Note 4 restarts, android 6.0.1, mavic up to date
878 8 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

title says it. everything is up to date but my phone reboots at random times (but always during flights). I have had 3 reboots today with no use of the go app. I removed the app for 3 days, no reboots, no hot phone.

everything is up to date. even the release from today (12-26)  
2016-12-26
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

I have a note 4 but android version 5.1.1 and haven't had this issue.I also put it in airplane mode and I make sure to close out of apps running in the background.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try the advice as above.
Besides, if convenient, please try to reset your device to factory then install the latest DJI GO app.
2016-12-27
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 11:58
Please try the advice as above.
Besides, if convenient, please try to reset your device to factory then install the latest DJI GO app.

You can´t be serious with THIS advice ..............    You know what it means to completely setup a smartphone which is used NOT ONLY for flying the MAVIC ? Takes a day for new setup only to maybe find out that not the phone is the problem but the DJI GO app ...............  
2016-12-27
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

Dji mindy, that advice is not practical or realistic.
2016-12-27
Use props
PaulMV
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just updated my phone to the newest version (Note 4) and now the app REBOOTS my phone every time i go to use it..... VERY FRUSTRATING. ugh.
2017-2-3
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

does the app run for a few minutes and then crash or does it crash as soon as it opens?
2017-2-3
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

note 4 latest updates i have no issues at all besides the battery life being horrendous
2017-2-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

From my own experience, I found that the app would constantly crash when opening it as soon as the Controller and Mavic were turned on. I got around this my making sure the phone was held in portrait until the app was loaded. I then had a couple of app crashes while flying so now I have disabled screen rotation and so far no more problems. Not sure if this is the fix but there are lots of others with the same problems. The only downside to this is that the view on my phone (not sure if this happens to others) no longer goes all the way from one side to the other. It now has a margin on either side but I will put up with this so long as the app stops crashing while I am flying. These pointers have come from other users with the problem. We are all hoping DJI fix the app.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules