Remote Control Encryption Error **RESOLVED**
2901 5 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OCGFarrell
lvl.1

United States

I've just started using my brand new (Christmas) Phantom 4 Pro. Upon first uboxing and turning it on I went through the firmware upgrade process and everything seemed to be working fine. I flew the unit a couple of times then about the third time I powered up the remote the red LED was flasshing and I was receiving a beeping alarm with an error in the app of "Remote Control Encryption Error."

I attempted cycling power on both units a couple of times, but the same error and alarm occurs. Other than the beeping and blinking red LED I was able to operate the drone and everything worked fine but I can not resolve the encryption error.

I've attemped downgrading and re upgrading to the current firmware and software (IOS App, 4.0.2; Aircraft v 01.01.0203; Remote Controller v 1.03.00.00) but still receive the "Remote Control Encryption Error." Any suggestions before I attempt to return the unit?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please post a screenshot about the error message here?
Maybe there is something wrong with the remote, since you have done the basic troubleshooting, I do suggest you send it in for further evaluation.
2016-12-28
Use props
OCGFarrell
lvl.1

United States

Here is a screen shot of the error. When this error occurs there is a repetitive beep from the remote and the red flashing status LED.

RC Entry Error 12.28.16 GF

RC Entry Error 12.28.16 GF

This occurs whether the aircraft is on or off and regardless of the power up sequence of aircraft, remote or app.

2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OCGFarrell Posted at 2016-12-29 00:28
Here is a screen shot of the error. When this error occurs there is a repetitive beep from the remote and the red flashing status LED.[view_image]
This occurs whether the aircraft is on or off and regardless of the power up sequence of aircraft, remote or app.

Thank you very much for the info, the controller needs to be sent in for evaluation and our engineers will take care of your case.
You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Please let me know your case number as well, thanks in advance!
2016-12-28
Use props
OCGFarrell
lvl.1

United States

I shipped the complete kit back to the distributor (www.drone-world.com) that I purchased the unit from a couple of days ago. I have let them know that DJI would like the remote back so maybe if you guys would like to connect with them if you'd like to track that remote down, you are welcome to. I have been working with their Operations Manager, Brennan Miller who would be best to connect with. Thanks.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OCGFarrell Posted at 2016-12-30 12:16
I shipped the complete kit back to the distributor (www.drone-world.com) that I purchased the unit from a couple of days ago. I have let them know that DJI would like the remote back so maybe if you guys would like to connect with them if you'd like to track that remote down, you are welcome to. I have been working with their Operations Manager, Brennan Miller who would be best to connect with. Thanks.

Thanks for your update, please enjoy the new unit and hop you have great experiences!
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules