Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(Solved) How to remove anti-drop pins?
4822 9 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoganRisen
lvl.1

United States

Hi, so I have had my phantom 3 standard since the 24th. When I got it. It had 3 anti-drop pins inserted, So I thought it was missing one, so I was like no problem. So I grab a anti-drop pin and pop it in. Then I hear there is only suppose to be 2. How do I remove them?
2016-12-27
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.3
United States

I've seen some information on how to remove them, and still be able to use them, so the information is out there; if nothing else, cut them off. You might though want to see how it flies, especially how the camera works, stills and video, with the 4. You may not need to take them off. If the image is distorted, jello effect, then, yes; but, if not, may be no need....
2016-12-27
Use props
LoganRisen
lvl.1

United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-27 17:34
I've seen some information on how to remove them, and still be able to use them, so the information is out there; if nothing else, cut them off. You might though want to see how it flies, especially how the camera works, stills and video, with the 4. You may not need to take them off. If the image is distorted, jello effect, then, yes; but, if not, may be no need....

Ok, I cant take my drone out right now and get some shots because its raining, but I will try to check for jello later. The drone flys just fine. Just wondering if you know this, I just bought some prop guards and installed them and sometimes the drone will lean... Any idea why? It never did that until I installed prop guards
2016-12-27
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.3
United States

Here's a youtube video about removing the pins; there are others too, just google something like 'phantom, remove drop pins'

2016-12-27
Use props
LoganRisen
lvl.1

United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-27 17:38
Here's a youtube video about removing the pins; there are others too, just google something like 'phantom, remove drop pins'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M82Rn_BMs

I have tried that many times already, that does not work for me. Its either im stupid or it doesn't work.
2016-12-27
Use props
LoganRisen
lvl.1

United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-27 17:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M82Rn_BMs

Thanks man! I got it. All you need to do is push the washer all the way in wait 10 secs and pull really hard!
2016-12-27
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I removed mine by 'push washer on further' to spread the 'wings' then wiggle the washer off .... took a while to figure out exactly - but once first comes away - its a doddle.

Many people remove the pins and put cable ties through loosely.

Nigel
2016-12-27
Use props
LoganRisen
lvl.1

United States

solentlife Posted at 2016-12-28 01:50
I removed mine by 'push washer on further' to spread the 'wings' then wiggle the washer off .... took a while to figure out exactly - but once first comes away - its a doddle.

Many people remove the pins and put cable ties through loosely.

The thing about the solution I found is that if you push them into the middle and rip off hard the washers are very unusable after, a small tug bam they fall off.
2016-12-28
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

LoganRisen Posted at 2016-12-29 00:25
The thing about the solution I found is that if you push them into the middle and rip off hard the washers are very unusable after, a small tug bam they fall off.

Were you are aware that you only need two pins installed diagonally to prevent the gimbal from falling off the drone? If you removed too many pins and now the washers won't stay on, just heat the washers with a hair dryer. If you haven't already cracked the washers, the fingers should just like magic return to their original shape as the washer cools down. BTW, it you need spare parts,  tutorials, practically anything else, go to phantomhelp.com.
2016-12-28
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

You should not rip of hard ... you angle them so wings don't close before it comes away. They are perfectly useable after this.

Replacement pins are readily obtained anyway from eBay / Hobby King etc.

Nigel
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules