Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
reorder - gimbal clamp
1249 14 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zolima
lvl.1

Austria

Hi,
I already managed to lose the gimbal clamp. Is there a way to reorder that thing? In the shop there is just the bubble.
How imminent is the danger of damage if I transport the Mavic without that thing?
Thank you in advance!
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello zolima, maybe you could try to contact a local reseller first. If no help, you could get in touch with our tech support at support.eu@dji.com.
2016-12-28
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 01:25
Hello zolima, maybe you could try to contact a local reseller first. If no help, you could get in touch with our tech support at .

That is a good question.  I'd read somewhere that it wasn't required after original shipping, but I'd like an expert to confirm that.  By gimbal clamp you're referring to the clear plastic piece that holds the gimbal in place during transport.  I'd been putting mine back in, and I almost always forgot to take it out before powering up the craft, so I just stopped putting it back in.  

Worst case scenario is if you can't purchase one from DJI, find someone with one still intact, have them 3d scan it and then 3d print it.  

I'm keeping it so if I take the mavic on an airline the gimbal has the added protection during transit.   Those luggage handlers can be somewhat less than gentle.
2016-12-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2016-12-30 07:14
That is a good question.  I'd read somewhere that it wasn't required after original shipping, but I'd like an expert to confirm that.  By gimbal clamp you're referring to the clear plastic piece that holds the gimbal in place during transport.  I'd been putting mine back in, and I almost always forgot to take it out before powering up the craft, so I just stopped putting it back in.  

Worst case scenario is if you can't purchase one from DJI, find someone with one still intact, have them 3d scan it and then 3d print it.  

Luggage Handlers should not be handling you Mavic unless you are carrying your batteries separate from your Mavic as Lithium batteries should be carry on only and not in checked baggage.
2016-12-30
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-30 08:13
Luggage Handlers should not be handling you Mavic unless you are carrying your batteries separate from your Mavic as Lithium batteries should be carry on only and not in checked baggage.

Cool, never thought of that.  I've got a pelican case for transport, but I hadn't thought about the battery handling requirements.  Thanks for the info.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2016-12-30 07:14

You should use the clamp and cover when not in use.
I would think they will become available in the store at a future date.
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 9.25.26 AM.png
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-30 08:13

This is true, I would not put the Mavic in checked luggage.
2016-12-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2016-12-30 08:24
Cool, never thought of that.  I've got a pelican case for transport, but I hadn't thought about the battery handling requirements.  Thanks for the info.

Nice, Pelican case's are great! I would recommend a Pelican 1510 or smaller so you are able to carry on.
2016-12-30
Use props
Snaver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United States

DJI-Ken
Any idea, if, or when DJI will offer a replacement Gimble Clamp?
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Snaver Posted at 2017-3-15 06:53
DJI-Ken
Any idea, if, or when DJI will offer a replacement Gimble Clamp?

Not that I've heard of.
It would be nice though in case you lose it.
2017-3-15
Use props
dbsanders
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450338 ft
United States

I always feel like I'm doing more damage trying to get that clamp on than just leaving it off. It takes me about 5 tries to get it to click into place!
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This is also an option if your clamp was lost or damaged.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans6802477f
New
Flight distance : 10020 ft
United Kingdom

I have noticed that the gimbal clamp supplied with my Mavic does not hold the gimbal firmly in place so whilst it is being transported, the gimbal is shaking. Have Dji changed the design of the gimbal?
The Dji supplied case to transport the Mavic is useless to say the least ! With the Mavic facedown in the case, the gimbal works itself loose. Sort it out DJi !
2017-3-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans6802477f Posted at 2017-3-16 14:07
I have noticed that the gimbal clamp supplied with my Mavic does not hold the gimbal firmly in place so whilst it is being transported, the gimbal is shaking. Have Dji changed the design of the gimbal?
The Dji supplied case to transport the Mavic is useless to say the least ! With the Mavic facedown in the case, the gimbal works itself loose. Sort it out DJi !

The DJI-supplied clamp does hold the gimbal firmly in place for me; are you sure you have it installed correctly?
2017-3-16
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

below is the response about purchasing a new replacement gimbal clamp from DGI:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calvin (DJI)
Mar 16, 15:31 CST
Dear customer,
I am sorry this is the free gift come in the box and doesn't available for sale.
Please try to contact the local dealers to see weather or not have this part for sale.
Thanks.
Best regards
DJI Online Store

Cherry (DJI)
Mar 15, 14:42 CST
Dear Rick,
Thank you for emailing DJI online store.
Since the customer service agent in charge of your case is not at work today,
your email has been forwarded to him/her accordingly.
He or she will respond you as soon as being back to work.
Your kind patience is much appreciated.
Best Regards
DJI Online Store
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules