Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie with some questions
804 7 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jc918
lvl.1
United States

I have a few questions please forgive me if these sound basic.

How far can the Phantom 4 Pro fly with a safe round trip distance of being able to be returned to home ? I know keep the aircraft in sight I just want the tech specs,  also what recommended battery settings for newbie to insure the aircraft always returns home.

When I take off it says ready to fly in green but doesn't say safe to fly is this a new change If I recall on the Phantom 4 it said safe to fly.

I had my drone pre setup from the delealr I purchase my Phantom 4 Pro from. They did all the updates and checked the aircraft for any defects when I got the Phantom 4 pro I did a compass calbration which seem to work the aircraft flys great will the system tell you if you did a in proper compass calbration ?

Also what's recommended for battery care since I just got this I plan on flying almost everyday for awhile.   

Can the Phantom 4 Pro handle light snow fly ?  

2016-12-29
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

About 7 KM is the maximum distance.
2016-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The P4pro could do a round trip in excess of 10km
Ready to Fly is the new wording so that users don't do something stupid and say .. It said it was safe!
Compass calibration?  You didn't read p57 of the manual.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.0.pdf
Don't fly in snow.
2016-12-29
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

About 7 km is the maximum distance. Set the battery low level warnings at 30% and 10%. Ready to fly means it's ok and safe to fly. After a compass calibration, if all is ok, it won't tell you to calibrate the compass. That message will go away. Battery care? None required except do not leave it fully charged if you're not going to fly it for more than 24 hours. Otherwise discharge it to 50% for storage.  I would not fly mi Phantom 4 Pro Plus through any moisture whatsoever. A little cold is alright, but  NO MOISTURE.  I hope that helps you out.
2016-12-29
Use props
Jc918
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone
2016-12-29
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'd get an official DJI Battery charging hub if you have more than 1 battery. It has charging and storage settings which are really useful
2016-12-29
Use props
Jc918
lvl.1
United States

Yeah that was the first thing I ordered I have two Batteries now I plan on getting 3 more.
2016-12-29
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Well every piece of equipment out there will state what they claim it gets including the MPG of a car but it's rarely achieved it's all done based on formulas of what the craft pulls on its battery.

My best suggestion is to get over a computerized test telling you the specs take your bird just flying around no more than a hundred feet away or so wait till that 30% comes on and Warns you. Then look at total distance flown then half that number is as far as you should try to fly outward if you end up getting wind on the flight back it will take more battery and might not make it back.

My Phantom 3 specs State 25 minutes or so butt every flight I have noticed when I start recording right when I turn it on it's always about 15 minutes or so when the 30% come on
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules