123Next >
10391 102 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 13:59
Do you know if the Version Unknown error will prevent one from getting prompted for a firmware update?  Mine is out of the box and that error appears.  I have flown mine and it works extremely well.  I normally wouldn't update firmware unless I'm having some type of challenge OR if there is a significant feature that is getting updated.  Does the battery get updated with the aircraft firmware through the DJI app for the standard version?  I imagine I am on a really old firmware version.

Yeah that is true. And some firmware updates also does updates for the battery too. So if you have more than one battery, they will all get updates. There may also be updates for the controller too. All done through the App on WiFi.
2017-1-2
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-2 14:06
Yeah that is true. And some firmware updates also does updates for the battery too. So if you have more than one battery, they will all get updates. There may also be updates for the controller too. All done through the App on WiFi.

OK, thanks for replying.  I'm hungover so forgive me ... The version unknown error WILL prevent me from getting the firmware update prompt?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2017-1-2 06:05
Really? this is the point. We have no idea what version.  I'm on my 2nd unit that states aircraft version unknown.

Define soon please.  I think most of us who recently purchased drones would like the reassurance that we will be able to upgrade firmware if needed.  I know people are saying they are ok to fly, and we did yesterday, but it seems quite odd that we have to communicate with a server just to see the current version of firmware.

Very sorry for the inconvenience caused, may I know you contacted our support via online chat or phone or e-mail? we'd like to help you escalate this case.
Besides, our engineers are working on and will get it fixed soon, thanks for your kindly understanding!
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Duff33 Posted at 2017-1-2 06:45
I have no idea what firmware is currently on the aircraft. I have not attempted to update on the newest one for fear of creating more issues. I have not been able to try and fly yet due to weather not been nice enough.

No worries, we'll get it fixed soon, hope you can enjoy it soon with good weather condition.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-2 10:19
Ok Got the Barometer Fixed with the P3C_FW_V01.07.0094 Download I Found.  But now im back to the NO RC Signal Debacle.  

Video Works Fine

May I know what the led status on remote? it's red or green?
What mobile device you are using? APP is up to date, right?
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 13:54
OK, I am having the same challenge, version unknown, right out of the box.  I was NEVER prompted to update the firmware on the device when first launching the DJI GO app.  I still haven't been notified via the app of any firmware update availability.  I highly doubt that I am running the latest firmware, right out of the box.  

Have you been prompted with a firmware update message via the app?  Has anyone having the version unknown error been prompted for a firmware update?

Vikassi, this issue is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon, the aircraft still functions well, you can enjoy it.
For any other problems, please feel free to let us know, thanks.
2017-1-3
Use props
danelord
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 00:32
Vikassi, this issue is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon, the aircraft still functions well, you can enjoy it.

Any ETA on the completion of the reconfiguration?? Cheers
2017-1-3
Use props
danelord
New

Australia

Had a version come up on mine today.

Very old firmware
IMG_2049.PNG
2017-1-3
Use props
Dynamic1
lvl.1
United States

danelord Posted at 2017-1-3 03:25

Very old firmware

On the subject of firmware. I am having trouble navigating through the App to even find the firmware. Can someone direct me through the steps of how to find it?
2017-1-3
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 00:32

OK, this is good to know then.  Here's hoping to a quick fix!
2017-1-3
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 00:31
May I know what the led status on remote? it's red or green?
What mobile device you are using? APP is up to date, right?

RC is all green, and the app is the Current Version.

Is there anyway to figure out what version of Firmware is on the RC?  I honestly feel that doing the Manual update on the drone, that the RC did not get the update correctly and there could be a version mismatch causing the RC Signal Lost issue.
2017-1-3
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

danelord Posted at 2017-1-3 03:25

Very old firmware

Did it let you select a firmware and install it?
2017-1-3
Use props
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-2 14:01
Yeah well... the server thing. You'll get no argument from me.

Could someone tell me exactly how to find my aircraft version Number? I don't seem to be looking in the right place.
2017-1-3
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

With the aircraft and radio on select the menu option in the Go app - top right corner of screen in camera mode (ie the screen you in when flying) . In the general settings tab scroll right to the bottom  and select the about option. This will show you the Go app version , firmware version and serial number.
2017-1-3
Use props
danelord
New

Australia

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-3 12:55
Did it let you select a firmware and install it?

negative, unfortunately
2017-1-3
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-3 12:54
RC is all green, and the app is the Current Version.

Is there anyway to figure out what version of Firmware is on the RC?  I honestly feel that doing the Manual update on the drone, that the RC did not get the update correctly and there could be a version mismatch causing the RC Signal Lost issue.

Yeah Paul above mentioned where to find it in the App. Although it might say unknown since it is a problem with DJI's servers. There is a downgrade secret option from the App. A few second press on the graduation cap icon in the app will get you there. I don't know anymore about it as I found it by accident and I never used it myself.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi All, very sorry for the inconvenience caused, we're aware of this case and working on it now, the issue will be fixed soon. If there is no any other issue with aircraft, please do not worry about it and you can still enjoy flight.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cropduster Posted at 2017-1-3 13:17
Could someone tell me exactly how to find my aircraft version Number? I don't seem to be looking in the right place.

After the server issue is fixed, then you can check the version as the screenshot below:
Version.png
2017-1-3
Use props
Jeepinjosh
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 23:52
After the server issue is fixed, then you can check the version as the screenshot below:

Ok, Thank you very much for your help.  Everything seems to work fine. Please keep us updated when it is resolved.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans418e5052
New
United States

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-2 13:54
OK, I am having the same challenge, version unknown, right out of the box.  I was NEVER prompted to update the firmware on the device when first launching the DJI GO app.  I still haven't been notified via the app of any firmware update availability.  I highly doubt that I am running the latest firmware, right out of the box.  

Have you been prompted with a firmware update message via the app?  Has anyone having the version unknown error been prompted for a firmware update?

Yeah I'm in the exact same situation, I would have literally wrote the same thing you did. It sounds like it's ok to fly

App version 3.1.1
Aircraft Unknown
Iphone 6 os 10.2
2017-1-4
Use props
N00b
New

Canada

I am on my second p3 standard now.  Received my first one on Christmas Day. Tried to read all instructions before flying.  I got paranoid about the firmware update as my controller had a warning on it to upgrade before flying.  Once I connected my app to aircraft it did not prompt me to upgrade.  I looked through setting and saw the version n/a.  Waited an hour for a dji support person who walked me through a bunch of steps and had no clue. I ended up getting disconnected.   Waiting for rep #2. This one told me different things to do.  Still didn't work.  Rep # 3 told me it was fine. That a new firmware was coming out in a week.   Skeptical I waiting for another support rep.  This one told me to do a manual upgrade by downloading l file and putting it into sd card.  This caused RC errors where my controller would not link.  I took the PS3 back and exchanged for new one.  New one showed same issue.  

I know this is now explained as a server error.  I wish all the support staff was made aware so I wouldn't have had to wait my time trouble shooting and retuning a unit
2017-1-4
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

N00b Posted at 2017-1-4 11:05
I am on my second p3 standard now.  Received my first one on Christmas Day. Tried to read all instructions before flying.  I got paranoid about the firmware update as my controller had a warning on it to upgrade before flying.  Once I connected my app to aircraft it did not prompt me to upgrade.  I looked through setting and saw the version n/a.  Waited an hour for a dji support person who walked me through a bunch of steps and had no clue. I ended up getting disconnected.   Waiting for rep #2. This one told me different things to do.  Still didn't work.  Rep # 3 told me it was fine. That a new firmware was coming out in a week.   Skeptical I waiting for another support rep.  This one told me to do a manual upgrade by downloading l file and putting it into sd card.  This caused RC errors where my controller would not link.  I took the PS3 back and exchanged for new one.  New one showed same issue.  

I know this is now explained as a server error.  I wish all the support staff was made aware so I wouldn't have had to wait my time trouble shooting and retuning a unit

I agree.  I went through same ordeal.  I'd love to have all those wasted hours back.
2017-1-4
Use props
Pathum07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129616 ft
Italy

I am voing to return it too
2017-1-4
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

Helped a friend with his new P3standard today, his app was reporting aircraft firmware unknown still today.  Other than that, it flies great.  A very decent AC for the money.
2017-1-4
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

I'm having exactly the same issue. Firmware version unknown (iOS) or N/A (android).
Upgrading the device via sdcard to 1.07.9 resulted in losing the rc signal. Re-linking doesn't help.

When only the rc is online (and drone off) I can see an old version (1.2.4) showing up in the iOS app.

to sum it up:
Drone should be on 1.07.9
RC most likely on 1.2.4
Flying: Not possible anymore

Since downgrading from 1.07.9 to 1.2.4 is not possible I have no chance to get my drone up again.

Does someone have an idea what to do now?
Is there a chance to update the RC?
2017-1-5
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-5 05:05
I'm having exactly the same issue. Firmware version unknown (iOS) or N/A (android).
Upgrading the device via sdcard to 1.07.9 resulted in losing the rc signal. Re-linking doesn't help.

any reason why you updated to the latest firmware in the first place?  Did you originally have some type of challenge you were looking to resolve?  From what I understand, the P3S isn't meant to be upgraded manually, but rather through the app.  I have heard that you can click and hold on the "cap" icon (top right) to access a menu that might let you downgrade?
2017-1-5
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

I lost the rc connection during my last flight at about 50 meters distance and almost lost the drone. Luckily RTH was working properly.
Afterwards I checked the version in app, which was showing "unkown". I read that the latest firmware version is working quite good, so I updated manually...

The hidden downgrade screen is not functional. I'm not able to select anything there. I guess this also relates to the "unknown" version which is still present.
2017-1-5
Use props
DamonV
lvl.1

United States

My P3 Standard has been displaying Aircraft Version Unknown since I received mine a few days ago.  Everything seems to be working fine, but I'd like to be able to tell what version it's on now just in case.  Any updates DJI on the server re-configuration that is said to be causing this issue?
2017-1-6
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

My came out of box as well may 2 weeks never  told me to upgrade firmware and the aircraft is unknown i have flown it but maybe 3 times 100 feet up 100 feet out beginner mod haven't tried it in normal mod
not in the mood to loose signal
2017-1-7
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Were all of these quads with problems purchased recently or for a gift for the holidays? I got mine from my brother but it was a backup for his fleet of advances purchased last year. Mine had the wifi board loose rattling around in the TX. Fixed, downloaded the go app to an s7 edge and updated with no issues. Just wondering if there isn't an issue with that run of quads being pushed out for Christmas. From my wifi board find I can see that QC is severely lacking.
2017-1-7
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

GOT mine at a store staples but they tld me no return no refuns or exchange only DJI W ould be able to help with any issues
2017-1-7
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

Very much the same for me in a German store. DJI told them not to allow returns/refund.
2017-1-7
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-1-7 10:29
Were all of these quads with problems purchased recently or for a gift for the holidays? I got mine from my brother but it was a backup for his fleet of advances purchased last year. Mine had the wifi board loose rattling around in the TX. Fixed, downloaded the go app to an s7 edge and updated with no issues. Just wondering if there isn't an issue with that run of quads being pushed out for Christmas. From my wifi board find I can see that QC is severely lacking.

Mine was a xmas gift.  I am having the version unknown and cannot update the firmware nor check the version.  This has been going on for WEEKS now.  You make me wonder if the xmas production batch was hurried, causing major QC problems and DJI just telling us that its a "server reconfiguration" problem.  I am on my second drone and it has the version unknown problem along with compass errors during flight.
2017-1-7
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-7 12:32
Very much the same for me in a German store. DJI told them not to allow returns/refund.

wow, i bought mine at Target and I returned it, no problems.  If this one keeps acting up I will return this one as well.
2017-1-7
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:02
This issue is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon.
The aircraft functions properly, please do not worry about it.

Hi Natalia,

Is there any update to this challenge?  

Thanks!
2017-1-9
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-29 22:29
You're not able to downgrade P3S firmware. Just to clarify, did you notice the range issue after a firmware update or right out of the box?

Seriously.. Still preaching "Can't downgrade P3S"? How many times must it be said that a P3S CAN be downgraded. Maybe it hasnt been said loud enough?

YES, A P3S FW CAN BE DOWNGRADED TO ITS PREVIOUS VERSION!!!! Seach this or  http://www.phantompilots.com/ on how...
2017-1-9
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

Bourgeois Posted at 2017-1-9 11:22
Seriously.. Still preaching "Can't downgrade P3S"? How many times must it be said that a P3S CAN be downgraded. Maybe it hasnt been said loud enough?

YES, A P3S FW CAN BE DOWNGRADED TO ITS PREVIOUS VERSION!!!! Seach this or  http://www.phantompilots.com/ on how...

Well... I wouldn't say this too loud...
The P3S cannot be downgraded from 1.7 to 1.5. If you have 1.7 then you can go back to 1.6 but not below.
Since my rc is on 1.2 and my aircraft on 1.7 a downgrade is not working for me.
2017-1-9
Use props
Politik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243996 ft
Canada

I'll add my name to the list of people with this Firmware unknown issue. I just picked up a new P3S and have yet to be prompted to upgrade the firmware. When both my Aircraft and RC are powered and connected to my iPhone, it says Version Unknown. If I just power up the RC, it says Aircraft Firmware 1.2.40
It flies fine so far tho!

2017-1-9
Use props
fans63e47262
New
Flight distance : 52595 ft
United States

My P3S is showing the same thing (Version Unknown) but when just the controller is on it says version 1.2.40
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The firmware showing "Unknown"  will not affect the aircraft's performance, you can still enjoy it.
And the issue will be fixed soon, thanks for your attention!
2017-1-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules