Mavic pro randomly tries to return to home.
2890 20 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raja the Mighty
lvl.1
United States

I don't initiate the return to home but it says on the screen that the mavic will return to home in however many seconds & then I have to cancel the return. This happens quite often & don't know why it is happening.
2016-12-26
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I"m sure the moderators will ask so I'll just jump in and as as well, can you provide any more information about when this happens, what you are doing, the environment your are flying in, any video or logs.  The will definitely want you to sync your logs and upload them to a dropbox link.  Any screenshots can also be helpful.  

What is the battery level when this happens?
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you capture some screenshot when it says return to home? Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
2016-12-27
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

any update?
2016-12-27
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

Maybe you've set the low battery warning too high?
But yeah... some logs would help..
2016-12-27
Use props
fanse3be4122
lvl.1
Italy

I've the same problem, any solution found?
2017-7-26
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fanse3be4122 Posted at 2017-7-26 04:05

I'm not aware of any solution because I've never seen a case where a Mavic spontaneously ("randomly") initiated RTH. There's always been a reason for it, whether it's because the user requested it, because of a low battery, or -- most commonly -- due to a loss of connection between the drone and controller.

If you'd like to find out why it happened in your case then retrieve the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device and upload it to PhantomHelp using these instructions, after which you can post a link to the uploaded log in this thread.
2017-7-26
Use props
fanse3be4122
lvl.1
Italy

THIS IS THE LINK TO THE LOG:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SL9GPFH1NX35O42S9UQK/
2017-7-30
Use props
fanse3be4122
lvl.1
Italy

Another log, same problem after one minute, two minute and four minute:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SL9GPFH1NX35O42S9UQK/
2017-7-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

sometimes i push buttons by mistake on my RC - u not perhaps pushing the RTH button on the RC by mistake. Or maybe a poor cable/usb connection between RC and devise or critical battery warning set to high?
2017-7-30
Use props
fanse3be4122
lvl.1
Italy

No mistake, the RTH initiate four/five/six time in a row after manually cancel it... see the log
2017-7-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm not sure exactly what specific error "Other (9)" represents, but it appears likely to be caused by some sort of compass error, and it appears that you should have seen warnings in the app before takeoff. What I do know is that the log shows that you took off despite being in ATTI mode and that the Mavic overcame the initial compass problem once it got off the ground, but in the meantime there was some yawing that wasn't caused by stick input.

I do also see six times where it initiated RTH and I can't really explain why that occurred if you didn't request it, but I suspect it's related to the problems that I mentioned above. Be sure your Mavic is well away from any metals or other source of magnetic interference before taking off and I doubt you'll see the RTH problem again.
2017-7-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

fanse3be4122 Posted at 2017-7-30 11:36
No mistake, the RTH initiate four/five/six time in a row after manually cancel it... see the log

Hi fans3be4122 - so i looked at yr log, my first ever, here's what i thought.
seems to be 2 issues at first - 1st is the warning zone, i do not think this restricted you.
2nd is a compass interferance issue - if the pier you launched from has metal in its construction, this will likely have caused the compass interferance issue.
Satelites look good but at first you are flying in ATTI mode and i think  Other (9) error relates to this.
Trying to be brief it looks to me like this:
Before take off your compass had not 'set ' itself due to apparent local interference.
Satelites were sufficient but you were in ATTI on take off not GPS mode - this possibly because you took off too fast (i do not mean at high speed but rather that you took off before gps mode properly kicked in - this always takes a bit of time and will be indicated with a green notice top left of screen).
Perhaps GPS mode was taking long to kick in because the magnetic interferance was freaking the system out.
Try these steps before take off:
Only take off when the app says it is safe to do so -It will literally say something like "it is safe to launch" (i think) - by this time the red notice bar (top left of screen) will have turned green.
Only at this point has the drone done and completed its nesessary calibrations and satelite connections and only then is it safe to take off.
Metal in close proximity to launch pad (eg, next to motor car, on concrete droveway with reinforcing bar, a metal table etc) these will all interfere with compass calibration - you must move to another spot.
Only take off when the app says it is safe to do so - it is not a long wait typically. if it is taking long then there is a problem and you must identify and remedy that situation first - good luck
2017-7-30
Use props
fanse3be4122
lvl.1
Italy

I try in a few days with your suggestion, and I'll leave feedback as soon as I can
2017-7-31
Use props
fanse3be4122
lvl.1
Italy

Another log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IHLNFAT9DTEDD0DZZP1R/
This time RTH start after 2m20s, in P-GPS mode, no warning before...And after 4m40s, start three times, always in P-GPS mode...
I'm very sad about the situation, Mavic is buggy...
2017-8-1
Use props
fanse986e4ee
New
Flight distance : 58104 ft
South Africa

Same happened to me yesterday. Took off after RTH set but was flying about 20-30m above our flight hangers when I got a rth messgae, but not the normal pop up with slide to accept.

It went away after a few seconds. I think it was due to the fact that the hangers have a lot of metal and it interferes with the compasses.

Could be why your drone did the same.

I will check at another area and see if it still does the same.
2017-10-18
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

fanse986e4ee Posted at 2017-10-18 21:37
Same happened to me yesterday. Took off after RTH set but was flying about 20-30m above our flight hangers when I got a rth messgae, but not the normal pop up with slide to accept.

It went away after a few seconds. I think it was due to the fact that the hangers have a lot of metal and it interferes with the compasses.

That would have zero to do with RTH.  
2017-10-18
Use props
fansfcafe69b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13970 ft

I’m having the same problem I’ve just  flown mine on Wi-Fi  and it was fine so must be my controller ?
2018-3-30
Use props
Alberts 123
New

Latvia

fanse3be4122 Posted at 2017-7-26 04:05

it might be that your homebutton is pressed not by you, but if you have apened the controller or the factory made  a bad product the button my be pressed automatically or the switch on the board is broken you would have to open the controller and check if the return to home button function
2021-5-7
Use props
Alberts 123
New

Latvia

fansfcafe69b Posted at 2018-3-30 01:43
I’m having the same problem I’ve just  flown mine on Wi-Fi  and it was fine so must be my controller ?

it might be that your homebutton is pressed not by you, but if you have apened the controller or the factory made  a bad product the button my be pressed automatically or the switch on the board is broken you would have to open the controller and check if the return to home button function
2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Alberts 123 Posted at 5-7 23:30

Hi,

Do you realize that you react on a question asked in 2917 & 2018 ??

cheers
JJB
2021-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules