Gimbal problems (overloaded)
1198 6 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse0aa9054
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi, on my last flight of the day yesterday the screen was really shaky, I thought the gimbal had popped out of the thing it hangs from. Looked  fine but checked it out when I got home (not flying) and had no problem with it. Turned it on out in the field this morning and gimbal was not behaving, Go app warning of overload and check clamp.  Usually ended down up facing about 45 degrees down and would not move back up. If I lifted the Mavic up the gimbal would swing all around the place. Any ideas what's happening?  I haven't been flying it in high winds, it's correctly seated and the gimbal clamp is taken off. Also, how do I contact DJI directly about this? Thank you!
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
2016-12-28
Use props
fanse0aa9054
lvl.1

Indonesia

Firmware is 01.03.0200, however, I first saw the problem on the previous firmware and it has continued or gotten worse after the 01.03.0200
I tried gimbal calibration, does not work. I've tried moving the Mavic around after being switched on and it sometimes eventually rights itself, mostly not though. Turn on/off/on, move around - eventually works.

Also, just got back to where I am staying after spending the day with these issues and first time I switched it on it worked perfectly, turned it off and on again to retest and would not work. I then lightly touched the gimbal/camera with my finger to feel if it was hot and it spasmed and went to neutral horizontal position.
2016-12-29
Use props
waye007
New

United Kingdom

hi guys
I've had magic pro for 1 week been flying great ,,, done firmware update and still flying great ,went out this morning and flew over some fields i use regulay
and the message came up gimbal over heating ,,,, then for no reason the drone started spilling out of control, from 400feet to about 70 feet
it then leved out ,,controller went crazy saying esc error no4
i then started to fly back and it done it again but only for a second or 2
regained control and managed to get it on floor
now it won't start and getting message esc status error
removed batts reloaded firmware ,still no luck any ideas
thank you
2016-12-29
Use props
fanse0aa9054
lvl.1

Indonesia

waye007 Posted at 2016-12-29 06:47
hi guys
I've had magic pro for 1 week been flying great ,,, done firmware update and still flying great ,went out this morning and flew over some fields i use regulay
and the message came up gimbal over heating ,,,, then for no reason the drone started spilling out of control, from 400feet to about 70 feet

@waye007 If you go to the Mavic forum main page and press "New Thread" you can create your own post. That way you will have a much better chance of getting a reply to your problem. Give it a descriptive title.
2016-12-29
Use props
fanse0aa9054
lvl.1

Indonesia

I've tested the gimbal repeatedly now and it seems there is some friction on the axis that the lens is on which gets worse when the gimbal is started up and heats up.
I don't know if there are bearings inside (don't think so) or is it something like dust that's gotten inside or manufacturing tolerances. It's never been crashed and always had the clamp on when being transported.
DJI staff please advise.
2016-12-29
Use props
fanse0aa9054
lvl.1

Australia

Are you there DJI staff?
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules