Fix for connecting DJI GO Android app to Phantom 3 Standard
10139 12 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peaking
lvl.3

Australia

Hey guys, I had lots of problems connecting my Nexus 6P on Android 7.11 to the P3S via the app. The only fix that worked was here:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=529997

but that was a really old thread and I belive this problem is more specific to Android and the way it handles wifi connections with no internet connection

Big thanks to user ro.othorick:

http://forum.dji.com/home.php?mo ... uuid=81b7ad7c74ded8

And here is a quick video i made with this work around:

hope this saves some of you somtime and the guys at DJI can fix this prolem

2016-12-28
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

Good Video Thanks!
2016-12-28
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

What a great, informative video. I never had the connection problem because I was using a 7" Tablet from the get go, so could never understand why so many issues with connecting. DJI, time to rewrite some of the instructions I think.
2016-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Just a question .... on my androids incl. 6.0 - I can disable 4g, 3g, individual modes, connections, to only use what I need. Can you not do this on your 7 machine?

If I enable Airplane mode on any of my gear - it disables all comms systems including wifi ..... so I would never get any connection with my P3S ......

Interesting.

Nigel
2016-12-28
Use props
peaking
lvl.3

Australia

solentlife Posted at 2016-12-29 14:04
Just a question .... on my androids incl. 6.0 - I can disable 4g, 3g, individual modes, connections, to only use what I need. Can you not do this on your 7 machine?

If I enable Airplane mode on any of my gear - it disables all comms systems including wifi ..... so I would never get any connection with my P3S ......

I usually do this how i showed on the video. I can engage airplane mode but can then go in and select wifi and/or bluetooth be on even though airplane mode is engaged. I have always done it this way even when I had an iPhone
2016-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Well I just learnt something ... just did it on the tablet I'm using now ....

Never knew before ... and I've been with android etc. from day one !

Nigel
2016-12-28
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

peaking Posted at 2016-12-28 19:57
I usually do this how i showed on the video. I can engage airplane mode but can then go in and select wifi and/or bluetooth be on even though airplane mode is engaged. I have always done it this way even when I had an iPhone

Wow, school is in session.   I did not know that, and tried it one of my tablets and my phone...

Thanks,
Big Poppa 45
2017-1-1
Use props
probonic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61211 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like this is probably an issue with Android 7 (Nougat).  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which works fine, and that is Android 6.  I believe Nougat is being released soon for the S7, so it'll be interesting to see if I suddenly have to do this.

To my mind it shouldn't be an issue if it was doing what I thought it would logically do - when you connect to the Phantom via WiFi, the RC, the aircraft and the camera are on local IP addresses (192.168.1, .2 and .3).  Android *should* only be trying to use the mobile connection for access to anything *outside* the local network (i.e. the Internet), so if it was doing what it was supposed to do the connection to the Phantom should work, with the added bonus that streaming would actually work in Android, as it does currently when using iOS.  Android, at least at the moment, does not allow data connections to both WiFi and mobile at the same time as iOS does.

Hopefully it's a good sign and maybe through DJI and/or Android updates this procedure will no longer be required and streaming will also finally work in Android.
2017-1-3
Use props
peaking
lvl.3

Australia

probonic Posted at 2017-1-3 10:04
It looks like this is probably an issue with Android 7 (Nougat).  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which works fine, and that is Android 6.  I believe Nougat is being released soon for the S7, so it'll be interesting to see if I suddenly have to do this.

To my mind it shouldn't be an issue if it was doing what I thought it would logically do - when you connect to the Phantom via WiFi, the RC, the aircraft and the camera are on local IP addresses (192.168.1, .2 and .3).  Android *should* only be trying to use the mobile connection for access to anything *outside* the local network (i.e. the Internet), so if it was doing what it was supposed to do the connection to the Phantom should work, with the added bonus that streaming would actually work in Android, as it does currently when using iOS.  Android, at least at the moment, does not allow data connections to both WiFi and mobile at the same time as iOS does.

I think you're right mate....I've been living in a NEXUS world for years now and have become accustomed to having the latest Android OS loaded...I have failed to realise most Android devices are still on 5 or 6 and as they move up to 7 this will become a problem...unless DJI issue a fix this will be an interesting issue to watch unfold
2017-1-4
Use props
DeeJayEye
New
Australia

Is it DJI's issue or Googles (Android)????
2017-4-1
Use props
fansc9996e1f
New

Bahamas

I have a note5 an it not connect
2017-12-16
Use props
fansc9996e1f
New

Bahamas

Yes it's a dji phantom 3 standard
2017-12-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you put the  WIFI on and searched for P3S WIFI in the network list ?
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules