Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone else have a flawless firmware upgrade experience?
1050 14 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freaze
lvl.2
United States

I bought a P4 recently. Before I opened it, I wanted to do some research on operating, mods, etc. I decided to lurk the DJI forums to get a feel for what quirks were to come and was not disappointed. By RTFM and checking vigorously thru the forums, I flawlessly upgraded my device, booted her up and sent her on the first flight with zero issues.  Thank you DJI and thank you community for sharing your knowledge. I recommend anyone looking to purchase a drone to always look into the forums and always read the manual! Has anyone else had a positive experience out of the box?
2016-12-26
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, RTFM and then RTFM again....easy!
2016-12-27
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Absolutely no issues for me either!
2016-12-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Plus 1. But there's another thread on this...
2016-12-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

No problems.
2016-12-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Freaze,

Yes, the P4 has been the nicest model that I have used yet, firmware included.  All the problems I have had were not due to anything DJI was responsible for.  I had a RTH problem once but I think it was from when I loaned it to a friend.  Using the Assistant 2 has been very easy.

You have definitely shown that the common sense approach, particularly RTFM, along with lurking the Forum works.  Happy flying!  Stay safe.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-27
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Phantom 4 new in August this year. Watched all the videos, read the user manual a couple of time. Zero issues, updates have all works flawlessly.
2016-12-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

No problems. I am holding off on the latest upgrades at this moment but did an upgrade out of the box with no problems.  P3A
2016-12-27
Use props
trenken
lvl.1

United States

The only issue I had was how slowwwwww it was. It said the update was 75mb, but it took me a good hour. No clue why, my internet connection was fine, but it didnt fail or anything so it worked out fine.
2016-12-27
Use props
brunobaptista
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369839 ft
Brazil

Everything was always flawless with me. Including the 1.8 RC firmware which I am using since it was launched.
2016-12-27
Use props
Freaze
lvl.2
United States

Good to hear I'm not the only one. There seems to be a lot of problems going on within the forums, however I feel most of the issues people are having are user error.
2016-12-27
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Freaze:

No update/firmware issues here. One issue using DJI Assistant, but latest software update resolved that. All RC and AC firmware updates went smoothly, even the battery updates.

"Presearch" is key.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-27
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491988 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, first ever drone and faultless so far. Firmware upgrades no issue and flying straight away.
2016-12-27
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

My P4 is flawless with everything. I'm very happy with it.
2016-12-27
Use props
Mikey B
lvl.2
United States

Excellent comment, being a new UAV operator, doing the same, and purchasing a $100 one before a P4. Knock on wood, but having spent my career teaching high risk sports to college students that don't RTFM, and wonder why the thing crashed. Thanks Beginner   
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules