Aircraft Version Unknown
10376 102 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex-
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-9 23:57
The firmware showing "Unknown"  will not affect the aircraft's performance, you can still enjoy it.
And the issue will be fixed soon, thanks for your attention!

This is simply not true. If you are having the "RC signal lost" issue, you are not able to install a firmware through the app because of this blocker issue here.
And this means, you are not able to "enjoy" at all...
2017-1-9
Use props
valy2
New

Romania

Because of the unknown version problem i can't fly my p3s. I can't link my rc with the aircraft. I can see the video from the camera, but i can't control the aircraft. I belive there is a problem with the firmware, but i cant' downgrade it.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans3da7ecc8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 00:27
No worries, we'll get it fixed soon, hope you can enjoy it soon with good weather condition.

P3s, Upgrade firmware, aircraft disconnected in 1-2 minutes, red-light on RC, App version 3.1.2, aircraft version unknown, NO VIDEO, no information on top line of DJI App, RC will work with aircraft with red-light on RC, repeat 'NO VIDEO' if you have update firmware PLEASE e-mail me
2017-1-10
Use props
fans3da7ecc8
lvl.4
United States

valy2 Posted at 2017-1-10 02:36
Because of the unknown version problem i can't fly my p3s. I can't link my rc with the aircraft. I can see the video from the camera, but i can't control the aircraft. I belive there is a problem with the firmware, but i cant' downgrade it.

My problem opposite yours, NO VIDEO, and I can control aircraft
2017-1-10
Use props
Real Daddy Pig
New

United Kingdom

Is there a way to force an update on the P3S through sd card. I believe firmware versions for the P3S are no longer available from the website and must be done through the go app but what if the app isn't giving you the option to upgrade or downgrade.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

Same issue, my bird is one firmware and my controller is stuck on old firmware because I cannot download anything from DJI ho app.
IMG_7060.PNG
2017-1-10
Use props
fans7d7bfdb8
New

United States

There is NO WAY of standard to update or downgrade controller except thru DJI go app. Booooo. I'm stuck , I've tried 4 different apple devices and same thing.
2017-1-10
Use props
Real Daddy Pig
New

United Kingdom

Mine is saying exactly the same except where yours has got the current version mine says unknown. Pretty poor when you think about how much these things cost
2017-1-10
Use props
vancitybc2010
New
United States

I wrote this in another thread yesterday, but I am experiencing a similar issue. I purchased my PS3 on the weekend and couldn't update firmware. Have "Aircraft Version Unknown" as well. I spoke with DJI Customer Support yesterday, and was told by the rep that they are aware of this issue and are releasing a new firmware update "this week". She didn't provide me a specific date, but said it should be "this week" which will address all the PS3 owners who are experiencing this issue. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

Don't worry everybody.  Issue will be fixed "soon".  Whatever that heck "soon" is because DJI appears to define "soon" as "weeks" or more.
2017-1-10
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2017-1-10 15:34
Don't worry everybody.  Issue will be fixed "soon".  Whatever that heck "soon" is because DJI appears to define "soon" as "weeks" or more.

True that ..
2017-1-10
Use props
Southtdi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14590 ft
United States

I got my Standard the Friday before new years. I have had the same issue since that everyone else has. Luckily mine works perfectly fine and I am ok with waiting. I am frustrated since I did email support and never heard a word back. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
2017-1-10
Use props
Real Daddy Pig
New

United Kingdom

Yeah mine is flying fine. Until like i said I get 100 m or so away and I loose the video link on the app but can still control the aircraft. so I'm the same and willing to wait and hopefully they will sort the issue soon
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Real Daddy Pig Posted at 2017-1-11 01:35
Yeah mine is flying fine. Until like i said I get 100 m or so away and I loose the video link on the app but can still control the aircraft. so I'm the same and willing to wait and hopefully they will sort the issue soon

Please try again, the new firmware has been release now, and keep us posted.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

vancitybc2010 Posted at 2017-1-10 15:31
I wrote this in another thread yesterday, but I am experiencing a similar issue. I purchased my PS3 on the weekend and couldn't update firmware. Have "Aircraft Version Unknown" as well. I spoke with DJI Customer Support yesterday, and was told by the rep that they are aware of this issue and are releasing a new firmware update "this week". She didn't provide me a specific date, but said it should be "this week" which will address all the PS3 owners who are experiencing this issue. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The new firmware has been released, please try to upgrade it  and let us know the result, thanks.
2017-1-11
Use props
soenni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2703 ft
Germany

Hello, just updatet via App to 1.08.10.
No problem with the FW and the RC just linked to the P3S. Now the controller Workshop fine again.
Hoping the issue is fixed for everyone.
Thank you!
Soenni
2017-1-11
Use props
Politik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243996 ft
Canada

Politik Posted at 2017-1-9 20:09
I'll add my name to the list of people with this Firmware unknown issue. I just picked up a new P3S and have yet to be prompted to upgrade the firmware. When both my Aircraft and RC are powered and connected to my iPhone, it says Version Unknown. If I just power up the RC, it says Aircraft Firmware 1.2.40
It flies fine so far tho!

This issue is now resolved for me. Firmware is upgraded. Will test fly it as soon as I can.
2017-1-11
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Mine as well came out 0f box aircraft unknown latest version of go app controller also showing but that's it
2017-1-11
Use props
Graphicnizor
New

Netherlands

Horus Posted at 2017-1-11 05:38
Mine as well came out 0f box aircraft unknown latest version of go app controller also showing but that's it

I have THE same problem aswell. Wanted to update the firmware because of THE 30 meters signal and image lost problem...

iOS

iOS
2017-1-11
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

It doesn't ask me to upgrade firmware i turn on app and aircraft i don't get ask anything  and controller is also on
2017-1-11
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
United States

fans7d7bfdb8 Posted at 2017-1-10 12:07
Same issue, my bird is one firmware and my controller is stuck on old firmware because I cannot download anything from DJI ho app.

Same here......................
2017-1-11
Use props
N00b
New

Canada

I just did the update and it has fixed the unknown version problem!!!  All is good now. Took it for a quick test flight. Seems ok..  I was in beginner mode and the  app no longer said maximum height reached.  Although I did get the error message on the camera screen
2017-1-11
Use props
fck_nzs
New

Spain

Hi, yesterday I tried to fly with my drone, and I saw one message of the update. I tried to update by the app but failed the upgrade, and after I can't use my drone.

Now appear one message in the app who says: Remote Controller Signal Weak. And I can't do nothing. Actually the remote controller is not linked with the drone, and it's impossible to link. I tried lot of times but never link. I don't know what happens, I need help, I can't use my drone and the last days before the upgrade the drone flyes in perfect conditions.

Is a Phantom 3 Standard and tried to update to 1.8.10

2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules