Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 iOS vs Android
3418 12 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

I found it very confusing to work out some options when they are only available for iOS and not for Android.
Where can if find the differences between both OS.
Exemple  I'm trying to found out how to enable  AF on Android but I don't even know if it's available.
A List of differences will be very handy.
2016-12-26
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

good question
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Jeromeo, you could enable MF in general settings.
Then you can select AF or MF. Please refer to the screenshot. AF.png
2016-12-27
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 18:25
Hello Jeromeo, you could enable MF in general settings.
Then you can select AF or MF. Please refer to the screenshot.[view_image]

Thanks Mindy but t is not continuous focus it's just tap to focus.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-12-28 14:22
Thanks Mindy but t is not continuous focus it's just tap to focus.

It's continuous focus when you disable manual focusing.
2016-12-27
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Subscribing.  I'll have to double check tomorrow but I don't think it works that way for me.
2016-12-27
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Right from the beginning autofocus has been default setting, being activated via tap-to-focus. From DJI Go 4 version 4.0.1 the AF mode has been changed to a kind of (semi-)continuous mode where camera periodically re-focus if the it thinks it's relevant/necessary. The re-focusing apparently cannot be turned off unless you switch to completely Manual mode.

So the so called "continuous AF" is really a periodically re-focusing, and you probably has it enabled already if you are using latest version of the DJI Go 4 app. As far as I know, it is not a feature of the alternative/older DJI Go app.

2016-12-28
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-28 00:23
Right from the beginning autofocus has been default setting, being activated via tap-to-focus. From DJI Go 4 version 4.0.1 the AF mode has been changed to a kind of (semi-)continuous mode where camera periodically re-focus if the it thinks it's relevant/necessary. The re-focusing apparently cannot be turned off unless you switch to completely Manual mode.

So the so called "continuous AF" is really a periodically re-focusing, and you probably has it enabled already if you are using latest version of the DJI Go 4 app. As far as I know, it is not a feature of the alternative DJI Go app.

Right, but I didn't think the Android version of the app had this continuous AF.  I also don't think it was ever mentioned as an addition in the app update log.  That's why I was surprised by Mindy's comments.
2016-12-28
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-28 09:33
Right, but I didn't think the Android version of the app had this continuous AF.  I also don't think it was ever mentioned as an addition in the app update log.  That's why I was surprised by Mindy's comments.

From what I hear people's experience with the C-AF is very different. Some can fly a full battery without any re-focusing, some have it very regularly.

I'm also yet to try the 4.0.1 app myself. Maybe I get the change today or tomorrow. But no matter if often or seldom, I know I wont be feeling comfortable with any risk of re-focusing without my permission.

It was not on the changelog either when introduced on iOS.
2016-12-28
Use props
Burkhard
New

Germany

I found, that it is not possible do calibrate the compass via android. There comes only the hint in the menu to restart to Mavic or to calibrate the compass. But there ist no way to calibrate.
2017-1-1
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i have android , on go 4, and i can activate the compass calibration at any time !  so it sounds strange,  left top menu ( Flight mode) click it, it should have a full drop down, telling you the condition of your machine ! and i am sure it was in there, giving me the choice to activate compass calibration.
2017-1-1
Use props
Burkhard
New

Germany

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-1 12:34
i have android , on go 4, and i can activate the compass calibration at any time !  so it sounds strange,  left top menu ( Flight mode) click it, it should have a full drop down, telling you the condition of your machine ! and i am sure it was in there, giving me the choice to activate compass calibration.

Thanks for the info. I willt try dji go 4 tomorrow, I only tryed dji go right now.
Burkhard
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-1 12:34

I have just encountered this problem on compass calibration. On my Samsung everything was fine for a year, calibration drop down menu tab for calibration worked fine. With latest Android app update now the tab is there but not functioning??? I have been after DJI for going on 2 months now and problem not resolved, this is on both my Inspire 2 and Phantom 4. DJI said it had to be my drones that were the problem and to send them in for test, I then went to an apple store and they let me load the IOS app and it worked fine on the Ipad. It is DJI's Android app problem
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules