Questions re GO app 4.01 Android
1881 7 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

In General Settings there is a setting called Enable MF which is an On/Off slider. Is this for Manual Focus? Because if this is set to off, you can still change to manual focus.

In Visual Navigation Settings the Display Radar Map is greyed out so I can't turn it on. Why is that?

In HD Settings the setting Switch to HD Mode only has the opeions of 720 or 1080. If I set it to 1080, I cannot access 4K video. So it has to be set to 720 to access 4K. Why is that?

In the Remote Controller Settings and the 5D toggle, if Up is set for Camera Forward/Down, when I touch the toggle up, the camera goes all the way down. There is nothing inbetween. I would have though that it would have moved in steps. This is useless like that. Is there another way to very gradually pan the camera down?

Would really appreciate help on these.
2016-12-26
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Hi.  I think I can help with your last question but will defer to others on the other question.  Regarding your last question, the purpose of this action is to quickly move the camera from forward to down and back.  This is useful when flying to get your bearings and more for flying instead of filming.  There is a scroll wheel on the left side where your index finger would be that controls the tilt of the gimbal for filming purposes and this movement can be adjusted.
2016-12-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-27 17:19
Hi.  I think I can help with your last question but will defer to others on the other question.  Regarding your last question, the purpose of this action is to quickly move the camera from forward to down and back.  This is useful when flying to get your bearings and more for flying instead of filming.  There is a scroll wheel on the left side where your index finger would be that controls the tilt of the gimbal for filming purposes and this movement can be adjusted.

Thanks for answering that last one but could you also tell me how to adjust the movement of the gimbal as I have looked at numerous threads and videos and I don't seem to have the settings they are referring to. I am on Android 4.01 and latest firmware.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-27 00:19

The MF slider on/off in the off position will not not you choose MF and bring up the focusing adjustment. It's working that way on IOS, I don't have an Android but can have someone test tomorrow.
Visual Nav Settings, for IOS it doesn't display the radar map on a phone but does on a tablet. If your using a phone that may be why.
And you cannot use 4k frame rates and have 1080 HD image transmission, you can only use 720.
Also, when in lower resolutions if you go a very far distance the image transmission may switch to 720. It's a hardware limitation.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-27 00:19

The MF slider on/off in the off position will not not you choose MF and bring up the focusing adjustment. It's working that way on IOS, I don't have an Android but can have someone test tomorrow.
Visual Nav Settings, for IOS it doesn't display the radar map on a phone but does on a tablet. If your using a phone that may be why.
And you cannot use 4k frame rates and have 1080 HD image transmission, you can only use 720.
Also, when in lower resolutions if you go a very far distance the image transmission may switch to 720. It's a hardware limitation.
And Camera Forward/Down set to either the 5D, C1 or C2 is a full travel adjustment with each press so you can quickly move the gimbal back to level or facing down so it is a very useful feature.
You asked about gradually pan the camera down (it's tilt, pan is the horizontal movement). And that's what the gimbal tilt scroll wheel is for on the top left of the RC. And that speed is also adjustable from the app.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-12-27 16:02
Thanks for answering that last one but could you also tell me how to adjust the movement of the gimbal as I have looked at numerous threads and videos and I don't seem to have the settings they are referring to. I am on Android 4.01 and latest firmware.

It's listed in several pages of the manual.
Page 9, 32, 39.
You said you searched numerous threads and videos on how to move the gimbal. Best reference material to find answers, first look at the manual.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.2.pdf
2016-12-27
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-28 10:04
It's listed in several pages of the manual.
Page 9, 32, 39.
You said you searched numerous threads and videos on how to move the gimbal. Best reference material to find answers, first look at the manual.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20161226/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf

There are numerous users having problems with the gimbal moving too fast or trying to pan the drone slower. The problem is that everyone seems to have different settings.The problem most have is that there is no DJI Go manual to explain what the settings are for.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 48&page=1#pid619931
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-12-28 12:36
There are numerous users having problems with the gimbal moving too fast or trying to pan the drone slower. The problem is that everyone seems to have different settings.The problem most have is that there is no DJI Go manual to explain what the settings are for.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 48&page=1#pid619931

It just takes some learning and doing research to see what each function adjusts.
Yes, it would be nice if there was a DJI tutorial explaining each setting but there is not so let the internet be your friend. There are many videos on YouTube that explains all these setting.
I will post a reply to your question in the other thread you posted the questions.You also have to experiment with different setting and adjust to your liking.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules