New way to earn forum points! [Trial Ended]
123Next >
11460 90 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

1/27 - The BETA trial has ended. Thanks so much for everyone's support and reporting. For now the program will be suspended until further notice as our resources are spread thin. Hope you guys understand and continue to post and "like" great content!

Hey everyone,  

Because of the holidays we are going to see an influx of new users with concerns, questions, and uploaded content. To both encourage the support of these new users and to harbor a more positive and welcoming community we have created an exciting new forum policy:

Introducing Positive Reports

Now when reporting a thread or post, you can choose a number of POSITIVE options as well as negative. A mod will be alerted to the report and choose to award the helpful user with forum points!

Positive report categories:

• Great video
  • Great photo
  • Helpful technical content
  • Tutorial
  • Highly detailed answer

Rules for thread reporting:  

• Content must fit one of the report categories
  • If a thread is found to be especially helpful it will be visibly tagged "DIGEST" (name could change).
  • Video, photo, tutorial content will be more likely to be "digested"
  • Videos may get featured on the forum front page, thus driving more traffic to that content
  • The user whose thread was reported will get 50 points
  • The user who reported the thread will get 3 points  
  • Only positive threads should be reported. If a thread is a complaint, technical/customer service issue, or otherwise not conducive to a warm and friendly environment, the "reporter" will LOSE 3 points. This is up to moderator discretion.

Rules for post reporting:

• Content must fit one of the report categories
  • The reported post needs to have a number of upvotes indicating that other users liked it. (precise number will vary based on popularity of subforum)
  • We highly encourage you to utilize the upvote functionality of the forums to assist this program
  • The user whose post was reported will get 20 points
  • The "reporter" will get 3 points
  • Only positive posts should be reported. If a post is a complaint, technical/customer service issue, or otherwise not conducive to a warm and friendly environment, the "reporter" will LOSE 3 points. This is up to moderator discretion.

2 added rules:

Do not report moderator threads/posts.

Do not report threads that are older than 1 week.

These reports will be ignored

Positive posts will be tallied and points will be given weekly. If you don't get a reply on a report, don't worry. We look at each one!

All rules subject to change. This is a beta policy to determine how the community responds. Reporting negative behavior will remain the same.
This new policy is not an avenue for getting tech support help or issues addressed by the mods. Don't report posts just because you want to draw attention to a problem.

Please respond to this thread with any input you have to make thie new program or the wording of this thread better.

Thanks for all your help.
------------------------
Joe
2016-12-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Joe, Seems like this is already a good place for information and help. This would make it even better.  Rich
2016-12-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Joe , many users here including myself cant redeem the points , can you please help me out. Then  make a post on how to redeem points, I have talked or  Messaged everyone from DJI Mindy to Tahoe ED getting either No response or they said they could do nothing .  Please do not offer points if they are not redeemable , and if I am doing something wrong I apologize but I dont think I am .

Thanks, lets see how DJI Joe fairs on this .

****I have been in Audit limbo since Nov 16th , and waited till the first of the month and still nothing .

donnie

2016-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job,,,   Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
2016-12-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-29 04:49
Joe , many users here including myself cant redeem the points , can you please help me out. Then  make a post on how to redeem points, I have talked or  Messaged everyone from DJI Mindy to Tahoe ED getting either No response or they said they could do nothing .  Please do not offer points if they are not redeemable , and if I am doing something wrong I apologize but I dont think I am .

Thanks, lets see how DJI Joe fairs on this .

I have been in audit since Nov 27. And have more points to redeem, but getting this red error message,

*You have already submitted a redemption application this month, please wait for its approval.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-29
Use props
PentaBro
lvl.1

New Zealand

Well done guys, keep up the good work, cheers.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Glad you guys like the idea. We're already getting a bunch of positive reports! With regards to point redemption, I'll look into it asap.
2016-12-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2016-12-29 12:11
Glad you guys like the idea. We're already getting a bunch of positive reports! With regards to point redemption, I'll look into it asap.

Thanks, as both of my chat replies seems odd.

Wilmar
The DJI audit points can be converted to DJI credits after the forum moderator collected it. It only means, that we need the forum moderator help so that we can convert it into DJI credits.

Jude
Please contact the forum moderator for your points to be converted into DJI Credits, because the points will be forwarded by the Moderator and DJI will convert it into a Dji Credit.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-29
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

All a bunch of mumbo jumbo, now its not only a "TITLE"  competition now its a "oint" competition YAY. Ken{:4_154:}
2016-12-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

100 points to whoever at DJI came up with this. Will be an absolute bonus to getting helpful information.
2016-12-29
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How about email notifications about replies to posts?
Never heard about a forum were you manually have to check all the time...
2016-12-30
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2016-12-30 02:11
How about email notifications about replies to posts?
Never heard about a forum were you manually have to check all the time...

Now that is a very good idea, or have the email of  members available on there Home page so you can send them responses direct if they wish .

donnie
2016-12-30
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Thank you Joe 1 - kudos to you , you were the only one who walked the walk and did what he said he would do regarding this  .. My points are now redeemed and I appreciate this very much .

donnie
2016-12-30
Use props
Making Memories
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206030 ft
United States

I'm still new here and I don't know what the point system does. However I've had my phantom three standard since October, no issues, one minor crash. (My fault)   However I've gained a lot of useful information from the form. And all of my practices currently have been from information from the form.  There are always problems with electronics, however everything is solvable if it's a boy. Keep up the good work and I still love to recommend DJI products. Looking for the Osmo next .
2016-12-30
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is that what the thumbs up and heart buttons are for on the mobile version? So then they would just be for the thread starter and not for any helpful posts in a thread?
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-30 16:20
Is that what the thumbs up and heart buttons are for on the mobile version? So then they would just be for the thread starter and not for any helpful posts in a thread?

Correct. Reporting and upvoting/downvoting is currently not available in the mobile version. Currently working on it.
2016-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Joe, my points got converted into a nice credit at the store
2016-12-31
Use props
fans20b911fa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34682 ft
United States

Hi Joe Happy New year. I have an IPAD that will not load the DJI Go 4 any help. I get Cannot Download This app is not compatibale with this device. Thanks Rick
2017-1-2
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

It seems like a good concept. TBH this forum is most valuable as a resource to investigate issues or things a user doesn't understand so rewarding detailed answers or providing technical advice on e.g. editing videos is good. DJI videos in particular are extremely helpful especially to new users.

Improving the search feature or a moderator post pointing to the best answer or solution would make this even better - organization of this resource would be good, maybe establish categories like FW updates.

The most negative aspects of the forum are when posters go off topic with RTFM and personal insults which escalates to action/reaction bringing threads down to useless. It detracts from the purpose of the forum. Its disheartening to see it happen with some of the most helpful posters in particular. Sometimes a new poster will complain/rant and it would most efficient just to address the issue. Im guilty of that when I first had the cold temp vibration issue, in the end, accepting it and using the helpful suggestion of modifying the gains to minimize it was the best end state.

Not sure what the points are good for - thanks for keeping the forum (mostly) useful
2017-1-2
Use props
Gjmski33
New

United States

New pilot here.  Looking forward to learning from and contributing to the forum.   
2017-1-2
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

thats cool!
2017-1-2
Use props
Chief RM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136204 ft
United States

I read I could get points for giving my email address but can not find a place to put it. Love the forum and have already picked up some great information.
2017-1-3
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Gjmski33 Posted at 2017-1-2 16:01
New pilot here.  Looking forward to learning from and contributing to the forum.

Welcome aboard Gjmski33

donnie
2017-1-3
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Microcyb received 100 point deduction for humor.
DJI_JOE.gif

job.jpg
2017-1-3
Use props
Dougk
New

United States

Thanks Joe, this is very helpful.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Added 2 new rules:

Do not report moderator threads/posts.

Do not report threads that are older than 1 week.

These reports will be ignored
2017-1-3
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

What are the points used for and where can I read about them?

Good job in getting this started.

Thanks
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Blade Breaker 0 Posted at 2017-1-4 13:01
What are the points used for and where can I read about them?

Good job in getting this started.

Go into your personal homepage > points for more info.
2017-1-4
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 13:19
Go into your personal homepage > points for more info.

When you click onto your profile, you should see how many points you have.
When you click onto the menu context Points, you can then do the Exchange For DJI Credit if you so choose.
Image1.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

Got it thanks!!
2017-1-4
Use props
ANGEL LOPEZ
New

United States

oh and how do i check my points ?
2017-1-7
Use props
ANGEL LOPEZ
New

United States

Chief RM Posted at 2017-1-3 08:50
I read I could get points for giving my email address but can not find a place to put it. Love the forum and have already picked up some great information.

just go to dji store click create account it will ask for ur email
2017-1-7
Use props
ANGEL LOPEZ
New

United States

Chief RM Posted at 2017-1-3 08:50

just go to dji store click create account it will ask for ur email
2017-1-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I've posted a number of detailed explanations to technical issues and lots of positive posts and have not seen any benefit. So how does this 'beta' work?
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-1-9 07:02
I've posted a number of detailed explanations to technical issues and lots of positive posts and have not seen any benefit. So how does this 'beta' work?

Mike, the system works when other users report a post for good content. I review every positive report on Fridays and make sure the reported post also has a number of upvotes. If those 2 conditions are met, I issue points to both the poster and the reporter.

So far I've issued hundreds of points on this program. However, since users aren't upvoting helpful posts as much as I'd like, the second condition is rarely met.

Let me know if you have any questions or recommendations to improve the system. You are very helpful with your reports and forum activity so I'd appreciate your input!
2017-1-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-9 09:27
Mike, the system works when other users report a post for good content. I review every positive report on Fridays and make sure the reported post also has a number of upvotes. If those 2 conditions are met, I issue points to both the poster and the reporter.

So far I've issued hundreds of points on this program. However, since users aren't upvoting helpful posts as much as I'd like, the second condition is rarely met.

If you want free, high quality assistance from posters, you should elevate the status of persons consistently rendering service to the community. That is a qualitative judgement. One thoughtful post is worth a hundred empty comments (and to be honest there are days the forum is so toxic, I tune out).

There is also IMO strong US /UK bias in posters. i'm sure these are big markets filled with vocal commentators but they will also saturate. You should consider diversity in your 'trusted commentators' pool.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-1-10 07:04
If you want free, high quality assistance from posters, you should elevate the status of persons consistently rendering service to the community. That is a qualitative judgement. One thoughtful post is worth a hundred empty comments (and to be honest there are days the forum is so toxic, I tune out).

There is also IMO strong US /UK bias in posters. i'm sure these are big markets filled with vocal commentators but they will also saturate. You should consider diversity in your 'trusted commentators' pool.

This is exactly why I've created this system (and why it is still in beta). What you describe is exactly what I hope to accomplish. Thanks for your input.

I'm unsure what you mean, though, when you say "trusted commentator pool".
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

We've increased the amount of points possible to earn by a lot!

Reported threads now get 50 points and reported posts now get 20!
2017-1-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

This is a great thing you guys have done here. I've used the "up vote" myself but could also be better at doing so. I try to squelch posts that are mean spirited, and just trying to trash the product or DJI itself. It's one thing to ask for help with a problem your having from either a Rep or other members of the forum. But don't think the forum is here as a platform for those who just want to complain.
2017-1-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-10 18:00
This is a great thing you guys have done here. I've used the "up vote" myself but could also be better at doing so. I try to squelch posts that are mean spirited, and just trying to trash the product or DJI itself. It's one thing to ask for help with a problem your having from either a Rep or other members of the forum. But don't think the forum is here as a platform for those who just want to complain.

Agree. I PMed Joe aout this very issue.
2017-1-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules