Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Charging Tips
733 3 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZS1SSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

I see that if the battery is at 95% then you have to switch on the battery before charging ----Why is this and can someone explain the difference .
What will happen if I switch on the battery at 30% and then start the charging ?

Happy droning !!!!

2016-12-28
Use props
brunobaptista
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369839 ft
Brazil

As far as I know, if you start charging a battery with say 30% (anything less than 95%) on or off it will start charging to 100% with no difference.
I don´t know if there is a technical reason why you have to turn it on above 95% or if it is only a software setting (that the user cannot change).

I do have on battery, out of 3 that I have that only starts charging - regardless of how much it is charged - from 8% all the way up to 95% if I turn it on first. Other than that it performs perfectly.
The other two that I have behave as expected charging either on or off if below 95%.

2016-12-28
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I may be a newbiw to drones but I have lots of time on electric Heli's. At 95% I wouldn't even think about charging a battery.  If you charge your battery the day before you fly, they can drain to 95% just because they have a bit of vampire in them.  Unless you charge and then run out to fly, you might not see 100% on your battery.  This is not a bad thing.  I think that every time you charge you cut a little life overalll on your battery so don't charge unles you drain it some.  I also leave one battery uncharged after flight incase I want to get into the quad and change some settings. You can use a battery as low as 20% for a long time on a table top adjusting settings.  Hope this is helpful...Odan
2016-12-29
Use props
ZS1SSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

Anyone from DJI here care to explain the reason it is stated in the user manual to switch on the battery when charging (If battery is at 95%)

2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules