Mavic Unresponsive to Command from Remote Control
2327 25 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Thailand

Hey there, so I flew my Mavic this morning around the beach area. At first, the flight went well. However, the connection between the  remote control and my phone was unstable (my phone keeps detecting that there's a device that is being plugged on and off every 5 seconds). At first, I thought this is due to bad cable connection so I ignored it & still flew it as the mavic has full GPS signal & home point has been recorded. However, after awhile, my Mavic stopped responding to commands given from the remote control. There was no error on the remote control whatsoever when it happened. It happened when the Mavic was 4 meters in front of me, above the ocean. I didnt remember the color of the LED in the front leg of the Mavic. The Mavic descended by itself & it seems like it attempted to land near home point. I ran into the ocean & managed to catch it before it descended into the water.

I'm using Android 7.1.1 & my Mavic firmware is the version that came out early/mid december. The phone detecting new connection issue persists between both DJI Go & DJI Go 4. I'll see if I can extract the flight log later tonight when I have access to my laptop.

Has anyone ever encountered similar problem before?
2016-12-28
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I've had the home point change on a flyaway in follow mode using litchi. RTH put me back in control but on the way back, I took control back and she tried to fly away again I don't know what's wrong with follow mode in litchi, but it's not very trustworthy right now.

I issued another RTH quick. and some reason it moved the home point about 30 feet from the original position. I was kind of surprised it did this as I thought the home point was to stay. I had to cancel follow mode while it was in RTH to gain manual control and fly it back in. Was really weird. Maybe you issued it twice like I did?
2016-12-28
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Thailand

I didn't issue any RTH though. My RTH altitude was set to 30m & return to home point. Since it's around 4 meters from the home point, it just tried to land on the spot.
2016-12-28
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Proyoyo Posted at 2016-12-29 09:10
I didn't issue any RTH though. My RTH altitude was set to 30m & return to home point. Since it's around 4 meters from the home point, it just tried to land on the spot.

Yeah that doesn't sound right. This on the go 4 app or the 3? I've never had that happen but running older firmware and go 3, mainly litchi.

Could be it lost connect and you have it set to land.
2016-12-28
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Thailand

When it stopped responding to the remote controller, attempted to land, I was using the old DJI Go app.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email.
I'll help to check it. Is your DJI account email the same as your forum email?
2016-12-28
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Thailand

I'll sync the flight data when I reach my hotel in 10-12 hours. Yes. My DJI account email should be the same as my forum email. I'll send you a PM once I've done so.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2016-12-28 19:14
I'll sync the flight data when I reach my hotel in 10-12 hours. Yes. My DJI account email should be the same as my forum email. I'll send you a PM once I've done so.

Hello, did you sync your flight records?
There are only two flight records on 12/20.
2016-12-29
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 01:13

Not yet. I haven't reached my hotel yet. I'll be able to do it in about 5 hours.
2016-12-29
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 01:13

Hi, I've synced the flight record. The flight in question is the last flight in the list.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2016-12-29 08:46
Hi, I've synced the flight record. The flight in question is the last flight in the list.

Sorry, cannot see the issue you described. Could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll pass the data to our engineers for review.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-30
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 00:40
Sorry, cannot see the issue you described. Could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll pass the data to our engineers for review.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.

I have sent you a PM with the link
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2017-1-1 14:55
I have sent you a PM with the link

Thank you.
I have pass your flight data to our engineers for review.
2017-1-3
Use props
Nomadic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754692 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If you somehow lose control, the aircraft will trigger RTH. If the distance is less than 5m, it will directly land according to the manual. So this seems normal to me.
But why it just lose control at such a close distance might be a problem, did you experience this before?

As for the plug-unplug issue, I've met before and I was using HUAWEI MATE S, what's your mobile device? Restarting the mobile helps with mine, also it might have something to do with your cable, how about change a new one and try.
2017-1-4
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

Nomadic Posted at 2017-1-4 00:29
If you somehow lose control, the aircraft will trigger RTH. If the distance is less than 5m, it will directly land according to the manual. So this seems normal to me.
But why it just lose control at such a close distance might be a problem, did you experience this before?

I never had this problem before & I was flying with clear LOS. There's no magnetic interference & I wasn't anywhere near any building.

My mobile device is Google Pixel XL.
2017-1-4
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 18:44
Thank you.
I have pass your flight data to our engineers for review.

Hi there, any update from the engineering team about the issue that I encountered?
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2017-1-9 14:54
Hi there, any update from the engineering team about the issue that I encountered?

Sorry Proyoyo, our engineers still working on it.
Thank you for your patience.
2017-1-10
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 03:30
Sorry Proyoyo, our engineers still working on it.
Thank you for your patience.

Hi, has there been any progress regarding this issue?
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2017-1-15 15:29
Hi, has there been any progress regarding this issue?

Sorry for the late reply, Proyoyo.
Our engineers need the controller data as well.
Could you please find the controller data via DJI Assistant and upload it to dropbox?
Many thanks for your cooperation.
2017-1-18
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 03:04
Could you please find the controller data via DJI Assistant and upload it to dropbox?

Sure. I'll upload it to dropbox later tonight.
2017-1-19
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 03:04

Hi, I have sent you a PM with the Dropbox link to the controller data. Unfortunately DJI Assistant did not tell me which file corresponds to which flight. Because of this, I exported & uploaded all of the controller data.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2017-1-20 03:40
Hi, I have sent you a PM with the Dropbox link to the controller data. Unfortunately DJI Assistant did not tell me which file corresponds to which flight. Because of this, I exported & uploaded all of the controller data.

Thank you for your patience, Proyoyo.
Our engineers have reviewed your data.
It's probably a hardware issue on your remote controller.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Purchase invoice:
Forum link of your thread:
2017-1-23
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-23 20:09

I've sent the email.
2017-1-24
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-23 20:09

Hi Mindy, I have sent you a PM regarding the support for this case. One of the support team has arranged for the item to be picked up from me on Monday, 6th Feb 2017. However, he did not specify what I should include in the return. Should I return both the Mavic Pro & the controller? Or should I return only the controller? In addition, looking at the consignment note that TNT sent, it looks like that TNT is going to charge me for the shipment. Why am I being charged for this? Shouldn't this be covered by DJI warranty because it's a hardware failure & I did not do anything to the aircraft/remote control that can cause this failure?
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Proyoyo Posted at 2017-2-3 19:30
Hi Mindy, I have sent you a PM regarding the support for this case. One of the support team has arranged for the item to be picked up from me on Monday, 6th Feb 2017. However, he did not specify what I should include in the return. Should I return both the Mavic Pro & the controller? Or should I return only the controller? In addition, looking at the consignment note that TNT sent, it looks like that TNT is going to charge me for the shipment. Why am I being charged for this? Shouldn't this be covered by DJI warranty because it's a hardware failure & I did not do anything to the aircraft/remote control that can cause this failure?

Have replied your PM. Thanks.
2017-2-4
Use props
Proyoyo
lvl.3

Australia

Can someone from DJI check the status of my repair request? I contacted the support team a few days ago & I have not received any reply yet. My Mavic has been with DJI Repair team for 8 days & until now, no damage assessment has been made yet.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules