Facing the sun always gives me OA Issuse!!!
784 4 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Every time I fly and turn towards the sun my obstacle avoidance kicks in and brings me to a standstill,,,,, I know I could turn it off but that defeats the purpose of it,,, is there anyway
I can adjust this to be able to fly without this happening every time? I've seen a guy make some blinders for the front cameras which worked quite well but looked pretty ugly,( sorry if he reads this LoL)
But there's gotta be something else that i can do to stop getting ruined video because of this,  I usually have to back up the try and go forward quickly to stop it or just turn away form the sun??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2016-12-26
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry Chazzm - happens with all DJI drones  that have OA. You'll just have to live with it
2016-12-26
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

my friend with the phantom 4 says he does not have this problem.  I do with my mavic.
2016-12-29
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

I don't have this problem with either my P4, or myP4p either??? So I don't believe that!
2016-12-29
Use props
Signull
lvl.1

United States

Same. P4 sensor network could handle flying into the sun or having it in part of the frame. P4Pro has issues and fires alerts when it sees the sun.

Very annoying to say the least. Seeing posts like this also help me understand why my OA failed on a flight while flying in reverse. Drone could not distinguish between sun and branches of a fir tree. Tree almost ate my drone; I luckily was able to saw my way out with the blades and regain flight controls to fly back home.
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules