Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"unfortunately dji go 4 has stopped" right out of the box
123Next >
14437 81 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Just unboxed my **brand new** Phantom 4 Pro+ and what a disappointment.   After powering everything up, selecting the option to go Fly in the DJI Go app (from the built in RC screen) results in "unfortunately dji go 4 has stopped".   Firmware on RC and drone are both current.    Had a Phantom 3 PRO, never had one single issue with it.   I can already tell that this is a sub-par DJI product.   Hopefully someone from DJI has a resolution.
2016-12-28
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Hey, hang in tight there, i'm sure they'll fix it for the P4P+
While it's just a recent issue with the P4P+ App, they fixed it (at least for all my Android devices) for my P4P.
I heard somewhere in the RcGroup forums that next Go 4 Update will fix the P4P+ aswell.
2016-12-28
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Yeah DJI GO 4 is rather unstable and buggy, not sure why they released it if it wasn't going to work but the latest firmware version for it is awful. I'd try reintalling the app.
2016-12-28
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

I have the P4P+ w\ the screen attached directly to the remote - can' just remove and re-install like you would on a phone or tablet - it's all integrated.  
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry that you are experiencing the difficulties. Just to clarify, every time you connect it and try to open the DJI GO 4, you will get the message, right?
Please help export the log for further evaluation. You can connect the RC to your PC, then find "DJI / dji.pilot.pad", then upload the log to dropbox and provide us the link, we'll handle this case soon.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jdempsey1972 Posted at 2016-12-29 09:36
I have the P4P+ w\ the screen attached directly to the remote - can' just remove and re-install like you would on a phone or tablet - it's all integrated.

Recently, the APP needs to be upgraded together with the remote file, while the APP can be upgraded respectively in near future, we'll update the information on DJI website once it's available.
2016-12-28
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Every time I select GO FLY, I get the error message.  I have not had it work successfully even one time.  When I connect the RC to my PC how to I get to the file you are referring to?  The DJI assist app does nothing when the RC is connected and no drives show up in windows explorer.
2016-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jdempsey1972 Posted at 2016-12-29 04:44
Every time I select GO FLY, I get the error message.  I have not had it work successfully even one time.  When I connect the RC to my PC how to I get to the file you are referring to?  The DJI assist app does nothing when the RC is connected and no drives show up in windows explorer.

Have you tried to delete app and reinstall?
2016-12-29
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Natalia, can you answer my question above about how to get that file off the RC.
2016-12-29
Use props
Cookedinlh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4939754 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I Have exactly the same issue. P4P+  and I've upgraded both aircraft 0203 and controller 1.1.1.1. The PLUS controller screen says "connected" to the aircraft but selecting GO FLY . .  it immediately CRASHES . . . every time . . VERY frustrating for an new machine right out of the box . . . how do any of them work? . . can't downgrade even.
2016-12-29
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

I just got my Phantom 4 Pro + and I have the same issue as described by the OP. Very disappointed. When the phantom is not on instead od the go fly option it shows ENTER DEVICE. When I pick that it does the same thing, it crashes the DJI GO App wit the same message.
2016-12-29
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

I managed to get the file that Natalia was asking for, here is the link to dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx3n4bn2h48jvxb/asdklog_s?dl=0There were 2 files, one was empty, size 0 called asdklog_a. I did upload the second file called asdklog_s

BTW, to get the files, connect the RC via USB to the computer. On the RC tablet pull down from the top to bring down the menu it will show a notification saying "USB connected, touch to copy files to/from your computer." Touch that, you will get to the screen where there is an option to turn on the USB storage. After doing that a new drive should show up on your computer. Go to the folder that was mentioned above, hope it helps.

If they can't get it working tomorrow I'm sending my P4P+ back. I will wait for a month or so to get all the issue worked out.
2016-12-29
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

OK, I got the DJI GO app to work. When the RC is connected to the computer as a mass storage device the GO app starts fine. I can turn on the drone and it gets connect to the app.
2016-12-29
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Musiiseb, thanks for the instructions on how to download the files.  I will give that a try later today and post back with my findings.  Are you saying that the GO app will only work if your RC is connected to the PC, it it works all the time now?  Cheers!
2016-12-30
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

When the rc is connected to the pc I can start the go app. When not connected to the pc it is still crashing.
2016-12-30
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Let me know if get anywhere with the DJI support, I have had no luck in that department - they said they would have to forward the issue to their R&D group.
2016-12-30
Use props
rcheng99
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here with my just unboxed P4P+.  Go Fly error message on controller screen:  "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped."
Wow, where was the quality control before shipping these out??? {:4_157:}
2016-12-30
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Hey DJI, how about an assessment or update on these bricked P4P+ units?  I think we are all about to send them back if you don't provide some sort of status update / timing of the fix.
2016-12-30
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rcheng99 Posted at 2016-12-30 10:34
Same issue here with my just unboxed P4P+.  Go Fly error message on controller screen:  "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped."
Wow, where was the quality control before shipping these out???

Based on previous posts where buyers were reporting test flights on new drones it appeared that DJI tested every drone before shipping. It appears this is not the case with both the Mavic, P4Pro & Pro + units. I wonder if this is due to shipping pressure and demand ?
2016-12-30
Use props
fanse7648d94
New

Iceland

Same problem with another P4 Pro drone, temporary fix, connect with USB cable in storage mode with computer, and afterwards connect app with drone. Hey DJI ... please send a software update becouse it looks like remote app has some issues.
2016-12-30
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Hey DJI, if you are monitoring this thread, can you please provide a update and timeframe on what you plan on doing to address this issue.  You already have my $1700 bucks and I have a drone that just sits there and looks pretty.  I was a fan,  but losing patience.
2016-12-30
Use props
rcheng99
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, I got mine working by going into settings and do a controller backup and reset.  Hope it will work for you too.  Good luck~!
2016-12-30
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Rcheng99, did you do that backup/reset from the RC itself?
2016-12-30
Use props
rcheng99
lvl.1

United States

jdempsey1972 Posted at 2016-12-30 18:36
Rcheng99, did you do that backup/reset from the RC itself?

yes, on the controller screen
2016-12-30
Use props
jdempsey1972
lvl.1

United States

Rcheng99, that worked for me.  Had to do it with the drone connected and chose the option to erase the SD card as well.  Hopefully the first flight tomorrow will be less buggy, fingers crossed.  Cheers!
2016-12-30
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

I tried the reset and backup on the rc and it did not work for me at all.
2016-12-30
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I tried reset again, this time with the drone connected and that did the trick, thanks.
2016-12-30
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not at all impressed! I had the "DJI GO has stopped" message. I did manage to connect again. However, the app is VERY glitchy. The video feed is dreadful... Picture breaking up... Also I got a severe wind warning even though I was at 100 feet with a wind speed of about 2mph...

I had the Phantom 4, I have a Mavic and an Inspire 1 and have not experienced problems like this straight out of the box....
2016-12-31
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-28 17:15
Hey, hang in tight there, i'm sure they'll fix it for the P4P+
While it's just a recent issue with the P4P+ App, they fixed it (at least for all my Android devices) for my P4P.
I heard somewhere in the RcGroup forums that next Go 4 Update will fix the P4P+ aswell.

do you know when the new update will be available?
2016-12-31
Use props
scormar
New

Italy

I' Ve Just bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus. The DJI Go 4 app hangs if the usb storage is not active. As soon as I try to take off, the app hangs again because it is not able to init the maps.
The only way to fly with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus is to take away the SD card from the dron and use it without maps...
...it is a really hawful experience
2016-12-31
Use props
rcheng99
lvl.1

United States

scormar Posted at 2016-12-31 05:00
I' Ve Just bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus. The DJI Go 4 app hangs if the usb storage is not active. As soon as I try to take off, the app hangs again because it is not able to init the maps.
The only way to fly with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus is to take away the SD card from the dron and use it without maps...
...it is a really hawful experience

Have you tried 'backup and reset' on the remote controller?
2016-12-31
Use props
scormar
New

Italy

Just make the erase on the controller. Now it seems to work.
Thanks rcheng99
2017-1-1
Use props
scormar
New

Italy

I think it was a problem related to the write rights of the app on the internal memory od the integrated tablet
2017-1-1
Use props
fans24e67697
New
United States

I have this issue but even worse. I get the "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped" as soon as the controller boots up. I cannot even access the terms of service page. Anyone else with this more severe brick?
2017-1-4
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

I have the P4P+ remote with screen and while flying, often I get "DJI Go 4 has stopped responding". Then it prompts me to either "wait" or "close". It first manifests itself when I try to operate it by touching the screen. It makes the little "pop" sound that indicates it "feels" my touch, but there is no other response (the screen is essentially frozen).

I have been operating it just above freezing around 38 degrees F (at ground level, entirely possible it's below freezing in the air). Not sure if this is a hardware malfunction due to the cold, or if the app is just flawed/buggy.

Sometimes it comes back after what seems like many seconds (I dunno, maybe 10-15), other times I quit, then restart by touching "Go Fly".

stopRespond1.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
fans0a82285f
New
Flight distance : 8547 ft
United States

fans24e67697 Posted at 2017-1-4 14:40
I have this issue but even worse. I get the "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped" as soon as the controller boots up. I cannot even access the terms of service page. Anyone else with this more severe brick?

I have this same issue. The controller recognizes the drone, but pressing Go fly" gives "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped" every time. Resetting controller doesn't help.
2017-1-5
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I also have no end of problems in setting up my brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus quadcopter and I am extremely disappointed.
2017-1-6
Use props
Dutch Dude
New
Netherlands

musiseb Posted at 2016-12-30 19:51
Ok, I tried reset again, this time with the drone connected and that did the trick, thanks.

Hello, had mine yesterday. same issue here . In settings the backup reset button tells me all the data and apps are deleted when hitting it. when I reset the device are the apps still there? thanks for your help
2017-1-8
Use props
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

fans0a82285f Posted at 2017-1-5 13:13
I have this same issue. The controller recognizes the drone, but pressing Go fly" gives "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped" every time. Resetting controller doesn't help.

It is really buggy.. Mine does it too. I think DJI have dropped the ball with this one. Do they actually test stuff before release. Oh no wait... They get us to buy it, then we become the testers..!!!  Very annoying. I turned the Wifi off on mine, and it stopped the crashing. Please fix this DJI and all the other bugs!!!!
2017-1-8
Use props
Dutch Dude
New
Netherlands

Dutch Dude Posted at 2017-1-8 02:23
Hello, had mine yesterday. same issue here . In settings the backup reset button tells me all the data and apps are deleted when hitting it. when I reset the device are the apps still there? thanks for your help

Okay did it , because all are system apps, they stayed. with system on and also sd card erase on. IT WORKED!
2017-1-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules