Service fee for camera mainboard ($273)
1006 2 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067 ft
United States

In last September, my inspire 1 pro had an issue with firmware update (no initiation of the updating process) and it was sent to the repair.
After around 3 weeks, I received it back but couldn't figure out what was wrong and what was done to my Inpire 1 pro. I kept asking to
the repair by email but the emails were just ignored. Anyway, the repair center somehow updated the camera and aircraft.

In Dec, there was another firmware notice and I tried to update. And the same issue occurred again !! (no initiation of the updating process)
Today I received a notice that they are charging $273 for the camera mainboard and the repair service.

My questions are,

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

If the mainboard of the camera was broken, how could I take pictures? (the camera was working perfect just except it didn't initiate the
update process)

I think if it was repaired properly in September (which was before 1 year warranty expired), the same issue woudn't have occurred again.
Just in case any DJI staff can mention about this, the case no for Dec was CAS-369816-Q3X9V4 and another one for Sep was CAS-229974-C2X3R5.

Any thoughts?

2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

From what I can see, CAS-369816-Q3X9V4 is actually a warranty repair. It looks like you received an invoice in error, so you can disregard it. As for how you could still have the camera perform basic functions but not update, it could have been an intermittent data communication problem from that end. During your September RMA, the repair technicians were able to upgrade the unit without issue, so nothing was replaced at that point. Replacing the camera main board now would address this once and for all.

The North American facility was closed for the last couple of days during the holiday season, your repair is moving forward as of Today. You'll be up and running again soon.
2016-12-26
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067 ft
United States

A staff member in the repair center just called me and explained what happened. Thank you for the quick response..!
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules