 8 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AGLyons
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47549 ft
United States

As it stands, the Assistant v2 requires the drone be attached to the USB port and turned on in order to download and install. While we are currently in the middle of the xmas season, there are no doubt numerous new drone owners out there.

I am assuming that the incredibly slow speed at which the assistant is currently downloading and installing firmware is caused by the sheer number of downloaders. I have gone through an entire full battery with the mavic sitting on a desk waiting for the new firmware to download. From what I understand, sitting without proper airflow is not the greatest thing in the world for this small bird.

Why not change how the firmware update process is performed in the assistant and have the assistant download the firmware for the registered drones for the account, in the background. WHY does the drone HAVE to be connected the entire time?!?!?
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also use the GO app to download and install the firmware.
2016-12-26
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Yeah. I agree we should be able to download the firmware to our PC first before turning on the drone for upgrade. I hate doing online upgrade as anything could happen half way downloading and need to restart the process again.
2016-12-26
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Funny it only took a couple minutes to download the firmware with Assistant 2, for me. Then the usual times to install to the drone, rc and batteries.
BTW, once the firmware is downloaded once, it doesn't need to be downloaded again for each.
2016-12-26
Use props
fansc8799aff
New
Flight distance : 22559 ft
Brazil

Cannot login to DJI Assistant 2. Can login ok on the website but no way on the App on my Mac. Tried already reset password and sign up with other e-mail. Same behavior... Re-installed the app as well. I get the message as wrong password or e-mail.
2017-1-6
Use props
AGLyons
lvl.2
Canada

fansc8799aff Posted at 2017-1-6 12:44
Cannot login to DJI Assistant 2. Can login ok on the website but no way on the App on my Mac. Tried already reset password and sign up with other e-mail. Same behavior... Re-installed the app as well. I get the message as wrong password or e-mail.

I'd recommend starting a chat session with support or calling the support line. This discussion is regarding a specific function of downloading and applying the available firmware releases.
2017-1-6
Use props
Bellerophon
New
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Germany

fansc8799aff Posted at 2017-1-6 12:44

Exactly the same problem here.
2017-1-8
Use props
AGLyons
lvl.2
Canada

As it happens , there are reports that the occusync of the Mavic interferes with WiFi. I was using my laptop to perform the firmware upgrade with the Mavic right next to it. Of course, powered on. The download took FOREVER most likely due to the WiFi interference.

This situation just points out why it would be better to have Assistant 2 download the firmware it needs and then plug in the Mavic and perform the upgrade.
2017-1-18
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

I don't have any issue logging on, but when I go through the calibration, it locks up at the same point 85% every time. I have let it sit at 85% for hours to no avail. I tried on a different computer and it locked up at 25%. Anyone else finding the same issue?
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules