Mavic Pro Battery Problems
56923 77 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
offcamber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

I just had this issue...tried all the above methods to no avail. Even after charging DJI GO 4 app still said battery below 50%. I plugged the Mavic into my PC and inserted the offending battery. IT is showed up as connected via USB on the PC I launched the DJI Assistant 2 App on the PC.....showed a software upgrade available. Clicked update and it updated fairly quickly and the battery appears to operate normally now.  From now on I will be updating via a USB connection.
2017-6-14
Use props
yashah97
New

United States

offcamber Posted at 2017-6-14 10:57
I just had this issue...tried all the above methods to no avail. Even after charging DJI GO 4 app still said battery below 50%. I plugged the Mavic into my PC and inserted the offending battery. IT is showed up as connected via USB on the PC I launched the DJI Assistant 2 App on the PC.....showed a software upgrade available. Clicked update and it updated fairly quickly and the battery appears to operate normally now.  From now on I will be updating via a USB connection.

You just saved my life I didn't know what to do and I needed all 3 of my batteries for something right away and this just saved my life. I'm so thankful that you posted this solution only three days ago too or else I wouldn't have known about this.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans72b257a0
New
Flight distance : 23074 ft
United States

I had the same problem as everyone else on here: the two middle LEDs on a battery were on solid after a failed firmware upgrade. I reapplied the firmware upgrade, and that fixed it. I also did the firmware upgrade on my other batteries so I don't have to wait for it in the future.
2017-6-18
Use props
MoDrone
New
Brazil

At first, I also had the same problem as everyone else: the two middle lights blinking every 15 seconds. But then I've waited too long to try and solve it with the methods explained here. Now the battery is completely discharged, the leds are not blinking anymore, and when I try to charge it, the red light on the charger turns on. HELP!! Any ideas, anyone?
2017-6-19
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

I have same issue - except I got it while updating using the Assistant2 software.  DJI updating really is useless.
2017-6-21
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

Update to my saga.  I ended up doing it the other way around to the rest of you.  Updating via Assistant 2 at first set two batteries into suspended animation mode with the two middle lights flashing.  So I tried the only other resort and updated via the app with my remaining good battery - that worked.  then I put the other two batts in the drone and it starts aautomatically and updated them through the Assistant2 software.  All batts back to normal now.

The update process takes way too long.  They need to account for slow internet connections.
2017-6-21
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Fly on Wall Posted at 2017-1-2 17:09
I had same issue -- appears it was mismatched firmware due to repeated failed upgrade -- all your advice/steps seem right, although it took my system a few reboots before it sorted itself out.

in the meantime, battery would not respond to attempts to turn off.  

Experienced similar issue  on my DJI Spark.  You must first charge the battery 100% before you even think of doing a firmaware upgrade...then all the above common issues will vanish...
mine is perfectly working...
Ill place a video link of my firmaware update soon...
2017-6-21
Use props
qlock
New
Flight distance : 47608 ft
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-1-1 15:02
Hi all, good news here – at least for my particular case:
I might just have a great luck, but it seems that my battery started working again!!
The battery behavior was was the same as described above. I also created a short video of my particular case here: https://youtu.be/F0LeLtaomes   

I had the exact same experience. I'd like to add that I stuck one of these half way updated batteries into the hub charger and the light would turn green for a second and then red like the battery was in fault mode. One battery recovered using your method, the other doesn't seem like it's charging and may actually be bricked now. I still have hope though, going to let it charge over night.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans26ed07cb
New
United Kingdom

I just had the same thing happen to me. I fixed it by charging it for a while (2 leds stuck on and red led on the charging block) put a good charged battery in the drone and connected to my pc using the usb cable. Updated the firmware using DJi assist. installed the bad battery and ran DJi assist again, updated firmware and now the battery will switch off.
2017-6-29
Use props
Husabergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95443 ft
Norway

Follow.. Same problem. Trying to fix..
2017-7-6
Use props
Kenner
lvl.1
United States

Holydiscord Posted at 2016-12-29 08:03
Thank you!

Called them and they are going to replace it.

Did you have insurance? (Refresh?)
2017-7-9
Use props
fans69da7072
New
Cambodia

Gentleman, I also get this battery problem, the worse is my Mavic is not power on automatically as everyone said when I put that defective battery in it and I can not update it. What should I do ? Any help ?
Regard
2017-7-13
Use props
fans69da7072
New
Cambodia

Norko Posted at 2017-1-17 09:26
ABLE TO FIX MY PROBLEM

Symptoms:

Mine not automatic power on when I put that battery in
2017-7-13
Use props
MattFryer
New
United Kingdom

Had the same problem with one battery after trying to upgrade through the remote. Two attempts later using the OS X app and the defective battery is sorted. Thanks to those who posted this work around..
2017-7-16
Use props
ChrisBerlin
New
Flight distance : 96017 ft
Germany

fans4bdce353 Posted at 2017-6-9 22:36
Thank you guys so much for your information, as I was worried about my drone with this problem as well. I have found another solution, & I believe it'll be the best one.
Just quickly how my problem happened, I somehow failed my first update through the app. Then, the battery had 2 LEDs Green flashed both around 13 seconds apart. I used my other two batteries from my combo package & they had no problem updating. So, I attempted to follow this forum article but no solution didn't work for me. It will always say "Battery must be 50%" everytime i tried to update even though it was prior to the failure. So this is my solution;

Hi,

I registered (to the forum) for the sole purpose of thanking you for your description. THAT was the way to do it for my corrupted battery! Thx!

For future readers I would like to add that you have to make sure you have the latest version of DJI Assistant 2.
Via Google (Germany) I only found several links for V1.0.1. (which only did an update to V1.0.4 automatically but no further). In those versions the RC was not detected properly (only some kind of other (kids?) device named "Little Pilot", but not the MAVIC PRO RC. Only via a link in another forum I found the current version 1.1.0. (and not via Google at DJIs website).
And with that the RC was identified and the update of both the RC and the MAVIC went smoothly. At the end of the update the 2 middle LEDs were accompanied by the two others ;-)

So, check your Assistant version.

Cheerio
Chris
2017-7-20
Use props
fans428cbf10
New
Spain

Hello!
I bought fly combo set with 3 batteries.
All 3 arent charging. I decided to empty them first, hoping this could help, but no. When connecting to charger, first led blinks 16 times, then 7 seconds pause and again. Batteries has only 0-3% power now, so firmware re-update won't work for me.
I am on holiday for a few weeks and bought this mavic specially for this time. Sadly
2017-7-20
Use props
kashyap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206703 ft
Canada

Hi All,

Bought my ,mavic pro yesterday hit upgrade as it told me to and facing the same issue since then -  two LED in the center are 'on' others are not and the drone wont power-off. Came by this thread.... I tried using DJI assistant too, it did'nt work...... Called DJI support service now waiting for my battery to drain out as they told me that it is the next step. They refused to give me a case number saying they do not know what the problem is and cannot log a case (inspite of me telling them about this thread!!) ....... will keep you updated...... I was excited while buying this product, but the way it performed the moment i took it off the box makes me think about the potential issues going forward.
2017-7-21
Use props
CHAPT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50994 ft
France

Salut, je pense que le mieux, si elle est sous garantie, tu la renvois chez DJI, ou alors tu la change et celle qui ne fonctionne pas,  recyclage
2017-7-22
Use props
kashyap
lvl.1
Canada

kashyap Posted at 2017-7-21 13:53
Hi All,

Bought my ,mavic pro yesterday hit upgrade as it told me to and facing the same issue since then -  two LED in the center are 'on' others are not and the drone wont power-off. Came by this thread.... I tried using DJI assistant too, it did'nt work...... Called DJI support service now waiting for my battery to drain out as they told me that it is the next step. They refused to give me a case number saying they do not know what the problem is and cannot log a case (inspite of me telling them about this thread!!) ....... will keep you updated...... I was excited while buying this product, but the way it performed the moment i took it off the box makes me think about the potential issues going forward.

Update to my problem - Battery drained out and now is not charging again. I called the customer care who say they have raised it internally and I should expect a e-mail within 24 hours. The lady on the other side said that mostly it will be replaced.

I have ordered 2 extra batteries in the meantime. Not sure on what to expect.

2017-7-24
Use props
Kuratau Kate
New
Flight distance : 889 ft
New Zealand

I too had this problem. My upgrade wouldn't complete and my battery flashed 2 green lights. I had the mavic outside with the ranchslider closed while I was updating. My fix was to bring the mavic inside. I closed the app removed my iPhone from the handset, removed the battery from the drone. When inside I reinstalled the faulty battery, put my iPhone back into the handset and turned it on and connected it to the drone. Opening the dji app I was told to update the software which I did. Maybe the drone was too far away from the hand set in the first place as now my battery is fine. Oh by the way when I did the initial update both the handset and the drone battery was fully charged.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI User3810
lvl.1
United States

kashyap Posted at 2017-7-24 14:32
Update to my problem - Battery drained out and now is not charging again. I called the customer care who say they have raised it internally and I should expect a e-mail within 24 hours. The lady on the other side said that mostly it will be replaced.

I have ordered 2 extra batteries in the meantime. Not sure on what to expect.

Update to my case: DJI has shipped a replacement battery, expecting it on tuesday. No reasons given for the issue so-far.

As long as the battery works and drone fly's it should be fine.
2017-8-11
Use props
fanseeba7327
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71329 ft
United Kingdom

just did same thing to me. I have the flu more bundle. So 3 battery's to use. I ran down my first two battery's and installed the third. To which I get a message about a new FW update. So ran the update. Got an error message and said to me try it. So I did. Mavic got pretty warm and FW still wouldn't update. Was unable to turn off the mavic so had to pull the battery and it's still stuck with two middle lights on. I out one of my run down battery's in and it fires up fine. But the battery with the two stuck in led,s won't charge. Or won't register in the charger. Will try and leave it in for 2 hours and see if I can do the update and hope it fixes my battery
2017-8-22
Use props
fansd00f33e4
New
United States

offcamber Posted at 2017-6-14 10:57

This worked for me! The app said the battery was less than 50% and it won't apply the update.

Here is a bit more detail: open the desktop app, connect the Mavic to the PC/MAC without the "faulty" battery, and then put in the battery. Update appeared right away and that update fixed the battery.

Lesson Learned: ensure to charge the battery again even though the battery shows fully charged.  I used a battery that was charged about a week ago. It had 4 dots but the update failed via the app method somehow.
2017-8-22
Use props
Edumalves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184800 ft
Brazil

Hi Guys...

I had the same problem...I've successfullly upgraded my mavic to firmware 1.3.1000. I have 3 batteries, so i put the 2nd battery and sucessfully update it. On 3rd I had this problem...the update has failed and the battery wont power off. I made exactly as described in this forum to solve this, but connecting the mavic directly in dji assistant 2.

Would like to ask you if are not dangerous these HOT removals and HOT plugs to mavic?

Thanks!
2017-8-22
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

UPDATE; I waited until the drone was cool to the touch, underneath. It was about 15 minutes.
Put battery 3 in, started everything up. RC, then drone, then GO4 app.
Inconsistent firmware message cameup, selected update
Battery updated no problem
Powered everything down and force closed the app
Waited until drone was cool again, about 10 minutes
Put battery 4 in, updated with no problem
I now have an updated drone and 4 updated batteries

So, I might be very wrong, but in future I'm going to try and keep the drone as cool as possible when updating. Maybe use a fan or something to keep the air moving across it. Then wait at least 15 minutes before updating each battery. I really don't know if heat is the problem but hey, my method worked for me. Your results may vary, but I'm wishing you good luck.

Just had a similar problem. I did the 1.3.100 update on battery 1. Took a long time but no problem.
Put battery 2 in, inconsistent firmware message came up as expected. It partly updated but then got update failed message. Stuck with two blinking LED's, can't turn battery / drone off.
Took a deep breath and removed battery 2 from drone.
Put battery 3 in to check if drone is affected. Inconsistent firmware message came up again. This time I ignored it. Drone started normally, no error messages.
Put battery 2 back in about 10 minutes later. This time, it updated no problem. Removed it from the drone, put it in the charging hub and it appears to be charging normally.

In between all the above steps, I powered off the drone, powered off the RC and forced the GO4 app closed. I'm running with an iPad Air 2 with latest IOS version.

I'm now going to wait until the drone cools right down. I suspect heat build up may be a problem. No real idea why, just guessing. I'll let you know how it goes.

2017-8-23
Use props
G-Shocker
New
Singapore

Thank you guys so much for your information, as I was worried about my drone with this problem as well. I have found another solution, & I believe it'll be the best one.
Just quickly how my problem happened, I somehow failed my first update through the app. Then, the battery had 2 LEDs Green flashed both around 13 seconds apart. I used my other two batteries from my combo package & they had no problem updating. So, I attempted to follow this forum article but no solution didn't work for me. It will always say "Battery must be 50%" everytime i tried to update even though it was prior to the failure. So this is my solution;

Thank you fans4bdce353!   I've tried all other methods without success, only this method works!
Will only update via DJI Assistant on my computer from now on.
2017-8-27
Use props
Alainuws
New
Canada

Brand new Mavic Pro with Fly more package.
I got the 2 middle led on problem with the first battery. On the phone i got an error with the FW update failure.
I power off everything and notice that the battery would not turn off.
I tried again with the second and third battery and all went well.
I tried again with the first battery and nothing was happening.
AC would turn on i was able to go in flight mode but got a battery error message.

I again shut down everything, removed battery from drone.
I then power up the remote. Waited for the RC to connect to phone and give a OK on the FW.
I then put the faulty back on the AC, it powered on and conected to the phone.
I got a message that the FW needed to update. I slide the update now button.
1 of the 2 leds started blinking and then all four lighted up ( i was very happy)
After a few minutes i got a successfull message. I then powered everything back off then on. All is fine now on all 3 batteries.
2017-8-29
Use props
Just J
New
Flight distance : 10400 ft
United States

Doing a firmware upgrade on a Mavic Pro delivered yesterday fails if I use the DJI Pro 4 app on my iPad, and has left the original battery bricked: The two middle lights are on, it can't be turned off, and if placed in the charging hub the hub's light turns red. I've tried updating the drone firmware with the battery installed using DJI Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro, and it reports success, but the battery is still bricked.

How can I unbrick my battery? (I've tried the solutions mentioned in this thread and none have worked so far.)

(Apologies for posting this in multiple threads, but as a new user the forum won't let me start a new thread to ask the question, and I want to make sure it is seen as this is a perfect weekend for flying.)
2017-9-2
Use props
Jumbo333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 797930 ft
France

Same issue today with new battery.
Second upgrade and issue gone :-)
2017-9-13
Use props
Lobiloko
New
Brazil

You save the day, the procedure make it work!  
2017-9-13
Use props
Circle3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007070 ft
United States

Had same problem - battery stuck with 2 center led slowly blinking because of initial failed update.
Here was my solution:
Removed the battery (hot removal as it wont switch off)
Charged it for a an hour (need greater than 50% charge for update to work)
Switch off the remote
Killed the DJI app from the iPad (but did not erased it)
Restarted the App
Restarted the RC
Plugged battery back into the Mavic (hot plug since it was still on)
The App mentioned an inconsistent FW and offered to upgrade
I swiped upgrade FW
The upgrade failed 3 times.
The fourth time the update worked.
Upgrade took 5-10 min and then the battery behaved normally again
2017-9-24
Use props
fansb2971f1f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

I have the exact same problem now that i tried tup upgrade on 9/23/2017.  DJI is saying I need to purchase a new battery, even though it was their software failure that damaged this unit.  I had a fully charged battery and fully charged RC, and 60mbs internet working fine.
Purchased Mid January 2017.   Any suggestions on how to dispute this will be appreciated.

Owner of P2, P2+, P3P, P3A, and Mavic Pro.  

Never experienced any update failures in the past.  UGH!

I have already tried to recharge the battery, but it shows no change from the 2 green light status.

2017-9-24
Use props
Richard Simko
New
Australia

Same issue. I tried to connect to Assistant on Mac. It doesn't recognise the drone. Perhaps it would be a good idea to do firmware update from microSD card.
2017-9-29
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5006fae4 Posted at 2017-1-6 23:17
Hi guys,

I just had the same experience. I plugged in the NEW battery, started up the drone, then got the update message on the DJI app. I initiated the suggested update. The updated failed.

Had the same issue but now resolved or I guess until further notice. mind you, it was with a brand new battery.
2017-9-29
Use props
Anunhyung
New
South Korea

It works.
Thank you very much! fans4bdce353
Happy flying!
2017-10-25
Use props
djiuser_NYInq9i
New
Flight distance : 784 ft
Finland

I had same issue, failed firmware update and battery stuck on two middle led slowly blinking. DJI Assist firmware update on the second time fixed it.
Note about the cause mentioned before: I have very reliable and fast internet connection. I doubt it failed twice. The battery was 62% charged when I managed to upgrade the firmware, so the failure did not happen because the battery charge fall under 50%. The DJI Go app did not start the upgrade, because it said the battery is under 50%.

I need to mention that 1 out of the 3 batteries out of the box was faulty. It never show any sign of life. Returned to the shop.

This upgrade process is so buggy and slow if you have several batteries. DJI needs to fix this.
How do we escalate this issue?
2017-10-26
Use props
fansa2fec7c4
New

France

I had the same problem with the two middle lights blinking. I wanted to try the method described above but my battery never fired up the drone. Now all lights are out whether I try to charge it or not. It's completely dead. Any suggestions? It's the new battery that came with my replacement drone.
2017-11-6
Use props
samsmithsr
New

Geek squad support laptop computers are getting to be more and more popular right now, and now are sometimes the only sort of computer found in a household. This is due to the fact that at the same time potentially they are becoming more and more economical, their processing power is growing to the point where they're as strong as desktop computers from just a few years ago.
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules