Using nvidia shield K1, a thought and a question!
997 4 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I've been thinking about this quite bait but have yet to test it,,, we all who use the nvidia shield K1 for PVV know
That it can be done and we get full screen from the tablet,,, nvidia sell's a remote that has mouse and select functions
Right!?? Well can this mouse since it's on the mirrored screen control function on screen through the goggles???
This would be fantastic and eliminate having to raise the goggles to check and select items we'd like to select
Without having to stop raise the goggles select ,,,,,say tap fly, or point of interest etc..... is this understandable???
Then our spotter would be able to watch for upper obstacles and sides,,,,, I haven't tried this yet but checking into the remotes to do this there are several fairly cheep
Under 15 bucks nvidia naturally higher being 49 us,,, but it'll have a cursor you can move an a button to select???
What's everyone's thoughts on this???
2016-12-26
Use props
C-123 & C-130 G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

My feeling is that due to the frequent crashes that DJI GO app has with the Nvidia Shield K, it is unsafe to use flying the Mavic. It may be mostly my own experience and not that of others but it crashes on every flight but my iPad and iOS Go app perform flawlessly. This is hugely disappointing because I bought the shield for its HDMI output to support my Glyph goggles.
2016-12-26
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

C-123 & C-130 G Posted at 2016-12-27 12:43
My feeling is that due to the frequent crashes that DJI GO app has with the Nvidia Shield K, it is unsafe to use flying the Mavic. It may be mostly my own experience and not that of others but it crashes on every flight but my iPad and iOS Go app perform flawlessly. This is hugely disappointing because I bought the shield for its HDMI output to support my Glyph goggles.

Yes that's the reason I did, but I've also heard a lot of people saying the opposite, my first nvidia worked very well, I'm waiting on a second now as my granddaughter got ahold of it,,,, I'm really hoping that the new go app for android is better though!!!, my main control is with my iPhone 6+ and mini iPad, but like you I need the FPV! LoL
2016-12-26
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
Spain

My k1 shield has been flawless with yuneec goggles. Not one app crash.
2016-12-27
Use props
Scoobydude
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Touch wood my nvidia k1 has been rock solid with my mavic, no issues hear buddy
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules