DJI GO + DJI GO 4 = not working together on the same phone!!
4972 30 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

I am unable to use DJI OSMO when DJI GO 4 app for my DJI MAVIC is also installed on the same phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). When I uninstall GO 4 app, everything works as usual.

DJI GO: 3.1.1
DJI GO 4: 4.0.1
Samsung Galaxy S7: Android 6.0.1 (latest stable)

Check the recorded screen of my phone:

2016-12-27
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Anyone experiencing the same issue? DJI?
2016-12-28
Use props
fans159e7cdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1006089 ft
Austria

Hallo Lukas, my name is Andi. I am also using for my Phantom P4P the GO App 4.0.1. und my S7 Edge, Android 6.0.1. And now I am looking for the Osmo Mobile... my question: is the Osmo GO 3.0.1 App now working with the S7 ? Including all the features for the GO 3.0.1 App and of course 4k ?
Thanx for answer and best regards - Andi
2016-12-28
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Hello Andi. Unfortunately I am not talking about Osmo Mobile, but Osmo (X3). As I heard, Osmo Mobile is now supporting 4K through DJI GO app, but still not 60 fps.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans159e7cdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1006089 ft
Austria

Ok Lukas, thank you very much for your quick answer and wish you the very best for 2017.
Best regards from Austria - andi
2016-12-28
Use props
fansceb744b5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi LukasBlecha, I have the same problem than you.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, and Osmo X3. I have intalled Dji go 4 and 3.1.1 , and have the exact same problem than you.

I was thinking than my osmo could be wifi module broken, but i not test to unistall the dji go4.
2016-12-29
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Seems some issue on Galaxy S7 when installed both apps. Please, DJI, any help?
2016-12-29
Use props
fansff9840f1
New

Netherlands

Hi there,
I have exactly the same problem here.
Oneplus One with both the DJI Go and Go4 app for my drone.
Thought it was the phone but on a other phone with only DJI Go it worked.......

Hoping for DJI to solve this problem..........
2016-12-30
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Need update from DJI!
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, this is a known issue. You need to close an app completely (force stop in the setting) before you use another
2017-1-3
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI-Thor: Of course app is closed completely (forced to close in the settings). Problems is when BOTH APPS ARE INSTALLED on the same phone. At least on my Galaxy S7. When I uninstall DJI GO 4, I can use DJI GO with Osmo again.
2017-1-3
Use props
fans5c5aded6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 603491 ft
Canada

LukasBlecha Posted at 2017-1-3 08:32
DJI-Thor: Of course app is closed completely (forced to close in the settings). Problems is when BOTH APPS ARE INSTALLED on the same phone. At least on my Galaxy S7. When I uninstall DJI GO 4, I can use DJI GO with Osmo again.

Got the same problem on LG G5.
2017-1-7
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Any solution how to fix this, PLEASE?!
2017-1-10
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

I have an S7 running Android 6.0.1. I ran into the same problem and solved it by doing the following:
Turn off phone. Turn it back on. go Settings>Applications>Application manager>DJI GO>Force Stop and then go to DJI GO 4>Force Stop. Turn on the Osmo+, connect phone to Osmo Wifi and then open DJI GO. The "connected to another device" and instability it brought went away as long as I follow these steps. Hopefully, will work for you as well.
2017-1-11
Use props
siongvia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175308 ft
Singapore

ticktockdocker Posted at 2017-1-11 08:00
I have an S7 running Android 6.0.1. I ran into the same problem and solved it by doing the following:
Turn off phone. Turn it back on. go Settings>Applications>Application manager>DJI GO>Force Stop and then go to DJI GO 4>Force Stop. Turn on the Osmo+, connect phone to Osmo Wifi and then open DJI GO. The "connected to another device" and instability it brought went away as long as I follow these steps. Hopefully, will work for you as well.

You mean every time you use your osmo has to perform the same steps?
oh man......this is insane
2017-1-12
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

siongvia Posted at 2017-1-12 00:35

If by every time you mean once each session, then yes. Once I start shooting I can start and stop as one would normally. Before I go out with it I turn the phone off and on, and force stop both apps. Takes under 2 minutes total and then I'm good for as long as I'm out shooting. Not too onerous as far as I'm concerned, though I would of course prefer not to have to do it at all.
2017-1-12
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I am also using Mavic and Osmo + together but with two different phones.  If both phone with wifi enabled then the Osmo + would not connect. My solution is that always turn the wifi off on the phone paired with Mavic then the Osmo + will connect with the other phone.   
I am wondering if I can use usb cable with Osmo + rather than wifi as it is a pain sometime trying to get it connected.
2017-1-12
Use props
fansebeed138
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I started having the same issue, I too use the P2V2, as well as the P3P, and the MAVIC and The Osmo +.  I think this is insane to have to force stop the apps.  I too wish DJI would fix the issue.
I created a couple of threads under osmo before I saw this one, but this is my exact issue.

FYI, I use the Galaxy S6 Edge.

FYI, before I turn on my Osmo +, I force stopped DJI GO 4 app, then everything else worked just fine..  I did not have to turn on/off my phone and force stiop both apps.

Just Force stop DJI GO 4 app, turn on Osmo +, and connect to Osmo wifi open DJI GO app (Not DJI GO 4 app) and everything worked just fine.

Kss

2017-1-15
Use props
fans0e5a7cda
lvl.1

Canada

Good news, I managed to get the screen back...
my way:
1) downloard FW 1.6.2.10 (previous FW from 2016-03-24)
2) format uSD
3) copy FW on it and update the Osmo, restart and it was good...then a popup screen comes up with update online with the GoApp
hopefully it helps all...
BTW same for me in android I had to stop in the appl manager DJI Go 4!
2017-1-19
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

siongvia Posted at 2017-1-12 00:35

Jesus, this is insane. Please, DJI, can you solve this problem? This is pain in the ass.
2017-1-19
Use props
shoxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2621 ft
Ireland

LukasBlecha Posted at 2017-1-19 09:46
Jesus, this is insane. Please, DJI, can you solve this problem? This is pain in the ass.

Still nothing? Or did you found a solution?
2017-2-8
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Maybe i have the solution, if you are usig cyanogenmod, as you say stable, thats your problem.For me this was the problem,i tried everything then I installed the identity crysis for my moto g, thats a stock ROM optimized then.... Problem solved.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56371 ft
Australia

shoxer Posted at 2017-2-8 14:31
Still nothing? Or did you found a solution?

I just use Greenify and add both DJI apps (as well as FiLMiC Pro) to the hibernation list.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans24f1ef78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770410 ft
United Kingdom

I have a similar problem concerning more than one app installed on a Galaxy S5.
I have a P4 and an Inspire pro that were both using the Go App successfully . but now the support for the P4 has ended on the Go App it is recommended that the DJI GO 4 be used and as predicted with both apps (DJI GO and DJI GO4) installed neither of them work !!
This was the case before if you had a third party app (Litchi) and the DJI GO installed together neither would work but if you uninstalled either the other would work.
The general response from DJI was don't use a third party app but now DJI either needs to come up with a definitive fix as both app are theirs or remove the Samsung phones from their list of compatible devices.
P.s Have tried all the Developer options debugging stuff and nothing seems to work other than only have one app on the phone.
2017-2-16
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Any resolution on this, Lukas? I use DJI GO 4 on my S7 Edge for my Mavic, and I'm thinking of buying the OSMO+.  But the issue you're having is a deal breaker for me.
2017-5-30
Use props
TrustEd1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10577 ft
United States

I have the same problem, and I have verified that it happens when both apps are installed on the phone. I have the Galaxy S8 and I use DJI Go 4 for the Mavic and DJI Go for the Osmo+.
DJI Go 4 runs in the background even if you "close all" applications.
What I do is under my phone's "Settings>Device Maintenance>Battery>App Power Monitor"  I chose DJI Go 4 to be stopped when not in use, this puts the application to sleep until you actually open it yourself.  This way you don't have to force close the application every time you want to use your Osmo+.
Obviously a solution from DJI would be ideal, but I think this is a simple work around for now.

Thank you for your video because I had been trying to figure out what the problem was with my Osmo+ (which I just bought used) and was starting to think it was broken.

Ed.

2017-5-31
Use props
offcamber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

Same issue..had to uninstall Go4  to get the Go App to work....I was lucky to figure this out quickly as I was in the middle of a working shoot.  Kept disconnecting and connecting telling me the wifi was connected to another device....but there wasn't one.   Why can't they get everything to just work with ONE App!! Currently also have a Mavic with Goggles.

I am using a Motorola MotoZ Force.
2017-6-29
Use props
tkseward
New

United States

Yes this is a major issue imo.. DJI needs to get one app working for all of their devices or makes sure the apps do not conflict.. seriously this is garbage.. reading other posts about this issue noobs have no idea what is going on and think they wasted tons of money.. imo DJI needs to fix this or this kind of thing could kill their company if it continues to get worse with other conflicts in their products.. requiring that we have to use separate phones for each product is garbage.. I should not have to have two phones to use my OSMO and my Mavic in the same day.. also I should nto have to go into advanced settings in my phone and force quit apps.. this is really lame
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tkseward Posted at 2017-7-5 14:28
Yes this is a major issue imo.. DJI needs to get one app working for all of their devices or makes sure the apps do not conflict.. seriously this is garbage.. reading other posts about this issue noobs have no idea what is going on and think they wasted tons of money.. imo DJI needs to fix this or this kind of thing could kill their company if it continues to get worse with other conflicts in their products.. requiring that we have to use separate phones for each product is garbage.. I should not have to have two phones to use my OSMO and my Mavic in the same day.. also I should nto have to go into advanced settings in my phone and force quit apps.. this is really lame

I'm sorry for the experience with our product. Like Thor said, when you run Osmo with DJI Go, DJI Go 4 must be closed completely, usually it may run in the background, that's why the Osmo cannot be recognized by DJI Go.
Please let me know if it works to you.
2017-7-6
Use props
djiuser_ML2l4Mo
New

United States

I'm brand new to the drone field and I'm not real happy that I found out AFTER I bought my Mavic Pro that it's not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S4 because I can't download the DJI Go 4.  Can someone please post a list of phones that are compatible?  Thank you!
2017-7-24
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

Shortly, Mindy will arrive and tell you how sorry she is that you had this experience.  Then she will ask you to send files, jump over the moon, sell your first born, and after that, she will simply disappear.  DJI customer support is garbage.

I finished a real estate shoot yesterday with an Osmo and an Osmo Mobile.  Almost all of the video files produced were corrupted.  And, like you, I have DJI Go and DJI Go 4 installed on one phone.  The conflict between these two apps is ridiculous.  It has been reported before but DJI has not done anything to resolve the issue.  I wish you luck.

As for me?  I'm getting rid of as much DJI hardware as I can.  You listening DJI?  (Probably not.)
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules