DJI Care Vs DJI Care Refresh
14790 12 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SureshR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354 ft
United States

can someone enlighten me on the difference between DJI care and DJI Care refresh coverage. I understand DJI Care Refresh covers Phantom 4 PRO only. If I purchase a Phantom 4 PRO with the DJI care refresh, am i fully covered on the equipment or i need to buy any additional coverage? Please advice.

Thanks
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello SureshR, if you purchase DJI care refresh, you only need to pay a small additional charge to get a replacement units instead of pay for the repair fee.
But you still can choose to pay for the repair fee.
As for DJI care, if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by DJI.
For further information, please refer to below link:
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh
2016-12-28
Use props
SureshR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354 ft
United States

Thank you!
2017-1-3
Use props
jimbolaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170325 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 03:34
Hello SureshR, if you purchase DJI care refresh, you only need to pay a small additional charge to get a replacement units instead of pay for the repair fee.
But you still can choose to pay for the repair fee.
As for DJI care, if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by DJI.

Hi,

I've just purchased a new DJI Mavic Pro aircraft (only aircraft because I've still got RC etc. after I lost my Mavic).

Now I'd like to get a Protection Plan and I'm also trying to find out the difference betwen the "DJI Care" and "DJI Care Refresh".

Comparing the content behind the two links you've provided confuses me - because to me both (DJI Care and DJI Care Refresh) seem to be the same and I cannot find any details on "DJI Care".

Can you please enlighten me? What is the difference between both plans? Or is there only one plan?

Regards, Jan
2017-8-20
Use props
jimbolaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170325 ft
Germany

P.S.

For the Mavic I cannot find "DJI Care" here:
https://store.dji.com/de/category/1-year-plan
However I can find "DJI Care Refresh" for the Mavic here:
https://store.dji.com/de/shop/service

What are the differnces and why don't you offer "DJI Care" for Mavic?

Regards, Jan
2017-8-20
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

For those in the US get insurance through State Farm. Its $60 a year and it is so much better than what dji offers. My p4 crashed and I had a $1600 check within the week. I actually made money on the deal. I didnt have to send in any logs or video or anything. I filed a claim online, the adjuster called the next morning, I told them what happened and I had a check 5 days later. My old p4 is still out in the swamp where it crashed. With dji's plan you have to send them the crashed drone. If its lost, stolen, or crashed over water that $200 dji plan is useless. For $60 you can get a much better plan. My new p4 is also covered under that same plan. I didnt have to pay a dime to insure my new p4. There just isnt a better plan out there and I cat attest to the fact that State Farm does pay off when you need it.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jimbolaya Posted at 2017-8-20 05:13
P.S.

For the Mavic I cannot find "DJI Care" here:

They are different.
DJI Care is previous Protection Plan which is only available for Phantom 3 series, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 series products. Repair costs will automatically be deducted from your DJI Care coverage amount. No additional payment is required.

DJI Care Refresh is available for Mavic Pro and Spark, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Phantom 3 SE, Inspire 2, Zenmuse X4S and X5S.
If damage occurs accidentally to your product under normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested.
2017-8-21
Use props
fans64a5149d
New
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-20 06:27
For those in the US get insurance through State Farm. Its $60 a year and it is so much better than what dji offers. My p4 crashed and I had a $1600 check within the week. I actually made money on the deal. I didnt have to send in any logs or video or anything. I filed a claim online, the adjuster called the next morning, I told them what happened and I had a check 5 days later. My old p4 is still out in the swamp where it crashed. With dji's plan you have to send them the crashed drone. If its lost, stolen, or crashed over water that $200 dji plan is useless. For $60 you can get a much better plan. My new p4 is also covered under that same plan. I didnt have to pay a dime to insure my new p4. There just isnt a better plan out there and I cat attest to the fact that State Farm does pay off when you need it.

I called State Farm today (in California) and was told they do not cover drones??... I told them that I read about it all over the place and they, quite rudely, disagreed. Where in the US did you do this?
2017-8-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-20 06:27

Duc
Can you provide some more detail on this please?
Is it a rider on your current policies?  If not, and it's a separate plan what is it called?  Can you check with your agent to see if it offered in all states etc.?
Thanks
2017-8-28
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-28 18:30
Duc
Can you provide some more detail on this please?
Is it a rider on your current policies?  If not, and it's a separate plan what is it called?  Can you check with your agent to see if it offered in all states etc.?

No it is a stand alone personal articles policy. It is the only policy I have through State Farm. Its $60 a year and its already paid off for me. My p4 crashed and I filed a claim and had a check within the week. You have tell them you want a personal articles policy that covers all types of different items including drones. One thing to make note of though is that the policy is not for commercial operators. It is for hobbyists only.
2017-9-3
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans64a5149d Posted at 2017-8-28 18:05
I called State Farm today (in California) and was told they do not cover drones??... I told them that I read about it all over the place and they, quite rudely, disagreed. Where in the US did you do this?

I dont think they offer the policy in California. Its a personal articles policy. Its not specifically for drones but it does cover drones.
2017-9-3
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-9-3 09:37
No it is a stand alone personal articles policy. It is the only policy I have through State Farm. Its $60 a year and its already paid off for me. My p4 crashed and I filed a claim and had a check within the week. You have tell them you want a personal articles policy that covers all types of different items including drones. One thing to make note of though is that the policy is not for commercial operators. It is for hobbyists only.

Got it
I'll be checking in to this, I just used one of my two replacements with care refresh.  Looks like I may need something more than that will provide.
Thanks
2017-9-6
Use props
Dan Sanchez
lvl.1
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-9-3 09:37
No it is a stand alone personal articles policy. It is the only policy I have through State Farm. Its $60 a year and its already paid off for me. My p4 crashed and I filed a claim and had a check within the week. You have tell them you want a personal articles policy that covers all types of different items including drones. One thing to make note of though is that the policy is not for commercial operators. It is for hobbyists only.

Emailed State Farm this morning to cover my new drone, great info, thanks!!
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules