Circular red color shift in Mavic photos?
1509 4 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc8415742
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655305 ft
United States

First week with the Mavic and I'm seeing something strange in the images I've captured. There's a noticable red shift in colors toward the center of every image. Almost like vignetting except the center of the image is more reddish and the sides are more green/blue. It makes stitching together panoramic images really difficult - does anyone else have a similar problem? I'm wondering if my Mavic has something wrong with the sensor or if that's how they all are...
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload some original images from SD card to dropbox and send me the link? I'll help to check it.
2016-12-27
Use props
fansc8415742
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655305 ft
United States

Here you go. I've included a JPG with heavy contrast / saturation in order to emphasize the effect (though it's looking more like a yellow shift than red as originally described). The color tones should be consistent across the horizon of the image since the sky is overcast and all the scrub / landscape should be relatively the same color.
Download full resolution 23MB DNG RAW file

Inconsistent Color Example

Inconsistent Color Example

2016-12-28
Use props
fansd0129dc9
lvl.1

United States

fansc8415742 Posted at 2016-12-28 11:30
Here you go. I've included a JPG with heavy contrast / saturation in order to emphasize the effect (though it's looking more like a yellow shift than red as originally described). The color tones should be consistent across the horizon of the image since the sky is overcast and all the scrub / landscape should be relatively the same color.
Download full resolution 23MB DNG RAW file

I seem to have the same problem but in video too!

Here some screen shots from the video I took:

I am not sure what is causing that. The lense was clean and I cant see any dameage to the camera what so ever!
I thinking about filinge a RMA and sending it back.
2016-12-28
Use props
Frank I.
lvl.2
Germany

That looks familiar: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75707-1-3.html

I have sent mine back for RMA, hope they can fix it (and that it doesn't happen again afterwards!).
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules