Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of Signal Poll
12Next >
9140 63 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

For those that have lost signals, what operating system were you using?
Single SelectVote, Total 457 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You may need to add column for for those who have not lost signal."
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-28 09:18
You may need to add column for for those who have not lost signal."

With the new OcuSync that the Mavic has, I agree there should be a column for who hasn't lost signal.
2016-12-28
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

Updated with new poll options.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-28 11:44
Updated with new poll options.

Thanks for doing that.
2016-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job Aeri
2016-12-28
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

I voted no lost signal on ios, but there so many other variables such as location which unique for everyone.  Some other variables that CAN be measured are firmware and app version. I'm still using GO 3.1.1 and I'm 2 firmware upgrades behind. No problems and I'm afraid to introduce problems if I upgrade.
2016-12-28
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah really, should be according to app and firmware version on the list. I can fly her out 2 miles and not skip a beat fpv. It's almost ridiculous how far. I think altitude plays a part also. I like to fly up ~185 feet
2016-12-28
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

Voted no lost signal IOS but also flown Android for a while and had no issues with lost signal either. Couldn't vote both.
2016-12-28
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

My reply has one cavyet:  I have never lost CONTROL signal between the Mavic and the RC.  I HAVE lost video and had to restart the app a few times.  Nothing recently, but it has happened in the past.  In ALL cases, I still had control of the Mavic and was able to fly it and/or use the RTH button on the controller to bring it back without incident.
2016-12-28
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-28 21:22
My reply has one cavyet:  I have never lost CONTROL signal between the Mavic and the RC.  I HAVE lost video and had to restart the app a few times.  Nothing recently, but it has happened in the past.  In ALL cases, I still had control of the Mavic and was able to fly it and/or use the RTH button on the controller to bring it back without incident.

What operating system?
2016-12-29
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

About restarting the app...I always wondered:  Can you force-quit the app while the drone is in-flight?  I was always worried some malfunction would happen.
2016-12-29
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

MediaElite Posted at 2016-12-29 05:33
About restarting the app...I always wondered:  Can you force-quit the app while the drone is in-flight?  I was always worried some malfunction would happen.

Quiting (or force-quoting) the app should not cause an issue.  The drone is designed to fly without the app, but you can't see and aim the camera, change settings, etc.  The RC is the main connection.  If you are flying WiFi, that would be a little different, but a loss of signal from the phone in WiFi (or loss of signal from the RC in normal flight) should just trigger an RTH.

I am using an iPhone and I have exited and "force-quit" the app a few times without any issues.
2016-12-29
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

iOS.  iPhone 7, latest updates.  DJI Go 4, latest version.  (I'm not sure I have lost video with this latest version of the app... it has been more than a week since I lost video last and I don't recall if there was an update.

2016-12-29
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lg v 20 android, dji go 4 latest was closing until I turned on airplane mode and closed all other apps. Hasn't been crashing since. Recently got a mavmount to run my nvidia shield with the Mavic and hopefully it works out.
2017-1-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Also what FW are we talking about????????

On one FW i have drama, on others i dont!!!

How do i poll?

Yes i lost connection but downgraded FW and no i dont lose connection.
Im not sure what evidence based data the OP is after but currently DJI should go into receivership with almost 50% of Android Mavics losing signal according to this very extensive poll.

2017-1-21
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Have lost signal on both OSs on numerous occasions BTW. Flying behind  a large obstacle or at long distance, both are totally expected.

Given the signal is between the RC and Mavic, I dont really see any value in the this poll. Makes no mention of controlling software either. Litchi WPT users for example, will both have high rates of intentional signal loss whatever OS they happen to use, by design.  
Is there some issue you are trying to isolate where people lost signal for no obvious reason perhaps?   
2017-1-22
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-21 16:12
Also what FW are we talking about????????

On one FW i have drama, on others i dont!!!

What firmware are you using? And device? Just trying to decide if i should downgrade ;-) also is it dji go 4? Cheers
2017-1-22
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Hi All,

Yesterday i had serious problem with my DJI MAVIC PRO. As i am new on Forum, i can't open a new topic regarding this issue and that's why i am writing here. I had almost 7 or 8 satellite connections during flight and after climbing 90 meters altitude it suddenly lost all satellites and change it to ATTI mode. I tried all possible joystick commands one by one to bring aircaft back, (up,down, rudder left-right, right left, backwards, pause button, etc.) but none of them worked.I couldn't send any commands to device and instead of hovering my Mavic started to go right slowly and after 5-6 meters going to right it crashed wall and fell into ground. Now, every componenet of Mavic has been totally damaged (after free fall from 90 meters) and un-usable. Pls advice what to do. That was not my fault and i am %100 sure that there is a big software bug that has to be re-considered with my device. I am not a new drone pilot, i have been using drones more that 3 years and i really got shocked after this accident.
2017-1-22
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

fans960b109d Posted at 2017-1-22 22:46
What firmware are you using? And device? Just trying to decide if i should downgrade ;-) also is it dji go 4? Cheers

Im using the .000 and not the .200 which gave me issues.
Device is android chinese Umi eMax. Not problems here except need brighter screen....dont we all....
Go app3
2017-1-23
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Hi Bent, I am using iphone 7 and with latest firmware. App is updated and latest one also, DJI GO 4.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-23 00:39
Im using the .000 and not the .200 which gave me issues.
Device is android chinese Umi eMax. Not problems here except need brighter screen....dont we all....
Go app3

Iphone 7 with latest firmware. DJI go 4 app with latest software edition.
2017-1-23
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ejder Bingül Posted at 2017-1-22 23:33
Hi All,

Yesterday i had serious problem with my DJI MAVIC PRO. As i am new on Forum, i can't open a new topic regarding this issue and that's why i am writing here. I had almost 7 or 8 satellite connections during flight and after climbing 90 meters altitude it suddenly lost all satellites and change it to ATTI mode. I tried all possible joystick commands one by one to bring aircaft back, (up,down, rudder left-right, right left, backwards, pause button, etc.) but none of them worked.I couldn't send any commands to device and instead of hovering my Mavic started to go right slowly and after 5-6 meters going to right it crashed wall and fell into ground. Now, every componenet of Mavic has been totally damaged (after free fall from 90 meters) and un-usable. Pls advice what to do. That was not my fault and i am %100 sure that there is a big software bug that has to be re-considered with my device. I am not a new drone pilot, i have been using drones more that 3 years and i really got shocked after this accident.

It sounds like you were flying next to a tall building.  There is a lot of interference in urban areas which can make you lose GPS and remote connection. Did you maintain line of sight?  And why are you flying so close to a wall?  (5-6 meters).
2017-2-4
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Lost signal today first day flying so a little worried, lucky I hit the RTH button just before I lost signal I only regained the signal as it was hovering just above me and about to land!
I have had a few issues with connecting the RC to the drone when I restart her, I think this may have something to do with it but im not sure why as I have installed all the latest firmware ;-O
2017-2-5
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Signal between RC and Aircraft or RC and app? If it´s the last make sure to try your OWN usb/lightning cable attached to the bottom (and removing the one on the side) some stock cables have proved to be faulty. If it´s the first... well... what do you mean by signal lost?
2017-2-5
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Singapore

Same Same, never lost control but had to unplug / replug the DJI lightning cable from the controller to the phone to regain video feed. Never lost signal if my phone was set to Airplane mode.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MediaElite Posted at 2016-12-29 05:33

You won't but more importantly keep it in LOS to prevent disaster when you loose the video on the remote.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

After several flights now (all of them over heavy wifi neighborhoods), Im sold and convinced that the limits for distance for the Mavic are truly based on battery endurance. Did another test run yesterday evening and hit over 16200 feet with no signal loss. Iphone 6s.  Not even 100% certain I had my controller aimed perfectly at the Mavic at that distance. Due to trees and such in the way, had to raise my altitude to a height that was well under the 1640 max altitude height of the Mavic.  Compared to Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and Parrot Disco, let's say this Ocu Synch thoroughly impresses me.

I did learn a lesson on the long return trip with a side blowing breeze: Let the GPS guide it home. I instead opted for Sport mode flying it back to my myself while using the radar icon. The wind ended up blowing the mavic off course to the side a bit and I ended up having a longer distance coming back.  I ended up having to make a low battery induced a forced landing about 2000 feet away from my home point, but fortunately, it was in a vacant dry grassy field and using the map on the phone, I was easily able to drive over and find it unharmed. Lesson learned.

Note to DJI: If you can focus on one thing to improve the MAvic? Longer life battery. I'd be willing to pay DOUBLE the current $89 price for a battery that lasted 50% longer than the current battery
2017-2-6
Use props
fans967d25fb
lvl.1

United States

With Mavic Pro using DJI GO 4, Nvidea Shield K1 or Motorola Z Force Looses radio signal on every flight. Using Litchi both have never lost signal
2017-2-6
Use props
kabukiman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381923 ft
Luxembourg

Here's when i lose video signal:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-83920-1-1.html
2017-2-6
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I lost connection to the drone and the RC every time I have flown it 3 or so times! initially was having trouble contenting to the drone when first powered up and after several attempts it connected, then let the drone go around 750mtrs and again lost signal to the RC, lucky I could see the drone and was hovering so I walked over to it and still could not establish a connection, I then waited for the battery to run low and when it did it did a RTH and landed safley!
although the 3rd time it clipped the fence and broke only the propellers thankfully,
Prior to this I reinstalled the lasted firmware to the drone and the RC hoping this would rectify it but it didn't,
I have now downgraded the firmware to the previous version and this seems to have fixed it although I only given it 3 more short flights upto 750mtrs away as now without any issues,
has anyone else had this problem?         
2017-2-7
Use props
James SB
New
United Kingdom

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-7 04:01
I lost connection to the drone and the RC every time I have flown it 3 or so times! initially was having trouble contenting to the drone when first powered up and after several attempts it connected, then let the drone go around 750mtrs and again lost signal to the RC, lucky I could see the drone and was hovering so I walked over to it and still could not establish a connection, I then waited for the battery to run low and when it did it did a RTH and landed safley!
although the 3rd time it clipped the fence and broke only the propellers thankfully,
Prior to this I reinstalled the lasted firmware to the drone and the RC hoping this would rectify it but it didn't,

I lost connection once and it crashed the app but the controller was still working so i put it into rth....

other times i have lost connection it always reestablished itself in a second or 2

Im using samsung galaxy s5 with wifi and mobile data turned off

Today I went 6.9km out and got back with 4 percent battery. my signal was at 2-3 bars still. The next time i went 4km then it started  detecting non existant obstacles and stopping. at first i thought it was a bird then i put it into sport mode to avoid this problem.. hopefully it was condensation on  the sensor or something that wont be there next time i take it out
2017-2-7
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

I've gotten a weak signal warning message a few times and I've gotten a strong interference warning message once when flying around a particular rock formation.  I take heed of these warnings when I see them and have not lost connection so far. I've flown the Mavic with DJIGO 4 on Android a lot, with Ios a little, and used Litchi on Android as well.  Same thing with my P3A. When I get a warning I don't press the issue by flying further away or in a direction that would make the line of sight worse.
2017-2-15
Use props
QuantX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356542 ft
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-15 08:39
I've gotten a weak signal warning message a few times and I've gotten a strong interference warning message once when flying around a particular rock formation.  I take heed of these warnings when I see them and have not lost connection so far. I've flown the Mavic with DJIGO 4 on Android a lot, with Ios a little, and used Litchi on Android as well.  Same thing with my P3A. When I get a warning I don't press the issue by flying further away or in a direction that would make the line of sight worse.

Any less loss of signal with litchi compared to Android?
2017-2-16
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

QuantX Posted at 2017-2-16 10:34
Any less loss of signal with litchi compared to Android?

Haven't flown with Litchi enough to make an honest comparison.   The vast majority of my flying is within 4000' (roughly 3/4 mile) and at that range I don't typically have any signal issues unless LOS is compromised by a lot of tree cover.
2017-2-16
Use props
QuantX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356542 ft
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-16 13:54
Haven't flown with Litchi enough to make an honest comparison.   The vast majority of my flying is within 4000' (roughly 3/4 mile) and at that range I don't typically have any signal issues unless LOS is compromised by a lot of tree cover.

Okay, thank you for that!
2017-2-17
Use props
CTKgolfboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555801 ft
United States

LG V20 I lose signal nearly Everytime I fly. Today was the scariest, lost signal, mavic made a beeline for a tree, stopped before hitting, then went to RTH height and it reconnected.  I was terrified my 1000 dollars was crashed.
2017-2-28
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

android signal loss at 500m  for about 2 seconds then repeated 5 more losses over next 50m so hit return to home on controller
2017-3-1
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

android signal loss at 500m  for about 2 seconds then repeated 5 more losses over next 50m so hit return to home on controller
2017-3-1
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

Only did one flight with my Mavic the other day but I stretched its wings and I had no issues,  but uploaded the flight record to healthydrones.com and it said I had poor signal the whole time, but the drone had full bars, I think that might be  an error on heathydrones part.  I can tell you one thing though, the Mavic can't be as bad as the Phantom 3 Standard, you would lose signal all the time!
2017-3-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules