1460 10 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Hi !
How do you feel abot the very loud "BEEP" sound of the remote control, do you hate it or do you think its neccessary or do you want it optional ?
I wont add my personal Opinion here :-)

Nils

Single SelectVote, Total 31 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

12.90% (4)
3.23% (1)
83.87% (26)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-12-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a big deal to me. It is there to warn you as needed. I guess they could put a user option on the Go App, but then someone would crash becasue they did not get warned in time....  Rich
2016-12-28
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

The beep beep doesn't bother me and I think I actually prefer it so I can't miss what's happening  but I think making it an option would be great.
2016-12-28
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

I am using the Mav to shoot photos in the Nature and if you are standing in absolute silence, Mavic 300m away filming some deers and it starts BEEEP it feels like someone hit you.
And i observe battery levels since ages, its a habit. Bu ti understand that the target group changes to absolute beginners so YES i would make it optional with a BIG FAT warning if switched off.
Controller could still shake, messages could still flash but lease dont BEEP :-)

Nils

P.S. sometimes if there are a few people e.g. on a lake or beach i ask them if it would be okay to fly with a drone and that i would not tape them and not disturb them.
Usually i get an "okay" plus curious Questions. With that BEEP i would have to be extra careful not to botch that "not disturb them"...
2016-12-28
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I'd like to see at least two options:

Routine "Beeps" for non-critical issues with an "ON/OFF"

Critical "Beeps" for RTH, loss of signal, battery low/issues/etc. with an "ON/OFF"

RTH could probably go into the "Non-critical" column, unless it is done without user input.

JMHO..
2016-12-28
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

The mavic drone itself is not quite...so thenot wanting to disturb deer and people claims seem a bit silly. Yes the beeping is annoying but the Mavic at 150ft and 300ft away can still be heard buzzing in the air
2016-12-28
Use props
joerazzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86952 ft
United States

A option to change from vibrate to beep would be nice.
2016-12-28
Use props
ChrisTheZulu
New

United Kingdom

i think it needs to be there, but being able to control the volume would be good. people around you will naturally thing theres something wrong with that type of beeping, especially the volume for a few minutes when returning to home.
2016-12-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Have an option in the settings to allow the pilot to have the constant beeping switched off. Just two beeps at the beginning of pressing the return to home would be good. Or have the female voice alert the pilot that the aircraft is returning to its home point. No need for all of the constant beeping, seems out of place.
2016-12-29
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-28 22:37
The mavic drone itself is not quite...so thenot wanting to disturb deer and people claims seem a bit silly. Yes the beeping is annoying but the Mavic at 150ft and 300ft away can still be heard buzzing in the air

annoys ME, deers are not affected by the drone buzz let alone the beeping beeing hundreds of meters away. Its MY nerves i want to have preserved and te one of bystanders that suddenly DONT think that they are not disturbed.

Nils

P.S. and all animals react different to different kinds of noise...
2016-12-29
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

ChrisTheZulu Posted at 2016-12-29 03:37
i think it needs to be there, but being able to control the volume would be good. people around you will naturally thing theres something wrong with that type of beeping, especially the volume for a few minutes when returning to home.

Its a Beeper, it can only BEEP or not BEEP, thats the cheap part about it...
Unless they do some tricky pulsing there is no volume control.

Nils
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules