1323 5 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

Hey everyone,

Has anyone else come across DJI Go 4 Android (using P4P) maps not loading? I am in a remote region of Australia, and can not get "Here" maps to load at a decent detail. The best I can get is a green blur, it has worked once, when I got phone service in the very far back paddock, it however did not cache or save them, so now I am back to square one.

It is very annoying, as I would like to use the map to visually see where I am in relation to the ground.
I have now tried 3 different Android phones, funnily enough the one it worked on was the cheapest $99 airport special, but I believe it only worked based on the mobile service, as none of them are working off the Wifi we have on the propertey.

If you have any tricks or hints, would be much appreciated.

I also had a chat with a DJI person, they assured me the DJI Go 4 app uses Googles maps, when I quirred why "Here" was on the map they went a little quite...

Thanks

Chris.

2016-12-27
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

"I also had a chat with a DJI person, they assured me the DJI Go 4 app uses Googles maps, when I quirred why "Here" was on the map they went a little quite..."

From what I've noticed the majority of DJI people know a little about a lot, but not a lot about a little - they only seem able to provide lip service to a lot of the problems here. Just have patience and confidence that there are a minority of DJI people working behind the scenes who know a lot about a little and will eventually fix these little things.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

This is an issue that was reported to the Development team to get this rectified as soon as possible. This unfortunately seems to only be affecting the Android app and not iOS. If you happen to have an iOS device or could happen to borrow one, that would be the fastest temporary solution you can do if you must use the satellite version of the map. The basic view of the map via the Android app still populates fine.
2016-12-27
Use props
Gray Bird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-27 21:29
This is an issue that was reported to the Development team to get this rectified as soon as possible. This unfortunately seems to only be affecting the Android app and not iOS. If you happen to have an iOS device or could happen to borrow one, that would be the fastest temporary solution you can do if you must use the satellite version of the map. The basic view of the map via the Android app still populates fine.

On mine the map work for awhile then it switches over to google maps I presume.  The word google is in the bottom left of the screen, and the map is blank.  When that happens have to restart the app.

DJI 3 4k using a galaxy 6
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Gray Bird Posted at 2017-1-10 05:48
On mine the map work for awhile then it switches over to google maps I presume.  The word google is in the bottom left of the screen, and the map is blank.  When that happens have to restart the app.

DJI 3 4k using a galaxy 6

Do you notice the map switch while the unit is connected, or only when it's temporarily disconnected due to the restart? Just to clarify, which Go app version are you currently running?
2017-1-10
Use props
Gray Bird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 14:51
Do you notice the map switch while the unit is connected, or only when it's temporarily disconnected due to the restart? Just to clarify, which Go app version are you currently running?

It happens while it is connected, I restart the app to get the previous map.  DJI GO v3.1.1(567)
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules