Yaw and pitch at full results in obstacle sensor activation?
801 3 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brewweasel
New

United States

I was practicing with my Mavic today and believe I have possibly stumbled on a bug.

I was going forward at full throttle (non sport mode) and then turning the Mavic (Yaw) to have it circle back around to me. About 90 degrees through the 180 degree maneuver, the Mavic stopped mid flight and held still with the Obstacle alarm going off.  Letting go of the sticks seemed to reset the device and I could continue without issue.  This happend to me twice while I was using the aircraft, once in a clockwise Yaw, and once in a Counter-Clockwise Yaw.  Is this supposed to happen?  I'm running the latest firmware released on 12/26.  I have video recorded of the event occuring.  The aircraft was high enough in elevation that there were no obstacles near by.

Any thoughts?
2016-12-27
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

There are reports of optical avoidance being activated when pointing towards the sun when it is low in the sky. Do you recall if it stopped when it had turned enough to be facing the sun?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please answer FlashGJ's question.
And did you capture a screenshot of the error message?
2016-12-28
Use props
brewweasel
New

United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2016-12-28 08:43
There are reports of optical avoidance being activated when pointing towards the sun when it is low in the sky. Do you recall if it stopped when it had turned enough to be facing the sun?

Yes, I do believe that this is definitely the case (with the sun).  The only error message I saw was "Obstacle detected" on the Controller screen. I didn't get a screenshot of that.
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules