Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Drain issue on iPhone..........
11345 50 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-1-31 05:21
I had similar issues with the 6s plus mine went from 100% to 4-8% after 3 batteries back to back - I opened a case with DJI and requested their R&D to comment on those battery stats - lets be honest, they recommend the phone so from that perspective I believe their have tested the impact of flying with that phone and its impact on the battery as in contrary the remote is not charging the phone - I want to know what their stats revealed with regards to how long you should be able to use the phone which makes them believe its recommended and so fit for purpose ... I strongly doubt that a phone that only lasts 1 or 2 battery packs should be considered fit for purpose without caveating it in the documentation ... still waiting for feedback though ....

just to add to this - I also logged a call with Apple who did some remote validation of consumption stats, battery health etc especially as the phone wasnt affected by the bad battery batch - the next step from their side would be to assess the phone and use-case by a genius ... to be fair though, I assume its the combination of app/remote and phone - where the phone itself plays the lowest part as without the phone works perfectly fine and lasts over 28hrs without charging as its capacity is still over 93% which for a phone that is over a year old and in daily use is brilliant ...
2017-1-31
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Motty Posted at 2017-1-31 04:45
I have also had same issue with my very first flight with Mavic which obviously worried me and I flapped a bit - went from 100% to 10% in under 5 mins.  Managed to get drone back and land safely - luckily being 1st flight it was only 150 metres away.  Cycled power on phone without charging and it read 83%.  Spoke to Apple support and completed diagnostics with no issues.  She suggested turning off all background updates.  I will try again when I get a chance as away with work for 3 weeks.

If I go into flight mode on phone, how do i get the maps / gps functionality on iphone to show map on screen ?

You should be able to cache your maps and be fine going into Airplane mode or just disabling cell/wifi/bluetooth.   You can load the maps for the area you will be flying (zoom in and out) in DJI GO/GO 4 or Litchi  while you have an internet connection and then the app will have them later when you in airplane mode.
2017-1-31
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

for Iphone users this could be your best friend. I'm on android and it's my best friend!

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Pow ... &keywords=anker
2017-1-31
Use props
fans60a92083
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1425686 ft
Australia

I have this problem with DJI Go 3 and the OSMO. 100% battery down to 30% in 5 minutes of use.
2017-6-5
Use props
typhoon47
New
Sweden

I can confirm the exact same issue with an Mavic and iPod touch gen 5 which doesn't even have cellular chip and in flight mode and with a god battery.
I would say it's the app rather than the device.
2017-7-6
Use props
TaylorAnthony
New

India

After updating IOS 11 on my iPhone, I have noticed a problem on battery life. Which I found had a lot of tips on a thread from Google and I solved the problem.  
Source: https://www.howtoisolve.com/improve-ios-11-battery-life/
2017-10-11
Use props
Ranglesnatch
New

Canada

DGHockeytown Posted at 2017-1-2 15:52
I was in Airplane mode today and it dropped from 50% to 10% instantly.  It WAS a Cold day, but 39 degrees is a sauna compared to last week!!

It was 1% by the time I got to the house and to a charger.......I plugged it in and it jumped to 42%......CRAZY!

I get exactly this!
I purchased the mavic pro for work purposes: I have now tried 4 iphone 5s's on the mavic. each one doesn't last even one drone battery until it says 1% remaining on the iphone then goes to battery save mode. When I get back and plug it into the wall it tells me I have 40% battery!
Again it has been cold [5 degrees] but this doesn't seem the issue - is there any official response from DJI about this? I can't seem to find anything
The Mavic is great to fly and it’s a positive addition to our reference work but I’d like to fly it longer as I have 3 drone batteries to get through : )
2017-11-13
Use props
Tiana
lvl.1

United States

Usually, iPhone battery draining fast is due to iPhone system problems. To fix this issue, you could use related iPhone repairing tools. They would not cause any data loss. Or you can try other methods introduced in How to Fix iPhone Battery Draining Fast.
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_qNaffS9WEJPK
New

United States

iPhone battery draining fast could result from software or ios-related problems. To completely fix it, you could try to force restart the device first. If this doesn't work, then you might have to try an ios system repair software such as Joyoshare UltFix to get out of trouble without any data loss. Hope your problem can be successfully resolved.
2021-2-24
Use props
SujataM
lvl.1

India

major Android smartphone makers are plugging fast charging for their flagship devices. Alas, the brand new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus still don’t have such a capability. Because Apple just has to do things differently!

Why do you not have at least wireless charging in 2015, Apple? In case you’re bothered by the lack of something as basic as fast charging on the iPhone, did you know that there are several methods you can use to power up just about any model of the handset rapidly?

We’ve brought you 6 top tips for charging your iPhone faster (plus a bonus trick). Unless you find your device is heating up too quickly, don’t worry about any of the following methods causing damage to the battery inside it since the PMIC in your smartphone still has a say in how much is too much
2021-5-31
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-1-31 05:21
I had similar issues with the 6s plus mine went from 100% to 4-8% after 3 batteries back to back - I opened a case with DJI and requested their R&D to comment on those battery stats - lets be honest, they recommend the phone so from that perspective I believe their have tested the impact of flying with that phone and its impact on the battery as in contrary the remote is not charging the phone - I want to know what their stats revealed with regards to how long you should be able to use the phone which makes them believe its recommended and so fit for purpose ... I strongly doubt that a phone that only lasts 1 or 2 battery packs should be considered fit for purpose without caveating it in the documentation ... still waiting for feedback though ....

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to drain battery issues on all iPhone, but here are some steps you can take:-
1. Lower Screen Brightness:- The display is a major battery drain. Reduce brightness manually or enable Auto-Brightness.
2. Turn Off Location Services:- Many apps use location services, even in the background. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and disable it for unnecessary apps or switch to "While Using the App" for specific ones.
3. Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi:- When not in use, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to save battery.
4. Reduce Notifications:- Constant notifications can wake up your iPhone, draining battery. Go to Settings > Notifications and manage notification settings for individual apps or turn them off entirely for less important ones.
5. Enable Low Power Mode:- This mode reduces background activity and performance to conserve battery. Go to Control Center (swipe down from the top right corner) and tap the battery icon with a low battery indicator to enable it.
6. Update Software:- Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates. More energetic assistance below.

3-7 03:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules