Unable to exit POI
1238 4 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Took my new Mavic out for first flight yesterday and tried out POI for the first time. I set the POI above my head (me as the POI) then pushed it out and up just above the minimum height and radius (5m), then executed the POI action. The Mavic circled me perfectly for a full revolution as expected, but I was unable to exit out of the POI mode by tapping the exit button on the app on my tablet. It just stayed hovering. I hit the RTH on the controller and I just got a few beeps and the Mavic just stayed hovering. It was still in POI mode because I still had stick control allowing my to change the radius and change from clockwise to anticlockwise. The slider to change the speed the Mavic circles the POI was also unresponsive.

It was like the app locked up, it didn't crash. Then after what seemed like an age it did jump back into manual mode. I wasn't worried as I knew it would autoland when the battery got low and I was in the middle of a flat grassy field, however I would have been worried if I had been in a different location.

Not sure if this might be a bug because I was right on the minimum distances, but it didn't respond as I expected it to.

Details
Firmware - latest boxing day release updated yesterday morning inc controller & both my batteries using Assistant 2
Tablet Sony Z3 compact running Android 6.0.1 (wifi and cellular turned off)
App DJI Go 4 latest update a few days ago.
Before flight max distance set to 15m radius & height to 20m, RTH set to 20m, compass calibrated. Checked all other perameter like IMU's etc in app and all showing good.

For info I am only new to the Mavic & not a complete newbie. Also have Phantom 2 Vision & Phantom 2 with GoPro & Lightbridge 1 with Futaba 14SG and UK commercial drone pilot qualification, so well used to setting up DJI products.

Will try it again later but use my phone instead of tablet and see if it does the same.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Also forgot to mention using the latest Assistant 2 to download the flight log from the Mavic to a local folder on my PC I could only manage to do one log at a time. Initially I selected 4 logs (2 flight & 2 coresponding video). The first flight was transfered then it failed. Tried several times and in the end I had to do one at a time.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Jimney, did you get any error message or capture any screenshot?
Did you click the stop button via DJI GO app or there's no stop button at all?
2016-12-29
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 03:21
Hello Jimney, did you get any error message or capture any screenshot?
Did you click the stop button via DJI GO app or there's no stop button at all?

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The button to exit the POI is there on the Go 4 app, it just didn't do anything when I tapped it to exit the POI mode. I had also previously been in Tripod & Cinematic modes and been able to exit from those back into standard manual mode.

There was no error message that I noticed and I didn't get a screenshot as it is difficult to do on the Sony tablet as I have a sun hood on it too and with the holder I have it is difficult to get to the power button which gives access to take a screen shot.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jimney Posted at 2016-12-29 03:42
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'll help to report this issue.
By the way, if convenient, please make a short video if you have the same issue next time.
2016-12-29
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

It would be great if we could have a short video to show how to reproduce this problem. Thanks
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules