Wow that was fun!
1646 14 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I spent 5 1/2 hours trying to chat with someone so I could send my Mavic Pro in for repair. I had gotten down to 80 in the queue and I made a mistake and hit the close button instead of the minimize. (I was gathering my DJI care number) That put me back to 112 in queue. In between all this I tried to use the phone service. When DJI answered they said that their phone lines were down and would be repaired soon. That was of no value to me because they would be closing in 15 minutes anyway. I don’t know if they have repaired the problem yet.Then after a long wait when I made it down to 50 in the queue I had to go for supper. After supper I was still at 50. I made it down to 17 in queue and then it jumped me back to 30 in queue? Something wrong with their software.

To add injury to insult (Just a saying) I even had to type this thread in my mail because the forum spell checker stopped working.

When I got to chat with an agent everything went smooth. That part was fantastic!!!

However if I see that I am 112 in queue and DJI can see this as well, what does that tell you. DJI PLEASE hire more chat employees. I do know one agent handles many chats all at the same time. It takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute for him to answer any questions.

Maybe they only have one employee working at one time? It sounds absurd but it might be true. DJI how many chat employees do you have working at one time?

After everything has been said and done I do love my Mavic Pro!

2016-12-27
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

" Maybe they only have one employee working at one time? It sounds absurd but it might be true. DJI how many chat employees do you have working at one time? "

Do you realise what time of the year it is ?

Are you bored or something?

Seems like a whinge fest with a smile that has no point.
2016-12-27
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-12-27 23:14
" Maybe they only have one employee working at one time? It sounds absurd but it might be true. DJI how many chat employees do you have working at one time? "

Do you realise what time of the year it is ?

Bored, definitely not. With out a working Mavic, yes. In need of a working Mavic for my photo tour of Northern Argentina and Lima Peru in less than 2 weeks, yes.

So it's not a whine fest. It was a post about the time I had to spend (At this time of the year) to make sure my Mavic is back in time.

Australia is next!

2016-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-29 13:21
Bored, definitely not. With out a working Mavic, yes. In need of a working Mavic for my photo tour of Northern Argentina and Lima Peru in less than 2 weeks, yes.

So it's not a whine fest. It was a post about the time I had to spend (At this time of the year) to make sure my Mavic is back in time.

You can arrange a repair ticket by email or by phone, it's a lot quicker. I have experience of this with a P3P it was seamless 24 hrs got a reply got a ticket number got info on all the documents and what I would need to ship my drone, two days later UPS picked it up 10 days later I had it back repaired. Great service..
2016-12-29
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Is this normal or something for people to crash their dji drones? Seems kind of crazy.
2016-12-29
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-29 13:40
You can arrange a repair ticket by email or by phone, it's a lot quicker. I have experience of this with a P3P it was seamless 24 hrs got a reply got a ticket number got info on all the documents and what I would need to ship my drone, two days later UPS picked it up 10 days later I had it back repaired. Great service..

Hallmark007

is this what you are talking about?

DJI

?
2016-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcusPolus Posted at 2016-12-29 13:47
Hallmark007

is this what you are talking about?

No,.......
2016-12-29
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

I thought it was... being that it said ..

Send in for Repair

Select a product

on the page after selecting the location..

can you post up the link so maybe Im not the only one who might not know what link you are talking about?
2016-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcusPolus Posted at 2016-12-29 13:59
I thought it was... being that it said ..

Send in for Repair

When you click to get into forum , you have a list at bottom of page click on more then click on dji support you will then be given option of phone numbers for N America Europe etc also  email links .
2016-12-29
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-29 14:15
When you click to get into forum , you have a list at bottom of page click on more then click on dji support you will then be given option of phone numbers for N America Europe etc also  email links .

Yes, It works for the USA, but Canada is exempt from using the North America route. (Go figure) The phones do not work, their still fixing them. The only way I could get it in quickly was through chat and the line up was long.

I requested that they email me the packing slip with all the pertinant information for Customs. I then printed the forms and taped them to the parcel. Then I drove to the UPS office and dropped it off. It's now in Seattle and tomorrow or tonight it will be at DJI in Carson California.
I wouldn't even have the paperwork for me to send the parcel if I had to wait for them to mail it to me. I live on an Island and every transaction takes an extra day.

To answer the hippoz question about accidents. I was trying the new slower Cinematic mode. The new update told me I could only go 100 meters high to be with Canadian height allowance. So I lowered it to 100 meters. While videoing and moving sideways I hit the only old growth tree within 60 kilometers of here. I was shocked that it had never logged. This area was logged twice already. This tree is huge, when I get time and it stops raining I'm going to go back to measure the girth.
Yes accidents do happen.

2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you had a long wait like that, It was Christmas and there was probably thousands of DJI aircraft under the trees.
You can also call 818-235-0789 and they will issue you the RMA.
2016-12-29
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-29 21:32
Sorry you had a long wait like that, It was Christmas and there was probably thousands of DJI aircraft under the trees.
You can also call 818-235-0789 and they will issue you the RMA.

Thanks for you concern Ken. The phone number you gave me is not working for Canadians. Also the online RMA form for North America excludes Canadians as well.

But all is ok my Mavic will be at DJI Carson Ca. in the morning. We Canadians may apologize a lot but inside we are positive thinkers and we do care.

2016-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-29 17:48
Yes, It works for the USA, but Canada is exempt from using the North America route. (Go figure) The phones do not work, their still fixing them. The only way I could get it in quickly was through chat and the line up was long.

I requested that they email me the packing slip with all the pertinant information for Customs. I then printed the forms and taped them to the parcel. Then I drove to the UPS office and dropped it off. It's now in Seattle and tomorrow or tonight it will be at DJI in Carson California.

Well hopefully you will have it back soon generally dji service is excellent, good luck..
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-29 22:43
Thanks for you concern Ken. The phone number you gave me is not working for Canadians. Also the online RMA form for North America excludes Canadians as well.

But all is ok my Mavic will be at DJI Carson Ca. in the morning. We Canadians may apologize a lot but inside we are positive thinkers and we do care.

Glad it's on it's way, the number I gave you does work but it's not a toll free number.
I'm sure you'll have it back soon.
2016-12-30
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-29 17:48

Well maybe because Canada is not America

lol just kidding, maybe  its tied to some kind of ship routing of some kind where it would confuse the system they use?

2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules