Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Google Maps / Here Maps vote
274608 274608 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Here Maps service availability seems to be unreliable, too. I was at my parents location over Christmas at South Germany and got just the street view, no satellite view, not even when zooming out. Almost useless for flying.
Today it looks as if satellite view is available again.
I used the Litchi app instead of GO and had no problems there, thanks to Google Maps.

PLEASE DJI, RETURN TO GOOGLE MAPS!!!
2016-12-30
Use props
trox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GOOGLE MAPS PLEASE!!!
2016-12-30
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

It's ridiculous this hasn't been fixed by now.  World class product flown on 3rd world maps.  Doesn't make sense.
2016-12-30
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

I would advise everyone to add negative reviews on both v4 and v3 apps mentioning the maps in the Play Store. People tend to check the apps out prior to purchase and this is probably the quickest way to get DJI's attention and have them move on it :-)
2016-12-30
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

chippie Posted at 2016-12-30 08:47
I would advise everyone to add negative reviews on both v4 and v3 apps mentioning the maps in the Play Store. People tend to check the apps out prior to purchase and this is probably the quickest way to get DJI's attention and have them move on it :-)

I created this poll with the theory of it being more like a petition to DJI ... I knew what the majority would pick, i just wanted to make it very clear and visual for them.

Reviews on the app with negative results will deffo get their attention though! good shout!
2016-12-30
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-30 09:07
I created this poll with the theory of it being more like a petition to DJI ... I knew what the majority would pick, i just wanted to make it very clear and visual for them.

Reviews on the app with negative results will deffo get their attention though! good shout!

Please don't take my post as knocking your poll in any way, that was not my intention in the slightest!

In fact it was a great move as they are on this forum
2016-12-30
Use props
Brado23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144003 ft
Australia

HERE maps is ruining my experience too. Please bring back Google Maps!
2016-12-30
Use props
gburns53
lvl.1
United States

Google maps, ofcourse
2016-12-30
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

It's not that hard to be able to have a selector for maps, that said, I think the move to HERE might be because HERE will allow maps to be downloaded for areas, states, countries, etc., whereas google doesn't really allow it easily.  Sure, I know one can download an area on phones, but HERE will allow that for more devices and without having to have it in app.  Could be enabling the ability to download an area so when one is remote and out of cellular coverage, at least all the terrain, GEOS and road/landscape detail could be resident on the device - phone or controller or even the craft?
2016-12-30
Use props
John&Sue
New

United States

Google Maps please...
2016-12-30
Use props
LoveJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

For me, Google is the best. HERE? never use.
2016-12-30
Use props
fansa1fb904a
New

United States

Google Map 4 me
2016-12-31
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Map not working at all now.
Will it affect RTH ?
2016-12-31
Use props
Snaver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45226 ft
Canada

Bring back Google
(Is this how I vote)
2016-12-31
Use props
fans56455e0e
New

Germany

I wondered why in Hamburg Germany I was suddenly not seeing any maps! I thought there was a fault - please go back to google maps
2016-12-31
Use props
fans90320b9d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 906184 ft
Australia

The ability to select between HERE and GOOGLE would seem to provide the best user experience that we've come to expect from DJI. For me, where I live, in fact HERE maps are much more up to date in my immediate area, and given the single choice I vote BRING BACK GOOGLE MAPS.
2016-12-31
Use props
pierce
lvl.1
Portugal

fans90320b9d Posted at 2016-12-31 14:38
The ability to select between HERE and GOOGLE would seem to provide the best user experience that we've come to expect from DJI. For me, where I live, in fact HERE maps are much more up to date in my immediate area, and given the single choice I vote BRING BACK GOOGLE MAPS.

The best company drone in the world, should work with the best maps provider.

It doesn't make sense anything else.
2016-12-31
Use props
pierce
lvl.1
Portugal

The best company drone in the world, should work with the best maps provider.

It doesn't make sense anything else.
2016-12-31
Use props
Rioja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37454 ft
Mexico

Bring back google maps please. Here maps doesn't work at all in my location. Map shows all black. I live in a big city, it is unusable as it is.
2016-12-31
Use props
fans2a389f43
New

United States

Please bring Google maps back for us Android users
2017-1-1
Use props
Pedersen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 906798 ft
Denmark

The Maps does not work for me in Denmark. It is very frustrating to suddenly loose that function. Please let us use Google Maps again.
2017-1-1
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

The Here maps have started to work for me for the first time since they replaced google maps.
2017-1-1
Use props
zeusdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220899 ft
United States

It's somewhat surprising that DJI would switch to the unanimously inferior Here maps.  Until now, DJI has gotten by with poor customer relations because they have the best hobby quadcopter products.  Google's accurate, high resolution maps built into DJI Go were a highly valued part of the product.  

Thank goodness for Litchi, which is also a better software product in several other ways - and has great customer service/customer relations.
2017-1-1
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

+1 Google maps.  voting on page one, for those who may have missed it !
2017-1-2
Use props
elborikuaSOMD
lvl.1

United States

Google PLEASE!
2017-1-3
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI would most likely love you all to go to Lichi,  that way they can rub their hands clear of any issues that may arise with the craft as you would be using an unsupported interface,  worth a thought,  from their perspective if everyone went to Lichi ( if it was stable enough? dont know ? ) DJI will have zero, or next to zero come backs on its craft saving them a nice tidy wedge. i guess it would make their day.
2017-1-3
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

HERE maps data is so out of date, where Google Maps is almost always current. Also, Google Maps is probably already cached on your phone, and can be fully functional without data. Having to cache data from a second mapping app makes no sense. It's not like Google charges for using maps, so what would be the point in using HERE maps instead?
2017-1-3
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.2
United States

The map they have one there now is absolutely useless.
2017-1-3
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

Would my calculations be correct, in saying that I think it might be slightly more on the Google Maps side of the house?
2017-1-3
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MarcusPolus Posted at 2017-1-3 07:54
Would my calculations be correct, in saying that I think it might be slightly more on the Google Maps side of the house?

I think you might be right ... if only DJI could react and return google maps to the app
2017-1-3
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

With the recent acquisition of HERE for 3.1 billion and now a 15% investment by Intel, I have the feeling that they are going to pour money into quality and coverage.
2017-1-3
Use props
dronefoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5689 ft
United States

Just got my Mavic the other day.  

Unfortunately, Here map satellite images have cloud cover over many areas -- google maps satellite is clear.

I was poking around for a couple hours in GO4 last night just learning the app and making settings/etc.  I don't know what I did, but the Here map switched to Google maps!

I have no idea why it switched from Here to Google Maps - but it was running without issue in GO4 with only GO4 installed on phone. (S7 Edge) ..after restarting the app later on it went back to Here map

I was able to switch between regular, hybrid, satellite and it was all with Google TM on bottom left corner of map from within GO4 app.

Maybe something is coming soon, a switch or a choice? Anyone else have that happen?

+1 for Google Maps - way better and more reliable
2017-1-4
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Google Maps show stopper?

Try centering Google Maps over the DJI headquarters in Shenzhen, then overlay the satellite view.  It appears the images are offset several hundred meters.
2017-1-5
Use props
Weerwolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1185735 ft
South Africa

Here maps are very dated in my area. Google is up to date!
2017-1-5
Use props
fanse24ec142
lvl.2

Germany

dronefoot Posted at 2017-1-4 10:40
Just got my Mavic the other day.  

Unfortunately, Here map satellite images have cloud cover over many areas -- google maps satellite is clear.

The same thing happened to me, but with the older DJI GO app. What I did was the following:

1. open the app, go to Mavic an touch Camera button (don't connect remote or copter)
2. open setting menu (three dots on top right) and select drone settings (mc settings)
3. scroll down to bottom and enter advanced settings
4. select exp and try to switch to sport mode

After that for me the app crashes and prompts me to tap ok. Then it restarts itself. After restart, Google Maps is used instead of Here Maps.

Can anyone reproduce this?
2017-1-6
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-3 05:20
DJI would most likely love you all to go to Lichi,  that way they can rub their hands clear of any issues that may arise with the craft as you would be using an unsupported interface,  worth a thought,  from their perspective if everyone went to Lichi ( if it was stable enough? dont know ? ) DJI will have zero, or next to zero come backs on its craft saving them a nice tidy wedge. i guess it would make their day.

I doubt it. Especially since they just came out with their new DJI GS Pro app.
2017-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-3 05:20

Litchi is supported by dji, dji have released their SDK to help third party apps, if you crash while using third party apps due to an aircraft malfunction you will be covered by dji warranty, if you have an accidental crash using litchi you will still be covered by care refresh.

I think this is fair and right,
2017-1-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-8 08:19
Litchi is supported by dji, dji have released their SDK to help third party apps, if you crash while using third party apps due to an aircraft malfunction you will be covered by dji warranty, if you have an accidental crash using litchi you will still be covered by care refresh.

I think this is fair and right,

Its still not 100% clear on the accidental cover using Litchi yet .. DJI-Ken told me to contact the DJI Care folks ... which i've done, but i'm waiting for a reply on this.

In my mind it should be covered and is great if so. It'll relieve any apprehensions with me using it anyway.
2017-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-8 08:31
Its still not 100% clear on the accidental cover using Litchi yet .. DJI-Ken told me to contact the DJI Care folks ... which i've done, but i'm waiting for a reply on this.

In my mind it should be covered and is great if so. It'll relieve any apprehensions with me using it anyway.

I'm sure you could always say it was an accident you were using Litchi and this would cover you under accidental damage.

You are covered if you drop your Mavic,  while not using any app so cover does not apply to only using dji go app.
2017-1-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-8 08:35
I'm sure you could always say it was an accident you were using Litchi and this would cover you under accidental damage.

You are covered if you drop your Mavic,  while not using any app so cover does not apply to only using dji go app.

Thats not clear in the information either so i included that in my email to DJICare.
I'll make a thread once i get a clear answer
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules