1419 11 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

I dont know what you nuffys are doing at DJI,

But so far, my experience with the P4P is bad.

Your app is fracking dumb, and now everytime I turn the battery off, I need to re-calibrate the gimbal, although I`m spending more battery volts trying to get yourmfracking app to work first, so I end up have 60% before I even take off, your bloody smart choice to choose "HERE" maps... Maps arent helpful if they are years out of date, and a big fracking blur.

Get your act together. Get some fixes happening, otherwise I`m expecting a refund.

2016-12-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Are you looking for an answer to your problems or a fight?
2016-12-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like we have another drone misbehaving? ;-)
Where did you acquire this Phantom?  Perhaps you shall return it for a proper working replacement model.
Sorry, if we can't help you fix it online, then you'll need to replace it, or send it in for repair. ;-)

Good luck..

RedHotPoker
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marksy, sorry that you are experiencing difficulties, we'd love to help you.
Would you please help confirm AC firmware? when turning off the battery and turn it back on, any notice on the APP?
What mobile device you are using? please describe it in detail for the map issue.
It's much appreciated if you could upload a small or some screenshots showing the situation you mentioned for evaluation, thanks in advance!
2016-12-27
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 15:12
Marksy, sorry that you are experiencing difficulties, we'd love to help you.
Would you please help confirm AC firmware? when turning off the battery and turn it back on, any notice on the APP?
What mobile device you are using? please describe it in detail for the map issue.

The same map problem that everyone has commented on in the playstore. There are more 1 star comments than 5. I`d start looking there first, that's a free tip.

When the app finally connects, it works, besides the maps being blurry. But its painful trying to get app to work, and now I need to calibrate the gimbal every battery.

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

marksy Posted at 2016-12-28 14:45
The same map problem that everyone has commented on in the playstore. There are more 1 star comments than 5. I`d start looking there first, that's a free tip.

When the app finally connects, it works, besides the maps being blurry. But its painful trying to get app to work, and now I need to calibrate the gimbal every battery.

For the here map case, we've reported to our engineers.
Each time you turn off the battery and turn it on, the aircraft will run self-calibration, and then you need do the calibration via APP, right?
If you do not calibrate it manually, what is the error on the APP? or would you please make a small video for us?
2016-12-28
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 19:27
For the here map case, we've reported to our engineers.
Each time you turn off the battery and turn it on, the aircraft will run self-calibration, and then you need do the calibration via APP, right?
If you do not calibrate it manually, what is the error on the APP? or would you please make a small video for us?

There is no error that pops up in the app, the gimbal is just not level horizontally.
2016-12-28
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

marksy Posted at 2016-12-28 22:08
There is no error that pops up in the app, the gimbal is just not level horizontally.

Hold C2 + Turn Cam Settings Wheel in either direction to correct Horizontal roll.
2016-12-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-29 08:52
Hold C2 + Turn Cam Settings Wheel in either direction to correct Horizontal roll.

Yep, that's how to resolve the angle in the field, for sure. With regard to set-up Marksy, is it safe to assume that when you used GO to perform the gimbal calibration that you were on a flat surface? You can use your phone compass to check first.
2016-12-28
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-29 11:30
Yep, that's how to resolve the angle in the field, for sure. With regard to set-up Marksy, is it safe to assume that when you used GO to perform the gimbal calibration that you were on a flat surface? You can use your phone compass to check first.

The first time yes, but its hard to find a flat surface in the bush. Lol. I`ll try the c2 trick. Thanks.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

marksy Posted at 2016-12-29 12:50
The first time yes, but its hard to find a flat surface in the bush. Lol. I`ll try the c2 trick. Thanks.

Please keep us posted if the issue persists.
2016-12-28
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Australia

Updated new firmware, issue persists.

Getting pretty annoying now.

Whats the fix?
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced