1.0.2.16 Firmware STUCK? Over 1.5 HOURS... and SUPPORT NOT ANSWERING
1351 4 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

Okay, first off, WTF is the point of "CHAT SUPPORT" if you aren't going to actually be available on it? Instead I'm greeted with a "please leave your contact information" canned message like it's a friggin' answering machine. I can do that through email you dolts! Why bother having "chat" as an option?

2nd... I called your US support line - 818-235-0789 which says you're availble M-F 9-5:00pm Pacfic Standard Time, yet it simply answers, says I've called OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS and then proceeds to read me the damned business hours!?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I digress (for now). This firmware upgrade has been going on for well over 1.5 hours. I extracted the 1.0.2.16 zip file and put the firmware on the card. I removed all video & txt files (no pictures were present on it). I ejected it and put it in the camera. I loaded the DJI app on my tablet and had it attached to my controller. I turned the bird on. It linked and said an update was available and asked me if I wanted to proceed. Yep. Progress was going pretty fast (at first). It made it to 49% and then just stayed there. Here I am 1.5 hours later and still at the same 49%.

What now? This is crazy. Who the heck as even ever heard of firmware taking 25 minutes (let alone 1.5 hours?)
2015-2-13
Use props
davegsa.live
lvl.2

United Kingdom

try this it may help
http://youtu.be/MFP13b5mR9I
2015-2-13
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Maybe this will help you.
2015-2-13
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine did the same.  Just do a reboot and it should resume and complete the install.
2015-2-13
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

Thx guys. Turns out the update had completed. I still was nervous about rebooting without any type of confirmation. You'd think they'd be able to get something as simple as firrmware upgrade confirmation correct on a $3k+ bird!? Christ...

Should I upgrade the TX too? The app isn't telling me it needs to be... and I have no idea where to tell what version firmware it's currently on. Guessing maybe the TX icon? I'll have to wait a few minutes, just started an IMU calibration.

Thank you again!

(PS: also turns out their LA Support (US support line) is closed today 2/13 for a system upgrade. Who the fuck does a system upgrade in the middle of the damned business day?)
2015-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules